A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~  (Read 80432 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2014 02:26:45 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Painful Uterus
Brief Description:
When I was a teenager, I used to have very painful cramps on my period and I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts. I got treated with birth control and the pain greatly subsided and the cysts disappeared. Two years ago, I had to go off hormonal birth control because I got a deep venous thrombosis, and I've been experiencing more cramps "au naturel". Every crampy period, I get scared that the cysts have returned (it's been checked out a couple of times and was clear each time) and it just annoys me to no end. Last week, I was in so much pain that I started crying while taking the laundry down from the clothes line and had to stop. I've been really angry with my uterus, so I made her portrait and demanded that she answer me. I'm so fed up with cramps and worries!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: BB - Pink Grapefruit
SPEW: n/a
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Spruced up sweaters
Brief Description:
For the pink grapefruit bean, we needed to freshen something up. Well, I had two sweaters lying about that needed some freshening up! The green one had hems that kept rolling up, and it just didn't look that nice. I fixed that with some double sided iron-on hemming tape and now the hems stay flat. The blue one is a wrapping sweater I adore, but the ties had really worn out, starting to unravel in places. I unfastened them with a seam ripper, and hand-stitched on a sturdy, decorative blue ribbon. I also finished off the ribbon ends by hand. Greatly extending the wardrobe life of these two pieces Smiley Especially happy about fixing up the blue sweater!
Project Picture:

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2014 04:16:57 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean - Grapefruit
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Four Frocks
Brief Description: I found four little doll dresses I had knit up two years ago but never blocked and seamed.  They were such nice citrus-y colors (mostly - there's one grape masquerading as a grapefruit) that I knew I had to get them done for this summer.  It is quite refreshing to have some long neglected WIPs out of the work-basket.

Four Frocks by AluminumDryad, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014 11:35:13 AM by gaudiknight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2014 04:59:23 PM »

Class/Challenge:  Bertie Bott's bean -- pink grapefruit
House Pride: RavenclHouse Pride
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: My updated sewing basket
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: I had and old basket that I had been using as my sewing basket, but needles and pins kept falling out, erc.  My dg (annoying baby sister) colored on the lid and it looked absolutely awful.  So I spray painted the lid Ravenclaw blue and put a liner inside.  It looks so much better now.  It really perks me up!
Project Picture:

« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2014 05:54:42 PM »

For the dog food bean, will it count if I make some toys to donate to the animal shelter?

Knitted Gifts in 2014: 17
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2014 06:10:59 PM »

ErinAquaheart - The colors on your giraffe are absolutely gorgeous!  I think this is one of my favorite pieces of yours I've seen.  And of course, those Sailor Moon cards are great too.

I am super excited about the new Sailor Moon that is coming out this next week!!!!! I am trying to figure out how I will manage watch it when it streams!

And psstt... if you figure out the streaming situation, PM a fellow moonie and let me in on the secret, okay?  Wink

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
    « Reply #225 on: June 29, 2014 07:07:08 PM »

Love all the last minute Bertie Bott's Bean submission - here's mine!  Cheesy

Class/Challenge:  Bertie Bott's Bean - Pink Grapefruit
    House: Gryffindor!!
    Project Name: Hospitality on Crack
    Project Page Link (if available): none
    Brief Description: I am embarrassed to admit that I bought this wood pineapple plaque thing at our local Salvation Army Family store sometime back when I worked there as a grant writer (so a minimum of FOUR years ago!) and it's just been sitting, blending into the unending mass of crap that I call my craft room.  So since we are having people over this week (a seriously rare occasion), I decided to redo it (since the pineapple represents hospitality) and finally put it up!  I played around with some different ideas of how I wanted to do it but I love what I ended up doing (even if it took forever)
    Project Picture: Before

It is SO BRIGHT.  I love it.  It's so not like anything else I own  Cheesy
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
    Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
    « Reply #226 on: June 29, 2014 07:56:48 PM »

