A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 19710 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #290 on: July 09, 2014 06:28:01 PM »

Care Of Magical Creatures: July Extra Credit
  The Snidget is perfectly round. This months extra credit is to create something that reflects the spherical nature of this amazing little bird.

Divination: July Extra Credit
  Mistletoe is believed to, when tied to a bed's headboard, to inspire beautiful dreams.  What are your beautiful dreams? Create something that reflects your beautiful dream.

*Remember that I will choose two students from each class that have participated in at least one extra credit (in that class) to receive a random box of crafting goodies. You can complete the extra credit at anytime during the semester even if the month it was posted is over.  Good crafting*

THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: July 09, 2014 06:34:36 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Soft Pretzels to munch on the trail.

These homemade soft pretzels make a hearty snack to satisfy grumbles in the tummy from an afternoon of nature walking.

Pics, then recipe:

This recipe is actually pretty easy. I'm always afraid I'm am going to mess up the yeast when I make any kind of homemade bread, but this recipe was pretty fool proof. There is no taking any temperatures or waiting for the dough to rise, its all pretty much mix and bake.

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1 packet of active yeast (2 and 1/4 teaspoons)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
3 and 3/4 to 4 and 1/4 cups of all purpose flour (optionally you can put half whole wheat flour which will increase the fiber content and make them heavier, I went with all all purpose white flour)
9 cups of water brought to a boil
3/4 cup baking soda
1 beaten egg
coarse salt

Place lukewarm water and yeast into a large mixing bowl ad stir until yeast is dissolved and liquid is a milky color. Add salt and sugar.

Begin adding the flour one cup at a time until mixture has thickened into a uniform dough, add flour until dough can be kneaded by hand with minimum stickiness.

preheat oven to 425

Boil 9 cups of water in a pot and add baking soda Stir until baking soda is completely dissolved.

Divide dough into several small balls 6 to 8 of them and roll each ball into a long rope in order to twist pretzels into desired shape. Once pretzel is in the shape you want carefully drop it into the boiling baking soda solution for 30 seconds. This is crucial if you want your pretzels to have the nice brown crust and pretzel texture. Shake off any extra water and place them on a greased baking sheet.

Once all pretzels are boiled and placed on the baking sheet give them an egg wash and sprinkle the coarse salt on the wet egg coating.

Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes until golden brown (time will vary based on how big you made your pretzels)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Chinese Dragon Drawing

This project fits the assignment because my mother always taught me the value of preserving diverse cultures in the world. So I have always had a love of exploring new places and different ways of life.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
Project Name: Fever Fudge

Even though Fred and George Weasley are Gryffindor's nothing brought all four houses together more like their skiving snack boxes at exam time. So in the spirit of house cooperation I made some fever fudge. The weasely's never make anything boring so I made sure to make it look very colorful and magical.

This fudge is as simple as can be! It's 24 oz. or three cups of chocolate ships, one 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and whatever sprinkles or candies you want to add to the top. Combine all of the ingredients accept toppings in a saucepan and heat on low until mixture is melted and uniform. Transfer soft fudge into greased square pan and sprinkle and press in toppings on the top of fudge. Cool in the refrigerator until hard. Cut and serve. You can store it on the counter once it initially hardens.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: Stop and Smell The Cupcakes Drawing

This whimsical drawing is an idea for another piece of art but it makes a nice project on its own, it fits the potions assignment because the cupcake on this plant are clearly growing in a group of three.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014 06:45:47 PM by TechnicolorAquahearts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2014 07:49:33 PM »

Everyone is doing great things! I am so pressed for time these days and have done little crafting. Sad

I do have one project nearly done... I get married in ten days and I hope to finish it before hand. Fingers crossed! Then, after the honeymoon all those brain cells which have been tied up in the organizing and planning will be mine to craft with again! I can't wait!

(Also... Be jealous... The honeymoon is 5 days in Universal and 5 in Disney ... Diagonal alley, here I come!)

