A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,442
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~  (Read 79985 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2014 06:14:11 PM »

Sure - I hadn't thought of it to be honest, but I don't see why people who were alumi last term shouldn't include work done then too Smiley

(ignoring all those double negatives, short answer is 'yes' Cheesy)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014 06:37:01 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2014 07:38:58 PM »

Mistress Jennie: Thanks for those recipes, I will absolutely give them a try! Even though my first time out with the crockpot was a bit of a dud, I am very much looking forward to playing with it more this summer.

Current Swaps:

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
    Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
    « Reply #82 on: June 07, 2014 08:20:28 PM »

I think I'm going to have to try that cashew (soy) chicken recipe!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitted Gifts in 2014: 17
    « Reply #83 on: June 08, 2014 01:46:24 PM »

Oh the wonderful CoMC amazingness!!!!

Moonflame- That penquin jumper is completely adorable! Way to go!

Samash90- House Elves definitely need that kind of protection!

Keep up the good work!

As a Slytherin.....I am so excited to see us strive for the greatness that we can achieve!  Go Slytherin!!!!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #84 on: June 08, 2014 01:59:39 PM »

First week we're back via Floo Powder from the continent was a bit hectic to get everything settled (lots of washing spells/gardening spells done), getting the first step to education for the Little Witches sorted (phew!) and then to try and get rid of my URTI... which, given the doc said 5-7 days REST and I've been cutting grass, decluttering 1/2 a cupboard, decluttering (phase 1) the Little Witches' (Hobbitses') toys etc... didn't really happen.

However... our PINTEREST board is up-to-date!!! As is the ALCHEMY DUNGEON!! Smiley  Now I just have to read all the prompts, try to find projects to do and keep on top with all the craftiness on here!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged
    « Reply #85 on: June 08, 2014 02:10:24 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
    SPEW: NA
    House: Slytherin
    Project Name: Gemino Curse Cupcake Necklaces...well almost...
    Project Description: I loved the cupcake necklace I made for Technicolor so much that I had to have one for myself.  The only problem is that I only had a pink cupcake left and hers was blue.  After some work I managed to make a similar one for myself.  This one has an identical design but different color scheme.  Seems like my curse could use some work to make exact replicas...I'll keep working at that....

Class: SoAR
    Project Name: Paint Chip Ink Drawings
    Project Description: I worked on my ink skills with these little ATC sized works.  I have been meaning to get much better at my freehand (no pencil work) ink skills.  So I went and got some paint chip samples at the store and made some ATC sized pieces and worked up two dragons, a golden hind, and a little monkey.  I think that its coming along okay.  I still need to work on not hesitating on where I want lines to go.  But I adore my little dragon...he needs a name though...any suggestions?

Class: Alchemy
    Project Name: Lapis Bead Necklace for MommaAquaheart's birthday
    Project Description: MommaAquaheart had a lapis necklace that broke and she wanted to have a whole new look for the beads.  So we looked at a lot of pictures and decided on a design concept she liked.  I picked out some glass beads that would add some interest but you can't really see them in the picture.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It's so much prettier in person!  And obviously...its blue...like water.

Class: Astronomy
    Project Name: Hidden Mickey Necklace and Bracelet
    Project Description:  I love DisneyWorld!  I love Mickey Mouse!  When I went to Disney World last I bought a stretchy bracelet that had all these Mickey head beads on it.  I hate stretch bracelets...they never fit me right and always break really easily.  So I repurposed them into jewelry that I love.  The meaning where there is none?  My love of Disney that doesn't scream off of a tee!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2014 03:21:04 PM »

I got some of those micky head beads in a swap, that's a great way to use them! Love the cucupcake necklace(s) too

Challenge; house unity
    House; ravenclaw!
    This is the first block for a quilt.... My first kaleidoscope block, and my first go at foundation paper work. I'm much more comfy with hand sewing than machine but i'm trying :-) there's lots wrong with this block, but i decided not to unpick because this way i'll be able to point it out on the finished quilt and be all smug about how i improved (hopefully...)
    And of course, for my first go, i choose the 4 house colours for the corner pieces :-)
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2014 03:27:06 PM »

Yay! I always love the beginning of a new term, I always feel a new drive to create more and work harder on developing my skills! I have three classes to turn in so far!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care Of Magical Creatures
    SPEW: YES, These are a part of a group of ATC's that went to a 4th grade class at a public school
    Project Name: Winged Unicorn ATC's

These ATC's fit the assignment because we all know that winged unicorns are some of the rarest magical creatures and the absolutely must be respected and protected. These ATC's were made for a set intended for trade with a class of fourth graders for a volunteer art lesson so they qualify as a SPEW project. They were delivered to the class last Friday (June 6th).

