A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~ *JOIN ANYTIME*  (Read 41983 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2014 12:00:35 PM »

Hey all! I just wanted to pop in and say that everything looks fantastic. I just got back from vacation and am quite exhausted. I'll do my best to get the Slytherin Common Room and the Astronomy Tower updated this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2014 03:42:36 PM »

OK - Changed it to Arithmancy.  But that does raise the question of whether any later quidditch challenges are going to be dependent on having chosen a team to support for the world cup.

No.  As stated a few days ago, participating in the Quidditch World Cup Challenges are not dependent on the June Choose Your Champion Challenge, or the July Portkey Challenge.  See the quoted text below.   Wink

Mistress Jennie - can we still take part in the Quidditch World Cup even if we didn't manage June?

You may still participate in the Quidditch World Cup, even if you do not do the June Choose Your Champions Challenge, or the upcoming July challenge, which will be announced tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Naantje
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2014 03:51:11 PM »

Warning: project dump ahead! And I'm feeling like a winner today, one of my projects made it to featured project (so honoured!) and my teeny tiny country won from the huge, giant USA in the FIFA world cup.  Grin

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Quick-release emergency paracord bracelet for me
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434306
Brief Description:
My husband an I are leaving for a hiking holiday soon (hurray!) and I'm preparing a lightweight survival kit, just in case. I made each of us a quick release paracord bracelet using this tutorial. Because having the rope around your arm is a whole lot more practical than toting around a few feet of loose rope! I hope we won't need to unravel and use them. I made this blue one for myself.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Quick-release emergency paracord bracelet for my husband
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434306
Brief Description:
Just like the blue band above, this white band was made especially for our upcoming hiking holiday. Multi-purpose in case of emergencies along the road. Tie a splint, fix a backpack strap, help each other up a steep hill, ... I's 3 meters or ~10 feet of paracord. Again, I hope we won't need it, but best to be prepared!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Blossoming tree of life
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434308
Brief Description:
One of the things I have definitely learned from my elders is that in our family, we care for our own, especially when times are though. My cousin's daughter is going through a rough patch right now, I strongly suspect that she might be clinically depressed. Her relationship with both of her parents is pretty much screwed up, and she doesn't feel very comfortable in the home of her boyfriend's family. I really wanted her to know that she is not alone, that she is still loved, and that depression is a lying [insert your favourite insult here]. (4cm diameter)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride - Slytherin
Project Name: Wire wrapped leaf pendant
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=434309
Brief Description:
Made as a surprise for a friend (I still need to give it to her, as she's currently on holiday) because I noticed a similar design on her pinterest page. I didn't have the same colour wire nor the pearly beads, so I went for a nice Slytherin colour scheme of green and silver. (Also, you're probably seeing it a lot bigger than it really is. It's 3,5cm, not including the pendant bale.)
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014 03:56:44 PM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2014 11:48:03 AM »

I am so in love with the idea of the cranes being dinosaurs! awesome Smiley I think I'll have to learn to fold them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Inselaeffchen
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2014 02:16:27 PM »

I know... I know ... it's another OWL put on hold from me ... but I promise, both the Doctor Who scarf and the Quillows will make an appearance as future OWLs or even NEWTs.

Soooo ... fresh start for summer for me - given it's like an online class, I think it will make me do this one (and I have friends at my monthly craft group who will do it, too, so there's some peer pressure!!)

OWL Subject & Option(if available):Charms (Confundus)
House:Slytherin
Project Name:A Crochet "Stitch-Cation"
Brief Description: I've come across the link for The Crochet Crowd's "Stitch-Cation" - while I manage the easier stitches in crochet I really would like to learn all those other stitches (moss stitch, bobble stitch etc). The Stitch Cation is set for 8 weeks, with 2 squares of same stitches in a week. Given I still class myself as a beginner in crochet, this will stretch my ability quite a bit. Cheesy
 And I hope I have something to show at the end of Stitch Cation.

