A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 42306 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2014 02:18:06 PM »

Warning: Project Dump Ahead

Class/Challenge/House Pride: June Detention Make-Up
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Quiched
Brief Description: OK, let's try to do a food post right, this time.  The backstory is one of the last times I was on a beach (actually it was more of a cliff, pretty close to the southern-most point in the US) I was enjoying a quiche my Aunt had made with the few duck eggs we'd managed to find before the mongoose (mongeese?) got to them, and whatever was leftover in the fridge.  Spinach and cheese featured prominently.  This is definitely not the same quiche, but given it was my first attempt at making one, it was passable.
Recipe: (parenthetically annotated by my mother, who then advised me to ignore most of it anyway)
12 oz can evaporated skim milk
1/3 c. Low fat cottage cheese (I know I use more )
1/4 c. Parmesan
2 eggs (again, I use 4-6)
3 egg whites (nah)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeeze dry
Plain pie crust, baked, cooled

Preheat oven to 425 F
In med. bowl whisk milk, cottage cheese, Parmesan, eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper
Place pie pan on jelly roll pan, spread spinach over crust, pour in filling. (when I followed the recipe as given it overflowed. They never do give diameter of pie plate.)
Bake 15 min at 425' then reduce temp to 350 & bake til filling is set, around 20 more minutes.
Cool 10 min. Before serving.

I ended up using somewhere between a half to 3/4 cups of cottage cheese and 4 eggs in the base.  I had enough eggy goop to fill two pre-made pie crusts, so I divided the spinach and put mozzarella in one and then loaded the other with cheddar cheese.  I only got pictures of the cheddar one.

191 Quiche by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Bumphing
Project Name: Kitchen Sink Cookies
Project Page Link (if available): Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Brief Description: Snacks are an important part of any gathering.  I made up a bunch of cookies in preparation for having a few friends over for games.  I instead of plain peanut butter chips I substituted a mish mash of what I had in the pantry (white chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, M&Ms etc.) and they were delicious.

Kitchen Sink Cookies by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Seeker
Project Name: Minifee Muslin
Project Page Link (if available): Made using this pattern.
Brief Description: Doll clothes are pretty familiar territory for me by this point, but usually the insides look terrible, with exposed seams everywhere that are always fraying despite zig-zagging or pinking.  The pattern/tutorial I found for this dress finally explained how to do the inner lining in a way that actually made sense, so all those ugly unfinished edges are nicely hidden this time around.

Lining by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
New Arrival by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014 02:29:11 PM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #391 on: August 02, 2014 06:38:17 AM »

Those rainbowbrite earrings are so cute! Did you make them with shrinky-dinks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
gaudiknight
« Reply #392 on: August 02, 2014 01:42:37 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean - Casserole
Project Name: Peas & Carrots Plaid
Project Page Link: Made using this free pattern
Brief Description: Stashbusting!  My favorite!  I whipped this up last night to test some modifications I'd made to a bodice pattern.  I didn't need yet another muslin dress, so I used an old torn sheet I had destined for the rag bin.  The sash was serendipitously found in my scrapbooking stash.

Plaid by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2014 04:05:49 PM »

Okay ... phew ... the Pinterest is back up-to-date.

Hopefully will be able to update the Alchemy Dungeon tomorrow evening (Witch #1 just finishing off the chicken pox but still has tummy issues, Witch #2 never got the pox - huh! And my mum's over and needs entertaining as her English is not the best).

Sorry again for the delay ... Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #394 on: August 02, 2014 09:15:53 PM »

