A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,272
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~  (Read 54497 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #480 on: August 21, 2014 01:47:42 PM »

One last Quidditch post!

Challenge: Quidditch--beater
SPEW: UAMS cancer center
Hoist: Slytherin
Project name: navy blue "Lillian mittens"
Project source:
Project description: mittens definitely must come in pairs and can't really function alone. Some chemotherapy drugs can make patients incredibly sensitive to the cold, causing blisters and nerve pain. So I asked the patient support center if I could donate some mittens for the winter months for patients that have the cold sneak up on them. I had it happen to me and I wish I had known how severe the cold would feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #481 on: August 21, 2014 02:11:12 PM »

Another last ditch effort for Quidditch points!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch World Cup - Keeper
House: Hooflepoof
Project Name: Gus the Octopus
Project Page Link: Mini Amigurumi Octopus Pattern
Brief Description: I absolutely love the way this little guy came out, even if I nearly went bonkers making 8 fiddly little legs.  I want to make millions more, but I don't think my house could handle a cephalopod infestation.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #482 on: August 21, 2014 02:52:02 PM »

NICE mittens, Erin!  I love how they button! Smiley

Gaudiknight, the octopus is ADORABLE! 

I have another quidditch submission, too!  This one took about an hour.  For a more arty person it would've been less, but I still fiddle a lot with paper selection composition, etc. 

Challenge: Quidditch - Chaser
S.P.E.W.: N/A
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Jong Wen Dze Shu (Chinese word book)
Project Description: I'm re-learning how to read Chinese.  A lot of words come back quickly, but with others I have to look them up again and again (usually for pronunciation more than meaning.)  I never learned simplified characters, so those are new-ish to me, too (they're just what they sound like - a more complex character that's been stripped down to become a simpler version.)  I knew that if I wrote my trouble words down on index cards it would help me to remember them better, and I'd have a quick reference guide for those I kept having trouble with.  But of course I couldn't have just a boring index pack, so I had to dress it up with layered cardstock (inked edges) and stickers.  The 2 characters say "meng" (dream - simplified character) and "sying" (to be lucky.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2014 03:17:36 PM »

Challenge: Quidditch - Haversacking
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Boyfriend mending
Brief Description: I finished three WIPs for this challenge - all things I'd told my partner that I'd fix for him. The t-shirt has been waiting for a month, the button-up for about 6 months, and the scrub top... well, let's just say longer than that.

T-shirt with holes worn in the arm pits:

Button-up shirt with a rip in the elbow:

Scrub top that was to tight after the first time I "fixed" it:

Challenge: Quidditch - Blurting
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Blueberry bonanza
Project Page Link: http://www.culinate.com/market/WilliamsburgFarmersMarket/recipes/wfm_recipes/blueberry_bonanza (very similar to the recipe in my book)
Brief Description: When canning, you have to make sure that all your jars are closed up tight! Nothing's getting in there. I made blueberry bonanza from my Ball canning book with blupaisan. The recipe makes blueberry syrup (pictured on pancakes), and blueberry butter (pictured on toasted pound cake). Some jars not pictured, because I sent blu home with them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2014 04:08:16 PM »

It's midnight here, but you American guys are behind us in timezones so I can still sneak a quidditch project under the wire! Why so late, I hear you ask? because it took me 5 HOURS (!!!!) to graft 92 stitches all day today, but i am proud to report that this is my first truly successful (ie not horrific looking) seam graft! Huzzah!

Challenge: quidditch beaters
House: Raveclawsome
Project:
This is a double layered hat, requiring a pair of exactly matching hats to be knit (the loop at top joins them, so you knit one, then go straight into making the i-cord leaving a small hole by the base... then you take your working yarn through the hole and knit another hat inside out... then graft)

The hat is effectively a klein bottle, and this one has stripe that follow the numbers of e (you have to be a pretty big maths nerd to think that's cool. But if you think that's cool, then I think you're super cool)

the i-cord will also function as a button loop to hold the back of the hat down, which I saw on a 'goblin hat' on pinterest and have adjusted my pattern to include as I thought it was cute. However this hat doesn't currently have a button as I want the recipient to wear it while I sort out placement since I reckon his head is bigger than mine. I can't do that yet since it's a surprise birthday pressie.

