A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 301,528
Currently Running With Scissors:
821 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~  (Read 46210 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Magpirate
« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2014 10:42:15 PM »

Inselaeffchen, your TM patches look great!  Fantastic work on the card and gift tags, too, they look so elegant.

Naantje, the harp necklace is really cool, what a great gift!

Wow, ErinAquaheart, you've been busy!  The photo album sounds like a truly epic project, congrats on finishing it!  All your hats are wonderful, as always.  Wise Old Bunnycorn is cute, and I love your winter shrine!

Holy pile of fantastic projects, Mistress Jennie!  Those doodle boxes are amazing!  The bracelets are pretty and I love all the T-shirt yarn.  The mobile looks so fun and sparkly!  Delicious-looking bread, and the periodic table quilt is great!

Awesome nail art, margaron!  They turned out beautifully!

The granny square throw looks great, WhistleFish!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy class
SPEW: N/A
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Partial TARDIS
Brief Description: My parents recently had a big yard sale, and they let me take home any of my old toys I didn't want them to sell.  I rescued a giant tub of LEGO bricks and made this chunk of TARDIS.  At first I wanted to make a whole TARDIS but I ran out of blue bricks, so I settled for a piece the size of my largest base plate.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Chaser (team USA)
Project Name: Tiny TARDIS
Brief Description: Every month at work we have inventory, where a company comes in and counts all the drugs in our pharmacy, and it is always terrible.  In an attempt to make it less terrible, a friend of mine decreed that it would be Doctor Who day.  She and I and another guy all wore Doctor Who shirts and geeked out.  My girlfriend wanted in on it (we work together), so I whipped up this little paper TARDIS for her to wear on her name tag.  I made most of it during breaks and phone time at work, using materials I had in my desk (although I did the lettering after I got home, with acrylic paint and a straight pin).  It is not quite an inch tall and it took less than an hour total to make.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Cobbing (team USA)
Project Name: Tiny Dalek
Brief Description: This little guy is excessively tiny.  He's about half an inch tall.  I wanted something Whovian to wear at work when I'm not allowed to wear a T-shirt so I made myself a name tag Dalek.  I made him at work over the course of several days and I never took him home, so he's made of discarded bits of cardboard and Sharpie-colored scrap paper, glued together with Second Skin liquid bandage.  Tongue
Project Picture:

He's kind of to scale with my girlfriend's TARDIS:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Flacking (team USA)
Project Name: "That's my favorite, I've got that on a T-shirt."
Brief Description: This is the shirt I wore on Doctor Who day.  I made it by printing out the words and the TARDIS outline and tracing them with fabric stain pens.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #451 on: August 17, 2014 02:47:01 AM »

@ErinAquaheart: You certainly didn't lie when you said massive post ahead. Wow! How to you get those wide brims to stay up like that? If I try that, they end up all droopy.  Undecided How did you get those macaroons so purple? Did you add purple foods to the mix, or did you use food coloring? (Also, I think you're supposed to add a recipe when posting food...) I love the Beaubattons Cloche, that is a kind of hat I would wear Smiley The candle-holder mod is really cute, this way it'll actually get used. I'd like to see the snow wait another couple months though Tongue Also: weren't you just adorable as a kid? That's quite a task you achieved with the album, well done! Cheesy

@MistressJennie: Those doodle boxes would be right up my alley too! And that mobile is very pretty Smiley Well worth the repetitive work! I love the periodic table quilt by the way, great for a budding scientist. And an unrelated question: do you know if Pinkleo is okay? I know you two are great friends, and I guess you'd let us know if something was wrong, but I just noticed she hasn't been on craftster since April. Just wondering if life is too fun and busy for her right now, or if something bad is going on. Because if she's in a bad spot, I'd like to help cheer her up somehow.

@margaron: Wow, you must be a nail polish goddess. I can't even get mine to look as tidy when just using full coats of polish, and you can do this? Very cool indeed!

@WhistleFish: Good thing for Gryffindor that you remembered it was an OWL, with the amount of work you put in, it does deserve more than the regular 15 points. I guess I shouldn't approve, being a Slytherin, but there are so few Gryffindors left that your house really depends on you. I wonder where they've all gone...

@MagPirate: Doctor Who! I bet you're counting down along with me. Another six days and the doctor returns! I'm so anxious to see if Peter is every bit as great of a Doctor as I expect him to be.

