A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,142
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bakersfield????  (Read 11421 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008 01:16:04 PM »

Yaaay another person!

On a very sad note, Pak-Rats is going out of business February 10th!  Cry
In the meanwhile, everything they have is 30% off; in February what's left will be 50% off. They still have tons of records/albums, craft stuff, jewelry, holiday stuff, license plates, kitchen stuff, books, etc etc etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
shastaw2006
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008 05:05:26 PM »

are you kidding??? but it's been there forever! I'll have to go by and stock up on craft supplies I really don't have room for in the house...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008 06:45:04 PM »

Same here, I'm so overloaded with stuff...The owner has a terminal illness, I heard, and that's the reason for the closure. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shastaw2006
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008 06:57:54 PM »

It's hard to imagine that place being empty soon... there's soo much stuff in there
THIS ROCKS   Logged
americangothic
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008 09:51:01 AM »

I live in Bakersfield....  Cheesy yeah Bako!  Is anyone going to Craftcon in April? in SF?
www.craftcon.org  I am 90% sure that I ma going....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything worth doing, is worth doing well.
calluna
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008 11:39:38 AM »

Welcome, americangothic!! Thanks for representing! I'm not going to craftcon but if I were I'd happily ride the train up there with you.  Grin

Just as an update on Kern-y resources, A+ Pak Rats decided not to shut their doors, and they're loaded up with as much stuff as ever. Lots of rubber stamps lately, and they had a big box full of all kinds of plastic candy molds.
Off of Union Ave and (I think) Kentucky is the Goodwill Clearance Center -- they hold auctions every weekday at noon for electronics and big items, and all day long you can sift through their warehouse for old books and clothes (they're supposed to be clothes, but for our purposes it's all fabric for recon!). The clothes are $1.25 per BAG, and books are a quarter each.
Does anyone know of crafting groups or classes? The quilting store on Allen Rd. holds quilting classes and has a classroom, and I think they have machine embroidery classes too sometimes. I deducted from a conversation I heard in there that there's a group/club called Thimbleberries, but I don't know if they're just for quilting or what...Those aren't crafts that I do, at this stage of my life, but thought I'd share.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

americangothic
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008 09:37:05 AM »

Thanks, I am new to craftster.... but I have been back in Bakersfield for about 4 years.  I used to live in SF for school but this is my hometown. 

Do any of you crochet?  I am trying to figure out how to make some amigurumi but I dont have any crocheting skills, Huh I have learned a little from books but I would prefer to have someone show me what to do.  I learn faster that way.

I dont know of any classes.  In fact I dont even think Michaels offers classes anymore. 

I would be cool if any of us want to meet up like once a month to share or help or trade or teach eachother stuff... We could meet at a cafe or something?

Yeah Bakersfield!!! 
Lisa

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shastaw2006
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008 11:32:43 AM »

i would totally be interested in meeting somewhere... i don't crochet much, but i can loom knit a little, a little bit of sewing, generally i've tried everything and im not good at anything, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008 03:27:15 PM »

I can't do anything with yarn, but I do a few portable crafts that would be alright for a group public crafting session...Is there any place around town you've wanted to sit and just *be*, but didn't think it was a good idea to be there alone? Those would be good craft meet-up spots!

Incidentally, I'm trying to move to SF...I wilt like old lettuce here in Bako. (:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008 03:31:36 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

americangothic
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008 06:20:33 PM »

Perhaps Dagny's downtown...?  All the other coffee shops I know of are Starbucks!  hehehehe....

Let me know if I can answer any SF questions, I lived there for 7 years. 

PS... is there a way to send private messages on here....?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Glowing Streaks - Motion 3
How to Create Lightsabers - Motion 3
How to Create a Glow Effect - Motion 3
How to Create Bloody Blobs - Motion 3
How to Create a Mac Boot Animation - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...