A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 303,937
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I think this looks cool! But what to do with it???  (Read 2026 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenny777

I painted my sisters preg. belly!

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2005 12:36:54 PM »

I had a ball of old yarn in my stash and started knitting on 10.5 circs.  I gradually increased (that was my goal to practice increasing) until the colors started to match up and this is what I got.

But what would I make out of it?   Any Ideas would be great.  I am going to buy more verigated yarn and do this again,  I'm just wondering what I would make with it.   It kinda looks like a  lolly pop.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!
craftykate
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005 01:38:46 PM »

Sew up one side, add some purse handles to the other, and use it as a small bag? It does look like a lolly pop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
LRS
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005 02:07:38 PM »

What size is it?  If it fits on your head, gather it together at the half way point, then fold the rest down so the edges meet.  You'll have a pretty little knitted cap.  Or gather it nearer the top and let the excess flop around. 

If you could find some kind of plastic container (the bottom of a soda bottle or a take out container) that fits inside, you could use it as a plant pot cozy.  You'd still put an actualy pot inside, the plastic thingy would be the saucer to catch excess water and your creation would make it look as if you have a knitted plant pot. 

If it's really wide, maybe you could pull it over your head and use it as a scarf under a coat or jacket. 

LRS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bags & purses:  Elaress.etsy.com
fabric bowls & boxes: ElaressAtHome.etsy.com
radio show/webcast:  www.FrugalYankee.com
Jenny777

I painted my sisters preg. belly!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005 02:19:48 PM »

All wonderful Ideas !  Hadn't thought of a plant cozy before.  It's not actually large enough for a hat for me,  but my daughter!!!!  It just might work.   I really like the scarf Idea.  I want to make one big enough for a scarf,  but in better colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!
punkrockmom

never trust a knitter with the grocery money

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005 02:56:05 PM »

can you wrap it around your wrist for a wrist warmer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boo37.blogspot.com
Jehnaier
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005 06:04:46 PM »

I have no idea what you could use it for, though I like the headband/cap suggestion. I just wanted to say that that looks REALLY cool. I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilyjellybean
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005 10:56:04 PM »

Those colours are yummy.  If you wanted to make a scarf-cowl thingy, check out this link...

http://frugalknit12330.goeserv.com/homepage/cowl.htm

I knitted one in a variegated sportweight yarn and it looks fab.  Will post a pic when I work out how to (i'm a newbie  Wink ).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keridiana
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005 08:14:32 AM »

It does look cool! Like updated tie-dye! Hmm... I like the purse idea. 

Is it a tube, or a rectangle?  I can't tell.  If it's a rectangle...  It doesn't look long enough for you to fold it up into a triangle and make a shrug out of it.  What about one of those animals-out-of-rectangle patterns?  You already have a rectangle!  Or... add a panel (even of a different color) and seam it up into a tube top?  *mental machinery whirring widlly*

If it's a tube.... a little clutch then?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005 11:13:06 AM »

Oh my goodness!  Your icon is amazing!  Can I see a bigger picture?  That is really really cool!  When I'm pregnant i'll hire you to decorate my belly.  Hell, you can do it now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
craftykate
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005 11:29:44 AM »

Oh my goodness!  Your icon is amazing!  Can I see a bigger picture?  That is really really cool!  When I'm pregnant i'll hire you to decorate my belly.  Hell, you can do it now!

Ahh! I hadn't read the caption under the pic. I had no idea it was a belly! I saw it and thought, "pretty butterflies, I wonder if that's a ceramic egg or something." I was then immediately distracted by the  knitting question and didn't look at it again until the post above. That is too amazing. I would also love to see a bigger pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Market Artwork
The Basic Supplies for Face Painting
How to Face Paint a Christmas Tree Tattoo
How to Create a Collage for Your Face Painting Work
How to Load Your Face Paint Brush
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...