A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~  (Read 63829 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2014 01:56:11 PM »

Not going to manage the Quidditch challenge for June ... just no time for crafting really until tomorrow. Mistress Jennie - can we still take part in the Quidditch World Cup even if we didn't manage June? Or does it stand throughout the semester to do them?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2014 02:20:27 PM »

Mistress Jennie - can we still take part in the Quidditch World Cup even if we didn't manage June?

You may still participate in the Quidditch World Cup, even if you do not do the June Choose Your Champions Challenge, or the upcoming July challenge, which will be announced tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2014 04:09:35 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
SPEW:
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Clothes for Clara (first three pieces)
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: In the potions description, it states that we can create something inspired by the number 3.  I was planning on making clothes for Clara, my new doll. The first three pieces I made were a poke bonnet, shirt and skirt, all inspired by those three pieces Clara wore in Lonesome Dove.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - June
SPEW:
Project Name: Cheer for Team USA
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: To cheer on Team USA, I made Clara a scarf showing our team colors.  It has red and white stripes with the blue field at one end.  The crochet was all done in hdc.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2014 06:37:07 PM »

Love your sewing basket revamp, netchez!

Everyone needs a bejeweled pineapple. It rocks!

Super cute mini Narnia cabinet, midkiffsjoy.

I'm hoping my summer slows down a bit so I can concentrate on my studies and comment on everyone's projects here. There's always a ton of sirius-ly great things being shared (and I miss hanging out!)

Decided to bite the bullet and tackle a project I've longed to do, but never had the courage to go through with it. Ron Weasley's knitted blanket. Eeee! Even saying it is kinda frightening. The ENTIRE thing is garter stitch, which takes eleventy thousand rows before a single square is complete. Is there such a thing as a Double N.E.W.T.? Or N.E.W.T. extreme?

~*NEWT PROPOSAL HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Arithmancy
Project Name: Ron Weasley's Knit Blanket or I Must Love You, Kid
Brief Description: Hmmm, ten squares in a row by eight columns, that's eighty 7x7 squares...4 squares a week....that's, um, a long freaking time...plus weaving in ends, sewing together, making border...oof. I'm going to forget about all that and keep in mind that it will eventually be the best surprise ever for my college kid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2014 07:18:41 PM »

Challenge: Quidditch World Cup--June: Choose your Champion
SPEW: NA
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Sushi Rice and Edamame--- GO JAPAN!!!
Project Description: I decided to have a simple but very traditional Japanese lunch.  I whipped up some sushi rice and some sauteed edamame!
Ingredients:
 Sushi Rice 1 1/2 cups (made according to rice cooker directions)
 Rice Vinegar 2 Tbsp
 Edamame (shelled--about 3cups)
 Dash of Salt
 Hibachi Seasoning (to taste)
 Sesame Oil 2Tbsp
 Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Tbsp

Rinse Sushi rice until water runs clear, about ten minutes (but that's just me!). Then cook rice according to directions. My rice cooker has 1 1/2 cup rice to 2 cups water.  Once rice is done gently fold in the rice vinegar, trying to crush as little of the rice grains as possible.  This will help keep the rice a good texture. Place rice in fridge to chill.  Heat oil and apple cider vinegar in a skillet and add edamame (I used frozen and thawed but I'm sure fresh would work as well) and coat beans in the oil mixture.  Add your seasoning and salt and sautee until piping hot.  I had a bought hibachi grill seasoning blend...  I am sure that a mixture of sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic would make an excellent substitute.  I served the rice chilled with the hot edamame.  I prefer my sushi rice cold.  Enjoy!

*note: I have a rice seasoning topper that I got at DisneyWorld...I have no idea what is in it (except nori) but it's yummy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2014 07:49:36 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch World Cup June Choose Your Champions Challenge
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Brigadeiros A Traditional Brazilian Candy

For my champion I chose Brazil, the culture of Brazil is so rich and vibrant I couldn't resist. In my research of the culture I came across several amazing recipes, but this one stuck out as super fun. They are sticky bonbon like balls that are sort of like really soft chocolate caramels. As I searched for more information I found out that there are confectioners that make them in all sorts of other flavors too, which I want to try making. I started with chocolate since that was the most prevalent recipe I found. They are made from just four ingredients: butter, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, and a coating of your choice to roll them in so they keep their shape and are easily handled (I chose sprinkles). The coating that you roll the balls in is a fun part of serving and making brigadeiros. It can be anything from your favorite cereal, honeycomb candy, nuts, or traditional sprinkles and many times people who make it will serve it in it's pre pieced puddle form with a variety of toppings so their guests can tear off a piece and roll their own with the topping of choice. I'll post the recipe after the photo:

Here's how you make them:

Combine 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a saucepan. Heat on low stirring continuously until mixture thickens significantly.

Now the above statement was all the information I got but I have a few pointers of my own after I made them myself:

It takes A WHILE for the mix to thicken enough. You want it to be thick enough to hold channels that you make with your spoon before you stop cooking it.

