A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~  (Read 49280 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2014 12:45:35 PM »

Thanks for the warm Hufflepuff welcome! I think I've decided my first craft for the craftalong will be a Hufflepuff pride shirt because I'm tired of people thinking Hufflepuffs are just the leftovers (angry face) hahha

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Nonsense!  We actually joke around my house that the four of us (me, husband, and two pups) actually perfectly embody the four houses.  I am *so* Gryffindor (trust me, I embody the damn thing), my super-smart, well educated, teacher hubs is definitely a Ravenclaw, my Guster is a natural-born Slytherin with his single-minded pursuit of whatever he wants regardless of consideration, and Bening is our Hufflepuff and it's definitely not a "leftover"  Cheesy She loves everyone and thinks everybody is her new best friend, she's eager to please and easily adaptable, and she's completely a scavenger which I have certainly taken to mean that she's an especially good finder  Wink  Cheesy

I love that you have all the houses! I wonder though, do you and Guster have the typical Gryf/Slyth rivalry going on then? Smiley

Also, I LOVE that pendant. It is entirely too true and I just want to pass them out like candy. I also like the bracelets and how they are a more subtle flavor of Hogwarts pride.

Thanks!

Actually, no, we don't MOST of the time.  Mostly because what he wants is me.  It doesn't really matter what I want.  In fact, I'm a little irritated with him right now - he has a preferred way to sit on me (on my lap, under the laptop which is kind of perched between my knee and the couch).  And when I want to sit differently, like if I want to craft or even just face the tv  Roll Eyes) he will throw a fit and make me miserable til I give in.  So he irritates the snot out of me but he's deaf and pathetic and I also, in my Gryffindor way, see him as something to protect, so I do.

Teag - I *LOVE* that!!  It's gorgeous - great variety, detail, everything!  Nicely done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2014 01:38:35 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
House: Gryffindor!!
Project Name: A glimpse into the life of Harry

Um, teag...  Did you switch Houses out of Ravenclaw and into Gryffindor?  (In your post header you listed yourself as a Gryffindor.)  If you are posting as a Gryffindor, then a Gryffindor item would be House Pride, not Unity.  But if you've just mislabeled yourself, and you are still a Ravenclaw, then it is House Unity...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2014 05:13:35 PM »

Hi jennie, no I still in Ravenclaw I mislabeled myself, thanks for bringing this to my attention-changing it now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calliemae
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2014 05:39:07 PM »

COMPLETED OWL HEADER
OWL Subject & Option DADA Option 2
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Umbridge's Afghan
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I wanted to knit up an afghan to decorate Professor Umbridge's office. I made this afghan using 8 different pink yarns (and some purple for the seaming). Most of the squares are either garter or stockinette, though some are drop stitch and others are me playing around with some of the squares. Knitting should be fun.
Project Picture:

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): Transfiguration Option 1
Project Name: Gotham City Themed Car Mat
Brief Description: My nephew really wants a Batman themed car play mat type thing for Christmas. So, I've agreed to make one for him. I will be transfiguring a large amount of fabric, felt and embroidery thread into a Batman play mat with buildings inspired by the characters in the Gotham universe, roads and anything else I come up with as I delve into Gotham City.

Week 1: Cut out the felt for the characters 'homes' and embroider them accordingly.
Week 2: Cut out the roads and add the details
Week 3: Cut out the felt for the other buildings and add appropriate details.
Week 4: Sew everything onto the main base.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Gifts in 2014: 17
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2014 06:32:12 PM »

Phew I just caught up on the 12 pages I was behind! I am always so proud to be a part of this craftalong! I am always so inspired by everyone's creativity!

I want to say thank you so much to Netchez who sent ErinAquaheart and I a wonderful package. Erin was so happy to have a summer hat to sheild her from the sun, the chemo makes her super sensitive to sunlight, and I cant wait for fall to be able to wear the beautiful scarf you sent me. Your kindness really does help so much to sustain us during this very difficult time.

I have a few projects to turn in:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
SPEW: n/a
Project Name: Tiger Spirit Animal Drawing.