@Everybody: Thanks for all the positive feedback Cheesy I went back to make an adjustment on the harp necklace, because I was having second thoughts about the placement of the pendant, and I think it looks nicer now. What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014 02:53:56 AM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #452 on: August 17, 2014 07:42:46 AM »

*face palm* why do I keep forgetting to add the recipe!!!! Smiley I'll go fix that.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
netchez
« Reply #453 on: August 17, 2014 11:31:31 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Defense Against the Dark Arts ( DADA)
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
Project Name: A Bath Mat for Simone
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=435160.0#axzz3AfT8933z
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Simone needs a rug to go alongside her bed and a mat to step on when she gets out of the bath.  I saw a picture on pinterest of a mat similar to the one I made but there were no instructions.  So I decided to "wing it".  Joy reminded me that I needed to include instructions, since there was no link to a pattern, and I asked if there wasn't a class that required a tutorial.  "Yes, why yes there is" was the reply.  I have now learned how to do a tutorial and post it.  That you for making me learn that!

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
netchez
« Reply #454 on: August 17, 2014 12:00:13 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Bean - Marshmallow
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
Project Name: Rug for Clara
Project Page Link (if available):http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=435160.0#axzz3Ag0I2DsK
Brief Description: While doing the tutorial for DADA (A Bath Mat/ Rug for Simone), I decided that Clara needed a bedside rug for her home, since the floors are hardwood.  So I followed the tutorial and made a second white mat/rug for her.  It was done usinig white "Peaches and Cream" cotton yarn.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #455 on: August 17, 2014 12:13:46 PM »

OOh So Many Wonderful projects, too many for me mention as I have a very limited internet connection-

Challenge: Bertie Bott's mini challenge- Marshmallow
Project Name: Functional Art Aka DIY TV Antenna
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.squidoo.com/make-this-powerful-hdtv-antenna-out-of-cardboard

I have been unemployed for a couple of years now so money is ridiculously tight, as such I have had
to down-size or eliminate Luxury items, Cable service being one of those items- I purchased $10 rabbit ear antenna That
got me 2 whole channels, three on a good day- so I hit the web and discovered a tutorial for this antenna. I now get
29 channels and it didn't cost me a thing - made completely from things around the house

This is actually the second one I have made, I modified the design slightly- I changed the feet so it's more stable and
the arms that hold the "bow ties" to make it sturdier and finally place a hole at the bottom to allow the cable to
be run between the "bow ties" instead of off to the side of them.

Class: Potions
Project Name: 3 Dragon Eye Cups

Paperclay over glass candle cups

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014 03:29:59 PM by teag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

margaron
« Reply #456 on: August 17, 2014 04:26:32 PM »

NEWT Subject: Potions
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Doctor Who Embroidered Quilt
Brief Description: I want to have a kick at my first ever quilt, I've done a lot of research on quilting and finally have the guts to try. I will be combining many 'ingredients' to accomplish this and likely many techniques in this 'potion' until I figure out what I like. I plan to make a nine square quilt, each square will have an embroidered doctor who image on it and a border in another fabric and backing in yet another. All my fabric is cotton and will be embroidered with images by hand AND all sewn together by hand. I expect this to be a very long project, with each square taking a few days to embroider alone, the more complicated ones possibly taking a week. I want to complete all the embroidery first and then do all the borders and then begin batting, quilting etc. If this doesn't kill me I don't know what will. I hope to have it done by mid October if I'm lucky and progress is good, possibly early October.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #457 on: August 17, 2014 05:39:10 PM »

@Naantje: True! I was just wondering that last night! There used to be a lot more Gryffindors for sure!

@netchez: I love the little rugs! I might have to borrow the idea for my rat's house! Lol.

@teag: That antenna is so neat! I showed my husband and now he wants to make one for the bedroom TV. I'm really impressed you went from 2-3 channels to 29!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #458 on: August 17, 2014 06:49:04 PM »

@teag: That antenna is so neat! I showed my husband and now he wants to make one for the bedroom TV. I'm really impressed you went from 2-3 channels to 29!!

I was impressed too, whistleFish-I never thought a piece of cardboard and some tin foil would ever work but I figured if all I wasted was my time I really didn't have much to lose-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #459 on: August 18, 2014 04:48:13 PM »

Since I was on holiday when the last Witch of the Week was posted, we are due a double dose; so our 2 WotW winners are announced over on the noticeboard

and, you will notice that one of them is... not a Witch! that's right, our first ever (I think...) Wizard of the week!
This prompts me to ask if anyone feels we ought to come up with a non-gendered title to use? of course WotW works for either Witch or Wizard, but if anyone has any other suggestions please post or PM me Smiley Or are you happy to leave it as it is?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Makeup Expert Kandee Johnson Transforms Into 1990s Madonna
Prabal Gurung Fall 2014 NY Fashion Week - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
DIY: The Benefits of Olive Oil
Remove Toxins and Bacteria From Your Body With Oil Pulling
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...