A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spirit/Intention Doll Swap - GALLERY  (Read 5862 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alittlemusthave
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014 12:25:56 AM »

I just caught up with the gallery and wow, what beautiful spirit dolls! I love how everyone approached theirs differently. They are all totally amazing me........
THIS ROCKS   Logged
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2014 01:22:02 AM »

Im so sorry for the lapse in time in getting my photos up of the lovely doll WendieK sent me.
Our garage burnt down 2 days ago and we have been sat in the shock of what happened.

WendieK took my quote "the sun that has shone out now sets and shines within" and made me this stunning quote. I find that in my profession (im a psychotherapist) it is always worth checking in with myself that I am "shining the light within" and not giving too much out.

I just love this doll, and she will go in my barn and be admired by all the lovely women who come to my groups.
Both faces on the doll are just perfect and I love that the sun face sits in her belly. I also have to say I love the colours, in therapy we often speak of the "fire in the belly", the part of us that fuels us to move beyond difficult and "stuck" moments.
Thankyou Wendie K x

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2014 01:30:41 AM »

The best part is to receive a doll that was meant for you  Cheesy All the dolls are so beautiful, but this doll, no these DOLLS (yep, 2!) were made for me and the moment I unwrapped them, they spoke to me!

P_E_S_T went through my list (love, creativity, nature, respect, grief and pain) and remembered what a tutor told her: that often we must let things die before new life comes.
With that in  mind, she started to craft TWO dolls!

Life; green and colours. So pretty and light:

The other is death; letting go, 'of the breeze that cycles through us all, one day here - one day blowing in the wind." That touched me, it describes it exactly right and the doll shows it:

And here they are, in front of the window at the back of our house. I have a branch hanging there with hearts, a ball created by my son, prayer flags and now my two precious, beautiful Intention dolls!!  Cheesy (not sure I will keep them there, the sun might fade it  Angry )

Don't mind the mess in our backyard! And I know it isn't a great picture with the light, but I wanted to show you were I displayed it.

I can't thank you enough Jolene! You are the best! Thanks a lot for this amazing, unforgettable experience!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2014 06:11:18 AM »

You guys are going to make me cry (too late!)!  Not only are the dolls pretty, but your spirit in the making and giving is so wonderful...I am getting a lot of good feelings from seeing these dolls and reading the comments and stories...

Wendy--what a positive and beautiful display...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MamaTrader

Sky above me. Earth below me. Fire within me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2014 08:23:11 AM »

wendiek- I adore the doll you made for P_E_S_T!  The fiery colors are such a great choice and not one, but two amazing faces!!!! 

and P_E_S_T... WOW!  Such a great, creative idea to do two dolls with such opposite yet connected intentions.  Even the "death" doll is beautiful.  I will never quite look at a dandelion in the same way.  Such a powerful symbol for death and letting go. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I"m a craftaholic on the road to recovery.

Just kidding!!!  I'm on the road to the craft store.  Cheesy
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2014 08:49:36 AM »

I love these new dolls! All three of them. I love the vibrant colors, and the intention and thought put into them. I agree, what a wonderful, thoughtful group of swappers we have here.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
"Make good art" - Neil Gaiman
My website
50 Projects in 2014
CraftyMamaBee
Dreaming Bigger than my Ability!

I'm A Craftster Best of 2013 Winner!

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2014 08:53:41 AM »

Ok so I received at the beginning of the week but this has been a crazy week! My Mini just finished her first year of Preschool! Yesterday was her last day and there I am crying as she says goodbye to her teachers! It was so bittersweet! And now we are preparing to say goodbye to daddy for a week tomorrow as he leaves for business on the East Coast... I am stocking up on wine! Being the first time it's just me and the girls for a whole week!

I did received the most amazing doll from MamaTrader! She sent such a lovely letter that really sent me to tears! Rumina is made out of a stick from the playground she takes her son to and a onesie from a friends baby girl and a piece of scarf that was her grandmother's. She is the most amazing doll! When I opened the package the scent of lavender was just coming out of the envelope.... little did she know I was having the hardest second day with the girls... my 4 month old had been crying for 2 days straight with no naps and my 3.5yo was just non stop talking... Rumina is my spirit doll of lactation... as I am nursing my baby and I stress  sometimes about it ending too early... so here she is

Thank you so much! She is sitting on my breast pump and greets me every time I pump... which is quite often! She still has her lavender scent but I have some lavender oil from Maui, from the lavender gardens there and I am going to use it to keep her scent going! Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty Blog!

Shop My Esty Shop! Check it out!

Swaps:
Spirit/Intention Doll Swap: Sent!
Twinches Needlework Swap: At the drawing table...
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2014 09:03:14 AM »

another meaningful doll!  I love how serene she looks!  The skirts are just so lovely and flowing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2014 09:13:33 AM »

So many beautiful doll and strong thoughts...I just love this swap. Every doll is unique and purposeful it's amazing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2014 09:17:35 AM »

I'm loving all these dolls!

Here's the one I received from artsycandice.  This is one of the most beautiful things I've received in swaps.  The stitching details on her are intricate; the swirls look like they might be couched threads but I can't tell.  There's beading on the leaves, using tiny seed beads, and each leaf is stitched with veins.  My photos don't show the rich colors accurately at all.

The back is also beautifully stitched and finished:

Candice, I love this doll so much.  My husband likes her also, and she will have a prominent place in our home.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Your First Movie
How to Make a Storyboard
How to Make a Music Video
How to Produce Videos on a Budget
How to Write the Perfect Holiday Movie
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...