I would like to thank BadWolf314 for the MASSIVELY COOL prices she sent me!!!  I havent uploaded pictures yet, but I will soon!!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH BADWOLF314!!!!  YOU ROCK!!!!  Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott Bean Grapefruit
    House: Hufflepuff
    Project Name: A Bleuette doll Narnia Cabinet for Simone
    Project Page Link (if available):
    Brief Description: Last year I bought a shabby 80s jewelry armoire from Goodwill with the intention of turning it into a doll clothes armoire for Simone.  And then it sat, and sat, and sat..  doing nothing but gathering dust.  For my Bertie Bott I refreshed it into something much nicer than it was.  First I gutted it.  I pulled out all of the lining.  I pulled out the standard mirror from the inside back, and the glass etched with flowers from the door.  I spray painted the tired wood white, had the mirror cut down to the size of the door glass, and painted it white also.  I lined the drawers with a fresh, baby blue, polka dot scrapbooking paper.  I printed pictures of snowy trees, and a Narnia scene from Pinterest and lined the clothes press side with them.  Snow lines the floor.  I drilled a hole in the side, drilled a small bit of dowel, and cut a clothes rod out of a brass rod I bought at a garage sales several years ago with the intention of using as curtain rods in a doll house I was working on at the time.  The closet rods knob sticks out on the right hand side creating a place for Simone to hang her housecoat during the day.  I practiced drawing trees with a sharpie, and then realized my thin gold paint pen scratched the white paint off the back of the painted mirror.  I wound up using a thick, gold, oil paint pen fresh out of the package that Id never used before in my life.  I could not get the fine detail I wanted with it, but the trade off is this neat bark texture that I could not have gotten with any other tool. Im very happy with it.  Thank you for accepting projects until midnight.  With many days of rain interspersed throughout the last couple of weeks Ive had a very hard time getting the paint to dry.  It kept ending up sticky, and spongy.  I was about to give up when we finally got a day of nice sun yesterday. Smiley
    Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
    Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #227 on: June 30, 2014 03:28:38 AM »

And we're back up-to-date with the pins! Smiley

Such great things again, love the Pineapple, rockmygypsysoul, and the cabinet is just great, midkiffsjoy!

That Uterus portrait is fab, Naantje! Such a great way of dealing with things! As a sufferer of Endometriosis myself (and having been rushed to hospital twice with ovarian cysts and having really bad cramping pains every month!) I know what you're going through!!

Will try to get some crafting done this week ... the week "holiday" (more stressful than anything!!) with the inlaws didn't give me time to do any crafting, so hope to catch up on some things - with 3 swap on the go I think I really should try my best... Wink
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #228 on: June 30, 2014 12:34:05 PM »

~Memo from the Kitchen Elves~

Harry snorted into his plate of goulash. Percy frowned, but Harry could have sworn Dumbledore had given him a very small wink.
    The Goblet of Fire, Chapter 23

One of the many things the students of Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang eat at the Yule Ball feast is Goulash.  Goulash is a stew of meat, vegetables, and noodle that originated in Hungry and is popular in Central and Southern Europe.  Id like to think this dish was served in honor of Viktor Krum.

2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 1/4 lb ground sirloin
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp tomato paste
    2 tsp Italian seasoning
    1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
    1 cloves garlic, minced
    1 large red onion, chopped
    1 medium red pepper, chopped
    1 bay leaf
    salt and pepper
    One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
    1 cups cooked whole-grain elbow macaroni
    1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, for topping

Add the olive oil to a medium Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add the ground sirloin, soy sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and cook for about 4 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spoon. Add the garlic, red onions, red pepper and bay leaf and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Saute until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, lower the heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for another 20 minutes.
    Add the elbow macaroni and stir well. Top with parsley and serve immediately.

** I was not overly impressed with this recipe.  I found it to be lacking in flavor.  In the end I added additional salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic and onion powders, Worcestershire Sauce and a glug of steak sauce before I thought it was right. **
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #229 on: June 30, 2014 12:36:05 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: June Quidditch - Choose Your Champions!
    SPEW: N/A
    House: Ra Ra Ravenclaw
    Project Name: Sakura Pattern Weights
    Project Page Link (if available):
    Brief Description: For this years quidditch semi-finals I am throwing my support behind TEAM JAPAN!  I was inspired by the beautiful, ever blooming cherry blossoms that surround the stadium.  I used white, baby pink, and dark pink to make a set of pattern weights.  They are made of 1.5 inch fender washers and I have single crocheted all the way around them.  They remind me of springtime in Tokyo!
    Project Picture:
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 58 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
    Jump to:  

only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
    Meet Painter and Art Gallery Owner Adnan Aybek
    Canvas Painting Lesson with Adnan Aybek
    Supervillain Origins: Sinestro
    Superhero Origins: The Green Hornet
    Supervillain Origins: Hector Hammond
    Latest Blog Articles
    Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
    Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
    Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
    Become a
    Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
    Buy Craft Supplies
    Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...