A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,092
Currently Running With Scissors:
369 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2014~  (Read 108650 times)
Tags for this thread: craftalong , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: August 11, 2014 06:55:04 PM »

Greetings and Salutations, fellow Hogwartians!

I got back from Diagon Alley about a week ago now but have only been able to pull a 'Myrtle' and lurk about the halls.  Everything looks great!! All the awesomeness is fabulous! I'm just starting to get life back into a balance after all the wedding planning and honeymoon hoopla~ Thank you to all who sent me happy thoughts and well wishes! We had a great day and a fun time in Florida (so fun!) and now I am happy to report that I have been able to put yarn back into my schedule!

Well done to all who have found ways to put S.P.E.W. projects onto their coursework assignments- you are making the world a more magical place for everyone. Thank you!

Here's to a great and crafty run up to the end of the semester!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Moonflame
« Reply #431 on: August 11, 2014 07:01:43 PM »

Yay!  Welcome back, AntBee! Smiley  

I think things are up to date at Huffle House, but I did have some technical difficulties, so if I've missed anyone's classes, please msg me and I'll get it fixed up!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014 08:21:22 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Naantje
« Reply #432 on: August 13, 2014 03:31:16 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch WOrld Cup - Broomstick
SPEW: /
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Protective tablet-pouch
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=435100
Brief Description:
Fashioned from a pair of old trousers and a damaged snuggie, this pouch should protect my father-in-law's tablet from scratches and cracks, as well as make sure he doesn't lose his stylus, charger and USB cable.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2014 04:49:59 AM »

@Ant Bee:  So good to "see" you back dearie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #434 on: August 13, 2014 05:39:39 AM »

Welcome back ant bee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: August 13, 2014 11:59:53 AM »

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!

Please note you are welcome to do any, all or none of these challenges as they come up throughout the semester.  They are not intended to cause stress, but are instead intended to get your crafty Muses singing.  Neither of the Headmistresses will complete ALL the classes and challenges posted this semester.  So relax, and craft what you love.  Also, please be aware that posts for the previous bean will be accepted until midnight tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: August 13, 2014 12:13:37 PM »

Note from the Headmistress...

Please note that due to all the upcoming end of the Quidditch World Cup, and other End of Semester activities, this will be the last Bertie Bott's Bean posted this semester. You have 18 days to work on it, rather than the normal 14.

P.P.S.  Please also be aware that the Quidditch World Cup ends at 11:59 Central Standard Time pm on Thursday, August 21.  No Quidditch projects will be accepted after that time, and no House Points will be awarded.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: August 13, 2014 12:22:04 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...
~*Calling for Donations in the HPC's very own Diagon Alley!*~ 

What exactly is Diagon Alley you may ask?  It is a way for you to support the HPC, and advertise your crafty business at the same time.  Your Headmistress is asking for donations of prizes that will be awarded during the End of Term Feast in the first week of September.  I will do prize drawings for completion of OWLS & NEWTS, Detention Projects, Quidditch, and Class Participation.  Anyone who donates an item will have a picture of it displayed in the Diagon Alley post on page 2 of the thread, as well as a link to their Etsy or Artfire shop for the rest of the semester.  You may donate a finished crafted item, a new craft book, or a Complete Craft Kit.

Please note that I am not accepting boxes of miscellaneous craft supplies at this time, as we have had so many of them over the last two semesters.

Once the winner of that prize drawing is announced, you will be responsible for shipping it off to the winner.

If you are interested in donating a prize to the HPC, please send an Owl/Private Message to Mistress Jennie listing what you are offering, and where you are willing to ship that item to.  You must include a picture or a link to a picture that we can use here in the thread, and the name of your shop & a link to it so that we may mention it in the post.  PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST THIS IN THE THREAD!

Let me repeat that....   PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST THIS IN THE THREAD!

Also please know that we do not expect everyone to participate in this call for prizes.  All of us have different things going on in our lives and all of us have different financial circumstances.   No one will be judged for not being involved, and you may always participate later if you wish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladychris2010
« Reply #438 on: August 13, 2014 03:08:38 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration - Gemino Curse
SPEW:
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Swap Squares
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: So, I'm in a crochet group on facebook and it was suggested to do a granny square swap. We each had to make 30 squares; 1 for ourselves and 29 to send out to the others. And so everyone would know which square was made by which person, the 30 squares had to use the same granny square pattern even if the colors used weren't the same. and so, here are mine. Though by the time I snapped the picture, I'd already gone to mail out 12 and put aside the one for myself.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014 03:37:16 PM by ladychris2010 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Started a craftalong for Sailor Moon fans. Come join in!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430909.msg5147318#msg5147318
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #439 on: August 13, 2014 06:53:14 PM »

Thanks, guys, it's good to be back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mixed Media Fun
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...