This project fits the assignment because I dream of tigers all the time and when I have those dreams I am always inspired and strengthened by them, the tiger has become a symbol of strength and ability for me so I consider it a good omen when the tiger shows up in my dreams or elsewhere in my life.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:BEAN Pink Grapefruit
Project Name: Refreshed Bleach Pen Process Leggings

I wear a lot of leggings and lately I have realized that not only are most of them getting a little old, but most of them are plain ole black. So I took a shabby pair and refreshed them by making a star design with a bleach pen. I didn't leave the bleach gel on for as long as I should have so the design turned out red, which I consider a happy accident. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Thank You Banana Bread

I have some awesome music coaches so I like to bring them treats. This week I brought them some banana bread. We made two loaves one for us and one to split between my two music coaches. The recipe we use can be found here: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/banana-bread/51427396-6764-4b0a-a73a-78c683c703d2  We make it our own by replacing the buttermilk with 1 cup of sour cream and leaving out the nuts. (It's also good with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, caramel bits, or peanut butter chips)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
AnnoyingBigSister

EEVEE FOREVER!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2014 11:27:23 AM »

I apologize for my HoM post earlier. My mom explained to me that my post was not complete, and that I needed to re-post my project. I didn't have a project picture, or explain adequately what my project was.  

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History or Magic (HoM)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Pokemon Dum Dadi Doo AMV (Anime Music Video)
Project Page Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cxO2xzJTAg
Brief Description: My HoM project is a Pokemon AMV (Anime Music Video) to the song ''Dum Dadi Doo'' by Nightcore. You need to follow the project link to watch it. I made it in honor of my Mom who is the best mom in the world, and the one who inspired me to make AMVs.
Project Picture: I made this picture with Paint program on the computer. It's the first picture in the AMV.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014 11:46:52 AM by AnnoyingBigSister » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2014 01:29:49 PM »

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!

Please note you are welcome to do any, all or none of these challenges as they come up throughout the semester.  They are not intended to cause stress, but are instead intended to get your crafty Muses singing.  Neither of the Headmistresses will complete ALL the classes and challenges posted this semester.  So relax, and craft what you love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2014 01:30:29 PM »

Please note that I will be accepting Pink Grapefruit challenge posts until midnight tonight.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2014 02:16:39 PM »

The Divination and CoMC classrooms have been updated to show all the wonderful progress so far this semester.  Remember that you can do the extra credit that is available at anytime during the semester!

Class: Apparition
SPEW: NA
Project Name: Body Part ATCs
Project Description: Just practicing my ink skills some more. Made Heart. Lungs. Vertabrae. And an eye.

Class: House Unity
Project Name: Multicolor Glass Drop Necklace
Project Description: Using red, blue, yellow, and black(w/ green sheen) drop beads I made this necklace.  It has three wire strung bead strands that are attached to the chain.  It gave it a much more full look than just one strand.  I can't wait to do another like this in pinks and purples!

Class: Potions
Project Name: Sailor Moon inspired ATCs
Project Description: I am super excited about the new Sailor Moon that is coming out this next week!!!!! I am trying to figure out how I will manage watch it when it streams! Anyway. I wanted to focus on my love of the moon kingdom and its amazing Sailor Princess...So here...

Class: CoMC
Project Name: Sleeping Giraffe Painting
Project Description: One of my favorite animals is already on the endangered list.  So I wanted to show it in its cutest form! Giraffe's are so adorable when they sleep!!!!

Class: HoM
Project Name: Sir Teddy Cuddlestuff and Squirt StickerSlaps! (A form of graffiti that is done with stickers instead of paint)
Project Description: I love that I can include my artistic family in this!  I learned about Sticker Slaps through an artist that I love! His name is Jeff Soto.  And he loves to get art mail.  So I designed and colored these stickers for him.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2014 02:21:06 PM »

Thank you, Netchez for the awesome happy mail!  I love this hat! I can't wait to go to the beach in it when I go visit my mom this summer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Makeup Tips for a Fresh Fall Look
Hair and Makeup for Back to School
Everyday Makeup Tutorial
Back to School Hair and Makeup Tutorial
3 Steps to Beautiful Nails
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...