You guys totally want to see my grafting, huh? Cheesy

Class: Alchemy
House: ravenclaw
project:
This ipod case is basically 2 TM patches sewn together; the front one features little my floating down in a rainstorm with her umbrella, and the back is a vintage button to hold the closing flap down
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2014 04:38:04 PM »

~ Memo from the House Elves ~

"What did you expect? ...Pumpkin juice!?"
     - Chamber of Secrets

Pumpkin juice is a delicious beverage that can be drunk at any occasion, including breakfast, lunch, a feast or at the quidditch pitch.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Bumphing
SPEW: N/A
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pumpkin Juice
Project Page Link (if available): brytontaylor.com
Brief Description: This delicious drink would be wonderful to take to any quidditch match.  Whether served chilled during the summer or packed warm in a thermos for a chill autumn match, pumpkin juice is sure to make the game more enjoyable.
Project Picture:

Ingredients
Actual "pumpkin juice" *
   - half of a butternut squash
   - 2 cups water
Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
   - 1.25 cup pumpkin juice
   - 3 cups apple juice
   - 1/2 cup apricot nectar
   - 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
   - 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
   - 1/2 cup sugar*

Instructions
   1.   Start by placing your half a pumpkin or squash in a baking tray lined with a layer of water. Roast for approx 40 minutes at 180C until soft when fork is pressed in.
   2.   Remove from oven, cool and remove skin.
   3.   In a blender, combine the squash and water and blend. You can also put the pumpkin through the juicer, following it with water (putting just the pumpkin through does next to nothing).
   4.   In a saucepan, combine the 1.25 cups of the pumpkin juice with the apple juice, apricot nectar, vanilla essence, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes.
   5.   The whole point of this? By simmering you'll be reducing the water so it'll have a more concentrated taste and will help the spices infuse with the juices, which plays a big part in the taste.
   6.   Chill and serve (although served hot is wonderful too!)

*Note - Because I was too lazy to roast a squash I experimented and found that you can mix one small (15oz) can of pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, with 2 cups of water in a blender and get similar results.  Also I found this drink to be very sweet, if thats your thing then great; but in the future I would reduce the sugar to 1/3 cup.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2014 04:40:21 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Beater
Project Name:  Blue Skimmer Socks
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Socks need partners.  They are just not helpful when you only have one. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Chaser
Project Name:  Super Eyeglasses Case
Brief Description: I had been meaning to make a case for my sunglasses for a while now.  They usually just float around in my purse or car and since they are prescription I decided they needed a better home.  I whipped this little guy up in about 45 minutes the other day.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Keeper
Project Name: Alice in Wonderland Pincushion
Brief Description: I always think cross-stitch projects will take me no time at all.  Then I'm always wrong... so many little x's.  This is a biscornu style pincushion with stitching on the top and bottom.  The pattern is by Cloud's Factory.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margaron
« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2014 05:07:42 PM »

You grew a SCOBY too! You'll have to tell me how your kombucha turns out, I tried double fermenting but mine didn't come out fizzy, still tastes like kombucha but I think I left too much air at the top :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #488 on: August 21, 2014 07:18:05 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Cobbing Quidditch Challenge
House: Huffepuff
Project Name: Cabin Interior Walls or I love Coffee
Brief Description: For cobbing it had to be a project that was excessive in some way.  I have painted the walls of The Cabin as my project.  They are painted in a two color adobe faux finish.  I smear on one color in several sections of a 2' X 2' section of wall, then smear the other color in the blank sections of wall, then smear the two colors together and pat them with a bit of fake sheep skin.  Make sure you apply paint to the sheep skin before you pat the walls or it'll pull the paint off the walls, and maybe the plaster too.  Only paint a little at a time.  Overlap sections as you go.  Use two colors on the same color strip two or three colors apart.  The two colors I used were coffee and cream.  Smeared together my walls now look like a mocha latte.  It could fill the bill by how excessively exhausted I am, or how excessively ugly the kids think it's is.  It could fill the requirements by being excessively awesome, or how excessively thirsty I became once I realized they looked like a latte, or even how excessively HAPPY I am that the walls are finally painted!!!  Cheesy  I'm sorry the room is so dark.  I was losing the light. 
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #489 on: August 21, 2014 07:46:53 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Haversacking Quidditch Challenge
Project Name: Batts and Boards
Brief Description: When I was in 6th grade my father, a master electrician, decided to build a "playhouse" in the West Pasture.  What he built was a 16' X 16' Cabin, on a concrete foundation, fully wired, fully plumbed, with a sleeping loft.  But he never finished it.  He died 10 years ago.  I love finishing his WIPs.  Last week we realized that Dad never finished putting the batts on the front of the cabin under the porch roof.  o.O  What the heck???  So for my Haversacking project I finished my Dad's WIPs.  I finished putting the batts on the house.  Cheesy  I've never done that before so I'm really proud of it.  Smiley  The batts I installed are the 6 light colored ones around the door.  I cut them from 12' cedar 1x4s.  Pumpkin loves sleeping on the door's pie shelf. Cheesy
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stem Stitch
How to Baby Cross Stitch
How to Do Needlepoint with Wool
How To Wind The Bobbin On Your Machine
How to Use an Embroidery Hoop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...