Timing wise it probably would even classify as a NEWT, but as I don't have a finished OWL yet, and I want to do it NOW, I'll just go ahead with that. Wink

Apologies again to the Headmistress and Deputy Headmistress for another change in my OWL subject ...  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2014 02:22:44 PM »

Just caught up on 10 pages worth of projects! Everyone's doing amazing work this term. I will have some projects to post in the next few days, including an OWL! And my NEWT garden is going great, just have a little more space to fill and I can call it done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2014 02:43:37 PM »

The blossoming tree of life is especially pretty, Naantje!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:
Halloween Mini-Altered Tin
Brief Description: I made this for rackycoo in the Mini Altered Tin Swap last month.  It makes use of 9 materials: 1) the tin itself 2) scrapbooking papers (the purple solid and the orange/white harlequin) 3) the cloth "BOO" bunting 4) the paper "RIP" stickers 5) the metal skull charms inside the tin 6) the clear pearlescent beads inside the tin 7) the wooden spools on the bottom 8.) the skull fabric wrapped around the spools 9) the plastic skull cameo sticker on back.

This piece was rather outside of my wheelhouse for several reasons.  Besides the fact that it was my very first attempt at altering a tin (and a mini one, no less!), I hardly ever make use of scrapbooking/papercrafting supplies and ephemera.  Thus, it was great fun to go supply shopping in the sections I usually don't look through at the craft store!  Overall I was extremely pleased with this piece, particularly since it is so very different from anything I've ever made before.  Grin

Project Picture:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014 02:46:44 PM by vincentvanbuck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)
  • November ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
gaudiknight
« Reply #257 on: July 03, 2014 09:21:33 AM »

There have been so many awesome projects lately I can't keep up with them all!

Vincentvanbuck - Your little box makes me wish October would come sooner.

Naanje - I love the paracord bracelets.  And the leaf pendant is great!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention in the Dungeon
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Cake!
Brief Description: Celebrations are hard in the summer when it is too hot for regular cake and icing.  Thankfully there's Angel-Food Cake (which I'm convinced is some kind of strange muggle magic) to refresh ourselves, fulfill our cravings for cake, and to complement whatever berries we managed to pick from near the lake (which something I imagine people do at lakes - I don't really do vacations near water).

177 Square by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2014 10:34:04 AM »

I respectfully request that my NEWT proposal from March ( Roll Eyes) be...postponed.  I still intend to do it but have been so busy with other things and now have a new NEWT that I wish to do!

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Care of Magical Creatures
House:  Gryffindor!!
Project Name:  Release the Kraken!
Brief Description: The octopus is a particularly fascinating animal to me and lots of other people, Muggle and magic alike.  It's bizarrely intelligent, capable, and versatile.  I also find them kind of creepy but I bet lots of arachnophobic people feel that way, right?  Wink  So as I've been reflecting on different marine life for all my paintings, I keep coming back to the octopus but had not yet decided what I wanted to do with it.  But the amazing octopus, with its incredible talents deserves an impressive display.  Go big or go home, right?  So I am doing an oil painting of an octopus that will be composed of 6-8 different canvases.  I'm using a 16x20 canvas, a 14x11 canvas, an 8x8 canvas, and then extra 4x4 canvases as needed to fill it out.  It will take approximately forever.

My thanks and apologies for the change in plans  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2014 11:47:47 AM »

Vincentvanbuck - Your little box makes me wish October would come sooner.

I know, right? (Well, as I say that -- I remember that I'm a teacher, so actually I'm quite glad it's July and I'm on summer break for weeks.  Wink  However, I am totally ready to get Halloween crafting completely underway.  I'm participating in the Mini 13 Days of Halloween swap for the first time, so I will be in trick-or-treat mode for weeks!)

rockmygypsysoul - like all of your Advanced Studies proposals, that sounds awesome.  I saw a multi-canvas work on Pinterest that sounds very similar to what you're describing -- I have a feeling this is going to be a fantastic masterpiece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Yet Another TM Patch Swap R. 3
  • Christmas Stocking Swap R. 10
  • October ATC (organizer)
  • November ATC (organizer)

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Roulette
The Amazing Cash Cube
Sports Betting Advice
The 3 in a Row Color Roulette Bet
The Jaws Slot Machine
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...