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
    SPEW:YES, these were sent to a 4th grade class as part of a volunteer art lesson.
    Project Name: Robot Trio of ATCs

This project fits the assignment because the action of me doing a volunteer art lesson for children at public school using ATCs that I made myself to trade with them definitely shows enthusiasm for learning. I feel it is necessary to teach kids not only the few lessons they get about art in their curriculum but also how art is accessible to them, and how they can interact with it and form a creative community with their peers. I feel that A lesson on ATCs is a great way to begin that kind of thinking in students.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Dumbledore's Army: Dept. Of Mysteries
    SPEW:YES these are more ATCs for my lesson with the 4th graders.
    Project Name: Dinosaur ATCs

This project fits the criteria of this assignment because children in public schools in the United States a drastically under served when it comes to exposure to arts and culture. There for it is fulfilling a great need to volunteer one's time and talent to bring the art experiences to the children that they otherwise wouldn't get.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
    Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
    Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
    I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2014 06:30:40 PM »

dinos and Robots and flying unicorns? lucky kids to have such awesome artwork to inspire their crafty community bulding

Excuse me... I just noticed that the puffs have got Dr Evil in their common room! bahahahahah!

On a more serious note... our first witch of the week for the semester is posted
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2014 06:34:20 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
    « Reply #89 on: June 08, 2014 07:58:12 PM »

I finally had the opportunity to do more than scan everyone's new assignments, and read nine pages of awesome creativeness! Took notes for future reference too.  Grin

To noodlebug, thanks so much for developing the career paths page for alumni! Is Professorship an option for a career?

Now, because I spent 3/4 of last semester in the library instead of paying attention to the assignments I turned in, it appears I neglected to take credit for the HoM N.E.W.T. I proposed in March. So all House points are null and void.  Tongue Here's a picture of the completed project, as well as the completed NEWT I proposed in January (which I thankfully turned in!). If both of these can be removed from the Proposal List, I'd much appreciate it!

Completed NEWT (Posted Feb. 28th)

I love the end of a semester because everyone is wildly posting all their assignments. Rah, Rah Ravenclaw!!!!

NEWT Subject: Charms
    House: Ravenclaw
    Project Name: Waldorf Doll for Theo
    Brief Description: Theo's baby now has a daytime outfit to go with his jammies.

Pic won't load...see page 83 Winter Semester.

Completed NEWT (Proposed March, completed, never turned in.  Sad)

On to this semester!
    Class: Divination
    SPEW:  n/a.
    House: Ravenclaw
    Project Name: Make Your Own Parliament of Owls...or just one, whatever.
    Brief Description: Alrighty, so here's a mini tute on how to make pretty cute pom pom owls.

Materials List:

Wool or acrylic in whatever colours you choose
    Plastic Pom Pom maker or cardboard pom pom maker The cardboard or plastic snap together kind work best
    Scissors, tacky glue, small amount of felt for beak, beads or felt for eyes, and paper covered floral wire for feet.

Make 2 pom poms, one for head and one for body. You can get creative here and pattern your owl depending on how you wrap the yarn. Or use variegated yarn and make an owlet!

Now for the fun part! Trim head pom pom in a roundish ball (if you're making the barn owl) Make sure you leave the long strings you used to tie the pom pom because they will be used to attach head to body later on. For the body, separate two sections of yarn on either side for the wings and one section at the bottom for the tail. Trim top, front, back, and under wings of body piece.

Thread the leftover long string from head onto a needle and carry it under the body's string (it's the one that holds the pom pom together) and tie the two pieces together. Or trim the top of the body and the bottom of the head flat, and glue the pieces together.

Take the floral wire and bend in a U shape. Measure how long you want the legs, then bend into a foot-like shape, then wrap remainder of wire up leg. Cut off excess.

Attach legs with gobs of glue, or better yet, tie them on with a long string that you can bury in the pom pom. I've since begun attaching the legs with the long tie strings before trimming the pom pom. They stand better that way.

Trim some more, shape shape shape, add a beak and eyes...aww...it's an owl.

A special thanks to noodlebug for sending all of those buttons, which made perfect eyes for these wee cuties!
    THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
    Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58 Jump to page:
      Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
    Jump to:  

only results with images
    include swap threads
    advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
    How to Draw Rex Salazar
    How to Draw Rayquaza
    How to Draw Professor Fransworth
    How to Draw Poof
    The Photoshop Secret Behind Long Exposure Photography
    Latest Blog Articles
    November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
    Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
    Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
    Become a
    Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
    Buy Craft Supplies
    Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...