Erin- OMG!!!!  I LOVE YOUR RAINBOW BRIGHT EARRINGS!!!!  *SQUEE*  Cheesy
Guadiknight- I always love your doll clothes!  Cheesy
Pottermouth- It was in the hunting camp (an old long bus) when I was a kid.  AnnoyingLittleBrother and I want to build an inline oven to go above it so I can bake and cook at the same time.  Its a blast!!! Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Seeker Quidditch Challenge
Project Name: Solar Candlesticks
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Camping in the cabin, its FULL of light during the DAY.  As a tiny house, sun streams in through the windows constantly.  But the moment the sun goes down, and in Texas it goes down in seconds, its pitch dark.  While my dad ran electricity to the cabin, and Im still wiring up the plugs and fixtures, I see no reason not to utilize solar in such a small space.  The technology is so far advanced past what we even dreamed of when I was a kid.  I was tooling around on Pinterest, looking at solar lights for the cabin, and chandeliers for my cousin when I got the idea to put solar lights into my mothers candlesticks.  These candlesticks were on the mantle from before I can remember (and I remember having my diaper changed at 1yo).  I LOVE these candlesticks.  They are *home*.  I had two pipes that had gone to some solar lights Id played with last year.  The kids shattered those lights, but I keep parts *just in case*.  I cut the bottom four directions up an inch from the bottom and pinched them smaller with channel locks.  I hammered them into the candlesticks and super glued them in.  Then I stared at it for a week trying to figure out how to attach the top.  I wound up doing it by cutting a bit of dowel 3 long, and after trial and error, I wrapped the bottom of the dowel with electrical tape to tight fit it into the pipe.  I drilled a hole in the top of the dowel to fit the solar lights stem.  I forced the top of the dowel up through the lamp shades brace and then, after cutting the top of the shades bracing out with my dremel, placed the solar light into the shade, shoving the stem down into the hole I drilled.   I hope this isnt as confusing as it sounds.  Lol  I used the solar lights that I did, because these lights have switches.  I can turn them on and shut them off as needed.  Other solar lights charge during the day and then turn on when its shady and can run out of electricity before were done needing them.  They fit the project criteria by not looking like solar lights.  They just look like lamps.  Its very easy to miss that they are actually solar unless you are really observant. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Chaser Quidditch Challenge
Project Name: A Beauxbaton Scarf for Simone
Brief Description: I recently got a book titled The Mary Frances Knitting and Crocheting Book.  Its a book that tells the story of a little girl learning how to crochet and knit by making different pieces of clothing for her doll, while teaching knitting and crocheting with patterns for the same pieces of doll clothing that the little girl is making for HER doll.  Smiley  I am making all the projects while I read the book, working up to knitting.  The first project was a scarf.  It was very monotonous.  Im unused to crocheting with such small hooks.  It barely fit the 2 hour project limit, but I got it done. 
Dolls Crocheted Scarf Pattern:
Crochet hook #5
1.   Chain 7 stitches.  Turn.
2.   Skip 1 chain stitch.  Make 6 sc stitches. Chain 1.  Turn.
3.   Make 62 rows of sc stitches. 
4.   Finish off and lace end through stitches with a yarn needle. 
To make fringe
1.   Cut two strands of yarn, 3 long. 
2.   Put hook through the first stitch on one end of scarf.
3.   Catch the 2 strands of yarn in the middle.  Carefully pull part way through the stitch.
4.   Throw the 4 ends over the hook and pull them all the way through the loop.
5.   Grab the ends and gentle pull them tight. 
6.   Continue making fringe across the scarf.

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Keeper Quidditch Challenge
Project Name: A Beauxbaton shawl for Simone
Brief Description: I recently got a book titled The Mary Frances Knitting and Crocheting Book.  Its a book that tells the story of a little girl learning how to crochet and knit by making different pieces of clothing for her doll, while teaching knitting and crocheting with patterns for the same pieces of doll clothing that the little girl is making for HER doll.    I am making all the projects while I read the book, working up to knitting.  The second project in the book is a shawl.  If you think the scarf was monotonous, the shawl will melt your brain.  It is *extremely* repetitive.  The pattern was originally two colors, but I made it with one to stay on the Beauxbaton theme. 
Dolls Crocheted Shawl
Crochet hook #3
1.   Make 23 chain stitches.
2.   Skip 1 cs.  Make 22 sc stitches.  Chain 1 and turn.
3.   Make 58 rows.
4.   Finish off and lace end through stitches with a yarn needle. 
5.   Trim shawl with fringe in every other stitch.   

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Stooging Quidditch Challenge
Project Name: A Beauxbaton petticoat for Simone
Brief Description: I recently got a book titled The Mary Frances Knitting and Crocheting Book.  Its a book that tells the story of a little girl learning how to crochet and knit by making different pieces of clothing for her doll, while teaching knitting and crocheting with patterns for the same pieces of doll clothing that the little girl is making for HER doll.  Smiley  I am making all the projects while I read the book, working up to knitting.  The third project I did in the book is a crocheted petticoat.  Im not gonna lie, Ive *never* crocheted ANYTHING like this.  (And I'm not super impressed with this patter) But crochet *is* one of my go to craft powers.  Smiley 
Dolls Crocheted Petticoat
Crochet hook #3
1.   Make 48 chain stitches.
2.   Join the last stitch to the first cs with a slip stitch.
3.   Make 3 cs.
4.   Row #1 - Put 1 dc stitch into each cs.  Join the last stitch with the first stitch with a slip stitch. 
5.   Row #2 - Repeat row #1
6.   Row #3 - Same as Row #2 but increase by putting 2 dc in every 6th stitch.
7.   Row #4 Same as Row#3
8.   Row #5 Same as Row#3
9.   Row #6 Row #11 Same as Row #2.  No increasing.
10.    Row#12 Same as Row#3
11.   Trim bottom of petticoat with scallop trim
To Make Scallops
1.   Put 1 sc in the 1st dc made on the 12th row
2.   * Make 2 cs
3.   Put 3 dc in the same stitch where the sc went.
4.   Skip 2 dc in the 12th row and put 1 sc into the 3rd stitch. 
5.   Repeat *
Fasten at waist with runner.
1.   Cut a piece of yarn 3 yards long. 
2.   Fold in half and make a loop at end.
3.   Crochet a long chain of chain stitches. 
Lace runner through the top row of dc on petticoat. 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
netchez
« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2014 10:23:40 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Bean - casserole
SPEW: (If your item is for charity, enter that here; if not leave blank or add n/a.)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Everything but the Kitchen Sink Casserole
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: doing breakfast for six sometimes makes me feel like a short order cook, but this fills everyone up
Recipe:
   2 large baking potatoes
   1 link sausage (your choice of flavor)
   1 large onion
   12 eggs (from my own chickens)
   1/2 cup salsa
   Salt and pepper to taste
    Oil for frying
Instructions:
   1.  Wash, peel, and dice potatoes into 1/2" cubes
   2.  Heat oil in pan and add potatoes (since they take the longest to cook)
   3.  Cut sausage into pieces about same size as potatoes
   4.  Season the potatoes   
   5.  Add sausage to pan and stir to mix
   6.  Season again
   7.  Dice onion and add to pan
   8.  Beat potatoes and salsa to scramble stage, seasoning as you go
   9.  When onions are transparent, add egg mixture to pan
  10.  Cover, turn down heat and cook until eggs are done.
If you choose, you can put this mix in a 350 degree oven to cook, removing when eggs are done. 
Disclaimer:  The length of time you cook this in the oven is dependent on your stove.
 Picture:

Joy says the picture does not do justice to how amazing it smells (she started a diet yesterday) ... And I must admit it tasted good even tho this morning I could find no sausage to put in the pot ... Must buy sausage... X
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Toralune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2014 11:02:43 PM »

Yay, finally joining in!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
SPEW:
Project Name: Blue Stitch Markers
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434957.0#axzz39NfUiAMj
Brief Description: Finally getting started on my Christmas crafting with these! The future recipient loves blue, making them perfect to fit in with the requirements for the Alchemy challenge. I originally had plans to use some different beads for these, but after impulsively buying these pretty blue and yellow ones, I couldn't resist using them instead.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014 11:03:11 PM by Toralune » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: August 04, 2014 01:14:36 PM »

A new Detention Challenge has been posted!
Be sure to check the Detention in the Dungeons Post to see what it is....

Remember, you can do any, all, or none of the Detention Challenges as they come up each month.  The goal here is always to be excited about our crafting!  Also please remember that you can submit ANY of the Detention Challenges at ANY time during the semester.  For example, you may turn in the June or July challenges in August.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014 05:29:07 AM by Mistress Jennie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
J_Kieviet
« Reply #398 on: August 04, 2014 10:34:36 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: 9 Hawaiian outfits
Brief Description: My oldest niece - Miss G, just turned 8 Shocked and had a Hawaiian theme birthday party, so I created a simple "after swimming dress" for each of them (sadly, we've all been sick, and the day of her party was cold and rainy while we were camping, so they haven't been worn yet), they also each got a tank top and skorts - which again, too cold, so weren't worn on her actual b-day, but were perfect for the unplanned sleepover, and same story with the jammies - only got pics of the nightgown on Miss E,  Miss G and Miss M asked for shorts and tank tops instead, but changed before I got pics.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
Project Name: Chocolate cheesecake
Brief Description: Miss G asked for a chocolate cheesecake for her birthday so I whipped this up and decorated at camp (I forgot the pink icing, but the red outline was enough to make her happy!)

TUTORIAL for yummy cheesecake:
1) Use the recipe found here https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/106180/no-bake-chocolate-cheesecake-pie/detail.aspx - except make it in a spring form pan instead of a pie crust
2)Find a motif that you would like to put on the cake and print it off
3)When cake has set, either free hand the motif onto the cake if you feel confident, or cut out motif, lay it on cake, trace around it with a  toothpick, remove paper, and go over the lines with icing.
4)Embellish with sugar candies, sprinkles, pastilles, candles, and anything else you desire.
5)Enjoy!!!!

P.S - tastes super good frozen too:)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014 12:13:25 AM by J_Kieviet - Reason: repairing missing info, still need to go to phone and add photo of cheesecake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2014 10:04:49 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
Project Name: The Walking Dead
Brief Description: The human body is very interesting and in fiction its reanimation after death has created quite the genre. It was my sis-in-laws birthday and this is her favorite tv show.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride
Project Name: Let it Go
Brief Description: This shirt is also for the Sis-in-laws birthday. Its currently one of her favorite movies and she loves sports. And ravenclaw colors were a perfect match!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lemon Cheesecake Recipe for Easter
How To Make A Decadent and Healthy Dessert
How to Make Warm Coconut Rice Pudding
How to Make White Chocolate-Cherry Bark
Sugar-Roasted Plum Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...