A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap Round 5 Gallery  (Read 5345 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014 03:03:32 PM »

What a fun start to the gallery!  I've updated all the statuses as far as sent/received/late. Smiley 

Please remember to PM me and your partner when you send, receive, or have an issue. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014 03:10:59 PM »

Great start to the gallery!  I love the domino bracelet, the tutu (I got one for Halloween and didn't want to take it off either!), the jars and the mermaid! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014 09:51:08 AM »

I received an awesome package from Myrdda yesterday!!!!  She did a great job stalking me.  I really enjoyed opening this box of goodies.  Here goes:

She crafted a teacup pincushion (two passions in one - tea and pincushions!) that says "Watch me sew like mad!", a length of chiffon print that will make a very nice top, and a darling watercolor of a stack of books topped with tea!  The books are sewing, knitting, crochet, spinning, family, quilting, art journaling, the book of tea, and spirituality!  She nailed it!  SO CUTE!

She also sent this adorable tea box and a heat/cold bag filled with rice and lentils.  This is especially perfect as I suffer with rheumatoid arthritis and often need a little heat somewhere.  Unfortunately, the tea box paint triggered an asthma attack -- I am going to put it outside for a day or two and see if that will fade.  It's too cute not to use!  You can see a shot of the teacup pincushion in the background!

The teabox is glass-topped and the workd "TEA" is etched into it.  Lovely!  You can see the bird painting a bit better here as well!

The teabox was filled with all these goodies!  Pattern weights (LOVE), button thumbtacks (LOVE 2!), chainmaille keychain (how clever -- a key at the end of a key chain!), a beaded lanyard necklace, a bird's nest brooch and a pair of beaded jade earrings! 

Myrdda really honed in on my favorite color combo of blue and green.  There is a nice length of the blue and green batik, and the flowers and dots are too cute!

You'll recognize the dots from the teacup pincushion -- the flowers made their debut on this awesome apron!  The pattern is Myrdda's own design and it fits me perfectly!  I love the colors and know this apron will be very handy in my craft and cooking life!

Here's a detail shot of the apron back! 

I am uploading these photos while sipping a cup of Honeybush, Mandarin and Orange tea that Myrdda sent my way, with a splash of honey from my new honey dispenser.  I actually squeeee'd when I saw this honey dispenser.  It has been on my amazon wishlist forever.  I'll put it in my cart every once in awhile, then take it out because I don't really need it.  To top it off, Myrdda says she found this in a thrift shop -- I LOVE thrifted items!  It's perfect! 

Thank you, Myrdda!  Your selections were perfect! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014 10:43:06 AM »

I'm so sorry it triggered an asthma attack Sad I have a ton of problems with that particular brand of sealant.

I am glad you like it all, though, A2K!! and glad the honey dispenser is finding a useful home Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014 10:55:22 AM »

That is a great package! I adore the book painting and the tea box!  Not much of a tea drinker except a bit in the winter so I would have used that as a jewelry box!  Hope the smell fades so it's usable for you A2K!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014 01:37:36 PM »

What an awesome package. Am I the only one who thought "Mad Hatter" upon seeing the teacup? And pattern weights? How have I never known about these? I NEED some now! Also, super jelly of the gorgeous fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014 03:04:56 PM »

I'm so sorry it triggered an asthma attack Sad I have a ton of problems with that particular brand of sealant.

I am glad you like it all, though, A2K!! and glad the honey dispenser is finding a useful home Cheesy

No worries!  I had no idea I was sensitive to dry paints, but I did know about fumes. . .  I think a day or two outside will make all the difference!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014 05:10:37 PM »

What a wonderful gallery already! Allow me to add my awesome package from Lindyv321 as well. First I have to say that this lady can pack a box! There was so much stuff, I need you to come pack my bags when I go on vacation lol.

First the supply's, two packs of trim, a needle felting kit (something I have been wanting to try for awhile), new note cards, a string of beads, two stamps and 3 packs of washi tape. I have been looking at washi tape but haven't picked any up because I'm not sure what I would do with it since I'm not much of a paper crafter, now I get to try some new projects. And I was in serious need of some new notecards, which I had just remarked on when packing up her box.

Jewlery! The necklaces are Goonies definition, Believe charm and beaded chevron. A bracelet that the photo doesn't do justice to. Don't worry Lindy it fit's perfectly, I had to take it off for the photo. A note book which I think is decorated with washi paper? The front of my bird shrine, this photo show's the color the best. The little leave a note owls is a magnant, it's hard to see but there is a little clothes pin for the note. Dalek key fob!!! I think this is my favorite of the package Smiley I am trying to decide if I want to make a little purse to go with it or just put my keys on it. Where in the world did you find Dalek ribbon?

Embroideried goodies Smiley The Gallifrayean is a Harry Potter/Doctor Who mash up, it says "After all this time?" "Always". The owl says "life is a dance, you learn the steps as you go", I love the colors! And another view of the bird shrine.

Two shirts, the blue is actually very vibrant I love the color.

I walked outside and realized I had forgotten my sun catcher, which has been living on my patio since I opened it Smiley

Whew I think that's everything, thank you again lindyv321!! I love everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linakins

Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014 05:40:14 PM »

Lindy always sends awesome packages! I love the sun catcher.

I also love the tea box from Myrdda! I love boxes like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014 06:19:04 PM »

So glad you like it all! I got the ribbon on Etsy!  Luckily I have some left to make my own key fob. I noticed we totally have the same counters!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014 06:20:19 PM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chuck Close Explains How He Paints with a Grid
Gale Fulton Ross Interview
The History of the Batmobile
Painting Cowboys on Canvas
Face Paint: Creating the Butterfly Wing Details
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...