I do look through the board tho and am really impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: July 10, 2014 04:40:09 AM »

Have a wonderful wedding Ant Bee!!!!!  We'll be thinking of you.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #294 on: July 10, 2014 06:07:16 AM »

Have a wonderful day antbee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #295 on: July 10, 2014 06:11:30 AM »

Congratulations antbee, have a wonderful day!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #296 on: July 10, 2014 11:25:56 AM »

Class: Apparition
Extra Credit: June CoMC (my fresh garden produce is highly prized!)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: BBQ Pizza
Brief Description: Think of how terrible it would be to splinch away your stomach! To help me concentrate on proper Apparition, I made this to fill up my stomach, which I hope will help keep it with me. For those who have never tried making pizza with barbecue sauce instead of tomato sauce, omg try it it's amazing.

Ingredients:
Half a ball of frozen pizza dough
Barbecue sauce
Fresh mozzarella
Grated cheddar cheese
Fresh or frozen corn
Zucchini
Red onion
Fresh kale

Stretch out your thawed dough as thin as you can get it into a vaguely pizza-like shape, and lay it on a floured cookie sheet. Spread out a good layer of barbecue sauce right up to the edges. Layer on sliced mozzarella, grated cheddar cheese, thinly sliced zucchini, and thinly sliced red onion. Sprinkle on some corn kernels and torn kale leaves. Bake according to your pizza dough instructions (about 15 minutes at 375 for mine). DEVOUR.

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Hufflypuffly
Project Name: Crow galaxy shirt
Brief Description: I admit I considered bringing a crow to Hogwarts instead of my cat, but I don't know how well she would have gotten along with all the owls! I used a stencil, bleach, and fabric paint to reflect the mysticism of a crow.

Class: Potions
House: Huff to the Puff
Project Name: Preserving strawberries 3 ways
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434479.0 (recipe links in this post)
Brief Description: Inspired by the number 3, I brewed up some yummy strawberry potions.

Challenge: Quidditch World Cup - July Challenge
Extra Credit: June Divination (my garden is my soothing place)
House: Hufflin'
Project Name: Boot portkey planters
Brief Description: I went for the traditional boot portkey, but I couldn't bear to just have an old boot laying around my yard. So I turned a pair of my old work shoes into planters, so they can serve a purpose until I need to take one of them to the World Cup.

Class: Transfiguration
House: Pufflehuff
Project Name: Felt mushroom magnets
Brief Description: I think I still need to work on Gemino - my second mushroom was a bit smaller than my first. But considering in practice I couldn't even get them the same color, I think it's pretty good!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #297 on: July 10, 2014 11:36:46 AM »

Hello! I'm proposing this OWL privately, as it will be for a swap. I'm one day shy of three weeks 'til I have to send it out, so I hope it qualifies!

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): Care of Magical Creatures - Option 1
Project Name: Forest animals mini art quilt
Brief Description: I will be representing some of my partner's favorite woodland creatures (moths) in the form of a mini art quilt. This will be my first MAQ, so I'll be going pretty slowly!

Expected timeline:

week 1: design sketches and materials gathering, preliminary sewing
week 2: lots of sewing and embelishing
week 3: backing, binding, finishing touches

materials will include fabric, thread, paint, buttons/beads, and natural objects (bark, etc.)

~*COMPLETED OWL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option: Care of Magical Creatures - Option 1
Project Name: Forest moth MAQ
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434495.0
Brief Description: My partner in the Enchanted Forest swap finds moths magical, and I agree! I made this mini art quilt to capture some of that essence.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
WhistleFish
« Reply #298 on: July 10, 2014 01:48:15 PM »

Arcadian Driftwood: You moth art quilt is amazing!! I love everything about it...especially the fabrics you picked out for the background!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #299 on: July 10, 2014 03:57:41 PM »

Awesome stuff arcadian driftwood :-) especially a ran of the boot planters and the mushrooms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lawrence Nield on the Impact of Skyscrapers
A Guide to Henna Body Art
A Guide to Mehndi Henna Designs
Scott Dadich on the Law of Optical Volumes
Swiss Design: Built to Last
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...