A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bakersfield????  (Read 11291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Star
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006 09:54:27 PM »

Hey Girls!
I was just combing and thought i'd check out this section as for some reason ive never bothered  Undecided
Anyhow, I also live in bakersfield.
And..I also work for Michaels....the one on Ming Ave.
Been there 3 yrs this last June.
Good to see im not alone on here lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shastaw2006
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007 08:18:55 PM »

Yay for bakersfield... i guess.

Okay, how about yay for craftsters living in bakersfield!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Little Bird
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007 05:55:44 PM »

Hey, I know this is late coming and I don't live in Bako anymore but I wanted to agree with the craftster who said to check out the empty space. 

The theatre community in Bako is excellent, with tons of talented actors.  Also, tes has a gallery where they exhibit pieces from local artists, amazing artists.

Check it out and look for next year's Burn The Witch show!  And tell them I sent you Smiley  Say hi for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007 05:14:52 PM »

Another person sucked back into Bakersfield here...As long as I don't have to leave the house I can tolerate it... Tongue

I do have to hand the maaaaad props to Bakersfield when it comes to second-hand shopping, though. There's some great old junk out there for sale. Pay a visit to "A+ Pack Rats" at Rosedale Hwy and Verdugo Ln and you'll leave with a crapload of weird or vintage stuff for like $5. It's a woman-owned and -operated junk store, too! I love that place.
Additionally, even though it's not 2nd-hand, Beverly Crafts & Fabric has a completely different and better scrapbook paper assortment from Michaels. I just visited Beverly's for the first time and was pretty impressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
shastaw2006
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007 05:35:16 PM »

Shocked a recent person in bako!?!?!? how long have you been here? I've been here all my life, I'm looking for good craft groups and can't find any
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007 08:13:08 PM »

I've been here about 6 months, after being gone for the majority of the past decade. I went to high school and j.c. here before that, and back then I wasn't very developed in my craftiness and neither was anyone else I knew. I know there are crafting people here, considering that we have three separate Michaelses and more, but I haven't encountered any craftster-style crafters, if that makes sense...There's lots of potpourri and "tea cozies without irony," and the hard-core conservativism carries over into the crafting. Please, Kern County, prove me wrong on this!
I wish I could track down every person here who bought the book "Subversive Stitching" for themselves; that might be a start.  Smiley No, finding Kern County people who are members of Craftster is a start--I'm not very social in the real world.
Well, if anyone in the area wants to do a get-together/craft-along, let me know! It would be so freakin great to go sit in some nice but overly commercial place together and just craft away, while everyone else stands around posturing or bored or spending $ or whatever it is non-crafty people do when they congregate in these places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shastaw2006
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2007 10:47:54 PM »

I'd totally be interested... but finding more bakersfield craftsters might be difficult... most people don't check this board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KawaiiHolic

Keep calm and carry on

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007 11:25:20 AM »

I used to live in Bako, I'm in Tehachapi now.

Star-  I worked at Michaels (ming ave) from 2000-2004, we probably know each other.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007 11:26:36 AM by xXxBabydollxXx » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHECK OUT MY SHOP FOR VINTAGE PATTERNS GALORE!
http://www.sweetsassymolassy.etsy.com

Check out my blog for lovely eye candy!
http://www.sweetsassymolassyblog.blogspot.com

Follow me on TWITTER for Shop and Blog updates...
http://twitter.com/SweetSassyM
calluna
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007 08:45:49 PM »

I'd totally be interested... but finding more bakersfield craftsters might be difficult... most people don't check this board.

I agree; I'm thinking about posting something cryptic at area craft stores and seeing if I get a response.  Smiley
In the meanwhile, I had this idea for craft group swapping: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213659.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ilovepaint
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008 02:21:20 AM »

I live in bakersfield, you are pobably here by now, lol, but there are actually a lot of fabric stores and bead stores and what-not besides the majors.  Strawberry patches and To Quilt n Sew have cool alexander henry fabrics, there are a lot of little bead shops around town, I don't mind it here, it's not too bad (well, sometimes I guess).  If you look for em, you can find some store that are just gems:)
Oh an Calluna, thanks for the info on "A+ Pack Rats", I'm going to go there tomorrow:)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008 02:24:38 AM by ilovepaint » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now what do I want to make next?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Orihime
How to Draw Mung Daal
How to Draw Moritaka Mashiro
How to Draw a Monkey
How to Draw Mojo Jojo from The Powerpuff Girls
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...