A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 39974 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2014 08:29:41 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:
Anpanman ATC
Brief Description: A tried-and-true method for warding off evil is enlisting the help of a superhero.  Anpanman is one of the most popular TV characters for young children in Japan.  His face is on all manner of products.  Anpan is a kind of bread (pan) filled with slightly-sweet red bean paste (anko).  So, Anpanman is basically a superhero whose head is a pastry roll.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Fall/Character Ninni
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2014 04:34:50 PM »

Hope your special day is perfect, and your honeymoon is a repeat, Ant Bee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2014 05:43:38 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: BEAN: Dog Food
SPEW:n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Cookies

I have always wanted to make some home baked treats for my puppy, so I took this bean as the perfect opportunity. It was well worth the effort as my puppy loved them lots, I could tell that she liked them tons better than store bought biscuits. Pic then recipe:

Recipe:

1 cup of water
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons of honey
1 cup of peanut butter
2.5 cups of flour

Mix ingredients in a large mixing bowl until they form a stiff non sticky dough. Roll onto a floured surface and cut with desired cookie cutters. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. No need to chill the dough before rolling, and please allow cookies to cool before feeding them to your dog.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch: Portkey Challenge
SPEW: YES: This project was left at a cancer treatment center for someone to take home
Project Name: Random act of art for the cancer center

This is an 8x10 painting/collage on canvas that says "Where love and joy are planted they bloom." Placing a portkey at the cancer center made sense to us because we are there most of our time lately, we would hate to be late to the world cup because we had a doctors appointment and then had to find a portkey somewhere else.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2014 06:23:30 PM »

For starters I'd love to announce that I got the results of my most recent scans!  I have no new cancer growths.  So as of right now I don't have any tumors or lesions visible.  My doctor wants to do radiation next so that I can increase my chances of not having a re-occurrence.  I am enjoying the next couple of weeks without chemo!

Well done AcadianDriftwood! Well done! Your OWL is simply amazing!  And I am so glad to see your participation in the extra credits in BOTH Divination and Care of Magical Creatures!  Lovely. Lovely work!

Vincentvanbuck: Your ATC is so adorable.  I had no idea that that was a children's superhero in Japan.  He is so cute!

Challenge: Bean---Dog Food
SPEW: NA
Project Name: Crocheted Kitty Toys
Project Description: This is the first time that I have attempted working in a sphere shape! I am happy with the results.  I stuffed them with polyfil and catnip.  So the cats love em!

Class: DADA
SPEW: NA
Project Name: Drawstring Shell Gathering Bag
Project Description: Since I made the last bag for myself I had someone ask me for a pattern.  So I sat down and figured out what I did for the last bag and tried to repeat it.  I got close.  I think that some of the differences have to do with the yarn I chose.  So I have a pattern for this bag.

I used a H hook and worsted weight yarn.
Round 1: Chain 3.  10 Single Crochet (sc) in 3rd chain from hook. Join with Slip Stitch (Sl St) in 1st sc.
Round 2: Chain 1. 2 sc in each sc. Join with sl st in 1st sc.
Round 3: Chain 1. 2sc in 1st sc. 1 sc in 2nd sc. *2 sc in next sc and 1 sc in next sc. Repeat from * until round is complete. Join with sl st.
Round 4: Chain 1. 2sc in 1st sc. 1 sc in next 2 sc.  * 2 sc in next sc and 1 sc in next 2 sc. Repeat from * until round is complete. Join with sl st.
Round 5: Chain 1. 2sc in 1st sc. 1 sc in next 3 sc. *2 sc in next sc and then 1 sc in next 3 sc. Repeat from * until round is complete. Join with sl st.
Round 6: Chain 1. 2 sc in 1st sc. 1 sc in next 4sc. *2sc in next sc and 1 sc in next 4 sc. Repeat from * until round is complete. Join with sl st.
Round 7: Chain 1. 2sc in 1st sc. 1 sc in next 5 sc. *2 sc in next sc and 1 sc in next 5 sc. Repeat from * until round is complete. Join with sl st.
Round 8: Chain 1. 2 sc in 1st sc. 1 sc in next 6 sc. *2sc in next sc and 1 sc in next 6 sc. Repeat from * until round is complete. Join with sl st.
Round 9: Chain 1. 2 sc in 1st sc. 1 sc in next 7 sc. * 2sc in next sc and 1 sc in next 7 sc. Repeat from * until round is complete. Join with sl st.
Round 10: Chain 1. 2sc in 1st sc. 1 sc in next 8 sc. *2 sc in next sc and 1 sc in next 8 sc. Repeat from * until round is complete. Join with sl st.
Round 11: Chain 1. 1 sc in each sc in last round.  Join with sl st in 1 sc.
Round 12-21: Chain 1. 1 sc in each sc in previous round. Join with sl st in 1 sc.  (I changed colors here)
Round 22: Chain 2. 1 Double Crochet (dc) in 2nd sc from previous round. 1 dc in each sc until round is complete. Join w/ sl st
in top of chain.
Round 23-33: Chain 2. Skip 1st dc. 1 dc in each dc of previous round until round is complete. Join with sl st in top of chain of current round. (I changed colors after round 24 and again at round 30.)
Round 34: Chain 2. 1 dc in next 2 dc. *Chain 2. Skip 2 dc and then 1 dc in 3rd dc from last dc.  Repeat from * until round is complete. Join last chain 2 with a sl st in top of chain from start of round.
Round 35: Chain 1. 1 sc in each dc from previous round. Join with sl st.
Round 36: Chain 1.  (making scallop edge) Skip first 2 sc. 5 dc in 3rd sc from chain. Skip 2 sc.  Sl st in third sc from bunch of 5 dc. *Skip 2 sc. 5 dc in 3rd sc from sl st. Skip 2 sc. Sl st in 3rd sc from 5 dc bunch. Repeat from * until round is almost complete.  At end of round you will have 3 sc left after your last sl st.  Skip 1 sc. 3 dc in 2nd sc from last sl st. Skip last sc in round and sl st into beginning chain. Tie off.