When you transfer the candy from the pan pour it on a bed of powdered sugar on a plate this makes it so much easier to handle when it comes time to roll it into balls.

You want to cool the mixture in the fridge for at least an hour until is completely cooled, and stiffened as much as possible. It's normal for it to be very sticky, and a little soft, but you should be able to roll it into a ball, even if the ball relaxes after you put it down, mine resemble little patties after they have been sitting and from what I can tell that's to be expected from this candy.

Grease you hands! I coated my hands with butter, not only did it make it a snap to roll it into balls it made the sprinkles stick better.

Be ready to test your will power because these little gobs of sticky goodness are addicting!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
Project Name: Spicy Black Bean Empanadas

For this Geminio challenge I made some spicy Black Bean Empanadas as a Latin dinner to go with my Latin candy. It fits the assignment because I made six of them, two are pictured. I garnished it with a cucumber, tomato, and cilantro salad.

Pic then recipe:

Recipe:

2 uncooked pie crusts from the store
1 can of black beans
1can of white meat chicken
shredded mexican blend cheese
Jamaican Jerk seasoning, or taco seasoning, or a mixture of chili powder garlic and lime,
Cooking oil

Combine Beans, chicken, and selected seasoning strategy in a bowl making sure to drain cans of extra fluid. mix it up in a way that smashes some of the beans because that will give it a great texture and the filling will hold together more during the frying process.

Cut the pie crusts into desired number of pieces and place a sprinkle of cheese and a spoon full of bean chicken mixture on one half of each piece taking care not to over fill them. Fold over the empty half of the dough and fold over the sides squishing them closed and crimp them with a fork.

Fill a large frying pan with cooking oil and heat on high, when oil is hot carefully place empanadas in the oil and watch the sides. When the sides become golden brown carefully turn each empanada. Remove from oil when they are crispy and brown and pat off with paper towels, Serve with sour cream garnished with chili powder.

Alternatively you can bake these following the instructions for temperature on the package of pie crust.

A few notes from my experience: The work better relatively small, they are easier to fry that way and they are pretty rich too. The frying method makes them extra decadent but I am sure they would be wonderful baked as well. I am sure there are other doughs to use out there we just were in a hurry so we used a ready made option.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
AnnoyingBigSister

EEVEE FOREVER!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2014 08:50:32 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch World Cup June Choose Your Champions Challenge
House: Huffelpuff
Project Name: Eeveelutions I won't lose! AMV(Anime Music Video)
Project Page Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_vBiEAOvr8 
Brief Description: I am supporting Team Japan. So I made this Pokemon AMV staring the Eevee Evolutions (who originated in Japan) to May's theme, being sung in Japanese! You have to follow the link to watch it. I hope you enjoy this tribute to both Eevee and Japan! GO Japan GO!! Grin
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014 08:53:15 PM by AnnoyingBigSister » THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2014 09:30:35 PM »

House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Cheer clothes for Simone
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.pinterest.com/pin/216454325814484695/            http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-Bleuette-Pattern-Mondays-Child-Wardrobe-7-Outfits-/251558099234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9207f922                                 http://www.pinterest.com/pin/216454325814570302/
Brief Description: I have chosen the United States team to cheer on!!! Cheesy  With that in mind, and the fact that folks down in Texas tend to take their team spirit *VERY* seriously, it was a simple decision that Simone NEEDED cheer clothes!!! Cheesy  The inspiration for the blue and white top came from a Blythe outfit I saw on Pinterest, link #1.  I did not use a pattern.  I just *winged it*.  I once made a shirt just like it for AnnoyingBigSister, when she was little.  Smiley  For the red and white bloomers I used the bloomers pattern from Wednesdays Girl, link #2.  The blue sparkle shoes I made of glittery blue felt using a tutorial I found on Pinterest, link #3.  GO USA GO!!!! Cheesy
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2014 09:39:36 PM »

FiberAlchemist I LOVE your pattern weights!!!  I need to make myself some of those.  Yours are just the cutest Ive ever seen.  Thank you Inselaeffchen.& Pottermouth. Smiley  The cabinet was nerve wracking to make, but Im happy with it. Smiley  lol.  To everyone who asked, YES!!!!  Rat puck is SO much fun!!!!  Imagine golf, only with a rat with a bell on its tail. Rofl  Cheesy  AnnoyingBigSister- I love your AMV.  Smiley  It's amazing what you do.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2014 03:31:04 AM »

Class: Divination
Project Name: Fairy Hill
Brief Description: This was created for Killam Creative in the Altered Spool Swap that's going on...

pottermouth, it seems you have already completed a Divination project earlier this semester.  (Tiny owl I think?)  Since you can only earn House Points for a class once, please check your posts, and adjust.  Then let me know what adjustmsents you have made so you can receive points.  (Right now you have no points for the new Spool.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 4/8
How to Crochet a Raised Ridge Chevron Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 2/8
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...