A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 315,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Woodland Creature & Enchanted Forest Swap Sign ups May 12-24 Send outs June 24  (Read 93360 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2014 07:20:33 AM »

Checking in! I have a small started! I'm thinking if what the big thing will be for my partner. I have a few extras too! I saw someone mention Goodwill earlier, who else gets supplies at the thrift store? I find really good stuff sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my! Last time I was at Goodwill I got a HUGE bag of large swatches of fabric from Macys for $2. I love it! I keep finding ways to use them and they r so pretty! It's all of the bedding and drapery fabrics that they sell Wink

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2014 08:22:58 AM »

Oh my! Last time I was at Goodwill I got a HUGE bag of large swatches of fabric from Macys for $2. I love it! I keep finding ways to use them and they r so pretty! It's all of the bedding and drapery fabrics that they sell Wink

Oh my--- jealous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2014 08:47:06 AM »

I do most my shopping at thrift shops, crafting or no.  My best find was a huge amount of glass doll eyes for 69 cents a pair.  Most of them were still in their original bags and had 15$ or higher price tags on them.  And a very long time ago, I bought huge bags of blue and pink safety eyes in 3 different sizes at a thrift from a local crafts store that had closed down.  I still have and use those all the time Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
pjr107
« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2014 09:30:04 AM »

I don't often get supplies from goodwill or thrift stores, ours get picked clean really really fast.  I like to hit the clearance bins of the three big local craft stores Smiley 

I have to finish up my poppet swap and then I can stop dividing my crafting time as much.  I have one ____ just about finished and ready to start _______.  I can see this swap is going to be an "extras" party Smiley

-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2014 09:41:13 AM »

I love it when I find gems at second-hand stores or clearance bins.

I have had to put my enchanted project on hold to finish up a couple of swaps. I have to resist making little forest critters for just a few more days. Argh!

And yeah, this might be quite the "extras" party. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

STS Shop Spring 2016
50 in 2014
50 in 2015
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2014 09:46:14 AM »

I get supplies at the Goodwill up the street from my grandma's nursing home from time to time.  They opened about a year ago, and I really like them.  They are clean, well organized, and get some really good stuff.  They are located just a stone's throw from several well to do neighborhoods.  Plus, a lady that works there, told me they buy what doesn't sell from Target and the mall a ways down the street.  Most of the time they have good prices.  But, not always.  I stop in about once a week, sometimes more than that.  I get all my clothes there, sometimes jewelry, sometimes children's books because I collect them.  I buy craft books there, and I buy stuff there to resell on eBay.  I don't like the Goodwill up the street from me. They are dirty, crowded, and unorganized.  I used what I got there, in an item for this swap yesterday.  I had to have my husband use wire cutters on it, to get them off.  How's that for intrigue PJ?   Grin  Yes, our party is definitely an extras party.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2014 10:39:22 AM »

I'm still in the supply gathering stage! I'm in another swap and I'm getting close to being done with that one and then I will be onto this one! I will be out of town next week at te beach, so I probably won't be on much. Luckily, my medium is easy to transport with me and I will be diligently working on it while I'm gone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Currently Crafting: Baby Bean 2.0 due June 2016!
smileyyogini

Yarn Junkee

« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2014 11:19:14 AM »

I moved to Texas last year and I am still on the prowl for a "good" thrift store to call home. I have found one or two but not alot of stuff...mostly clothes and furniture. I hear there is one not to far away that I will love. But with the little one "not to far away" is usually too far away. LOL

I did manage a morning at Joanns today! And he is sleeping like a rock because of it. Double yay!

I got a few supplies for the swap.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

www.MelodyCrochet.com
http://www.ravelry.com/people/Smileyyogini
http://www.pinterest.com/MelodyCrochet/
https://www.instagram.com/melodycrochet/

Crafting Christmas in July and Common Thread Swap!
VERY open to personal swaps Cheesy Message me!
Smeddley

« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2014 12:19:44 PM »

A few years ago I got a set of interchangeable knitting needles at a Savers for $6, the kind that is $69 at the craft store.  But since thrift stores have gotten "trendy" I've noticed a marked increase in price - half the time their yarn is *more* expensive than I could get it at JoAnn with a coupon or sale... And I've seen Red Heart priced *higher* than Wal-Mart's everyday price.

I did get a good deal on a bag of embroidery hoops recently, and a decent price on some cross-stitch fabric.

Mostly I stick with craft stores, I'm not patient enough to wait and find what I want!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2014 12:24:17 PM »

The price increases at thrift are all Macklemore and Ryan Lewis's faults.  They made thrifting hip and cool again Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper
Valerie Harper Talks About Her Audiobook I, Rhoda
Manology Cover Shoot With Tyrese and Rev Run
Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
Crafting Contagious Content Using Triggers
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...