Drawstring: Using a knitting dollie (use instructions that come with it) I made a chain that was large enough to put the bag over my shoulder when closed.  About 18inches.  Weave the finished rope through the holes made during Round 34. Weave the ends of the rope together to finish off your drawstring. 

Weave in any ends.

okay....if anyone has any problems or can help change wording to make more sense let me know!  This is my first time to write out a pattern EVER!  I'm curious as to whether this is followable or not.... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2014 06:41:34 PM »

Class: Charms
SPEW: Cancer Center Hat Room
Project Name: Pink and Brown Striped Floppy Hat
Project Description:I made another floppy summer hat to give to the cancer centers hat and wig room at the hospital that I go to for treatment.  The first one I made was snatched up only two days after I left it.  I'm glad to be able to say thank you to the cancer center and all the patients and professionals that have helped me this year by paying forward the favor.  So every hat is just a little thank you...and a little bit of a please too..."please feel better and more comfortable"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
netchez
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2014 06:42:39 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Bean - dog food
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Molly's toy
Project Page Link (if available): lionbrand.com Pattern #80063AD
Brief Description: Molly and Lollypop are two cats who are visiting me with their folks.  They wanted to play with the yarn I was using to crochet with, so I made them a door hanging toy. Molly played with it.  I don't care for the colors but the cats seem to love them.  I added two exrtra hanging pieces to give them a little extra grabby things.
Photo:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #306 on: July 12, 2014 07:12:55 PM »

Thank you, ErinAquaheart! And congratulations on your scan results, that is wonderful!  Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
stillatthetop
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2014 10:06:11 PM »

Cats can see color. But confuse red. Very interesting cat toy. I hope your door survives  Grin

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Naantje
« Reply #308 on: July 13, 2014 02:23:01 AM »

Okay, I'm not sure if this will be accepted, but since I figure it might be useful for many, I'm going to go ahead and post anyway. Headmistresses, I will leave it up to you to decide on credit.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Defense against the dark arts
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Get rid of greasy residue with less effort
Brief Description:
Yesterday was our cleaning day, and I took care of the greasy stuff: the filters of our extractor fan were terribly greasy and grimy, and the deep fryer needed a clean and a change of oil. These are two dreaded chores, because usually regular dish soap doesn't cut it, I need special degreasing spray, and that sometimes causes migraines. I set to work on the deep fryer first (no pictures of that!), but there was some congealed fat on the outside casing that didn't want to come off, degreasing spray and scrubbing or not. Somehow, I remembered the oil cleansing method, which is actually a skin care regime that works on the principle that oil dissolves grease. Boy, am I glad that I made this mental link, because it saved me a lot of time yesterday! Picture is the before and after of the extractor hood filters.

You will need:
- stuff that's covered in greasy residue
- vegetable oil (doesn't really matter what kind of oil really, use the cheapest you have/can get)
- two sponges (with a scouring pad for really though grease)
- paper towels (you could use dish rags, but I fear they won't get clean again in the laundry)
- dish soap
- hot water on tap

How to:
- Pour some veggie oil on one of the sponges (it should feel nearly soaked), and use it to rub/scrub the greasy item. You should notice the grease dissolving. Wipe up with the back of the sponge. If it's really dirty, you might need to pour some more oil over the sponge, knead and and squeeze the grime out, and go back for seconds.
- Use some paper towels to wipe away most of the oil.
- Apply dish soap directly onto your second sponge. Wet it (with hot water) and scrub the item down. This should remove the rest of your cleaning oil and any lingering dirt.
- Rinse with very hot water. If necessary, go back in with the soap, but for most items, this should not be necessary.
- Allow to dry (either air dry / towel dry).

This worked like a charm for the deep fryer, and is the best method I've found so far for the filters of the extractor hood. With the filters, you do need to go through the entire process several times, because your sponge can't really reach the inside. You have to use really piping hot water, so that the grease build-up on the inside melts and comes to the surface (Same as usual) and then use the oily sponge to wipe away this extra, sticky crud. So yeah, it's still pretty much work, but it went a lot quicker, with less elbow grease (ha!) and most importantly: without migraine inducing products! Smiley

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: July 13, 2014 05:09:08 AM »

Quick run-by posting!

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Dog Food
Project Name: Teacup Bird Feeder
Brief Description: The inspiration came from this tutorial on My So Called Crafty Life: DIY Teacup Bird Feeder.  I picked up the teacup and saucer from Goodwill for $1, and all the other supplies came out of my stash, including the chain, oversized clasp, decorative clasps that I used in place of bails, charms and beads.  (More details on the project post!)

Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Is There Fashion in Baseball?
Make Your Own Tank Top
Hot Summer Fashion Trends
Trends We Learned From the Tribeca Film Festival
VMA Wrap-Up Best and Worst Dressed
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...