A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fresh from the kiln (pic heavy)  (Read 517 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pjr107
« on: May 08, 2014 07:26:39 PM »

I've had a few things piling up but we finally fired last night with some good results and some not so great including a ding bat moment for me.... ("Um, what glaze color is that? " "White"  " Are you sure there's glaze on it? "  " Of course, I remember glazing it."
Yeah well.... I must have been having a brain fart moment. And on to the results....

Yep... It's supposed to be white. Oh well, I can just paint on some flowers Smiley

Tiger kitty.  The glaze didn't flux properly so I'm going to clean it up and refire it.

This little birdie found a rogue flame but the other side had some issues to like it was under fired.

This is my favorite! The colors can out great Smiley

Thanks for looking!
-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blue Rose
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014 01:17:32 PM »

Lovely! I actually like the bird a lot. It is always nice to have a surprise effect on one's projects :-)
The last cat's colors are awesome :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjr107
Re:
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014 01:12:10 AM »

Thank you so much Blue Rose! I do like the bird as well, it's more of the "I know how it should look" in my head.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014 06:00:59 PM »

I LOVE the cat. I mean the shape is awesome.

I have always found that opening the kiln is a surprise because nothing usually comes out the way you expect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
pjr107
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014 07:45:38 PM »

I LOVE the cat. I mean the shape is awesome.

I have always found that opening the kiln is a surprise because nothing usually comes out the way you expect.

Oh that is so true! It's even more interesting with smoked pieces because it's not just opening the kiln but waiting for it to come out of the newspaper that smokes it and then yet another look because it still has to have the soot cleaned off.

-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014 04:46:08 AM »

Oh that is so true! It's even more interesting with smoked pieces because it's not just opening the kiln but waiting for it to come out of the newspaper that smokes it and then yet another look because it still has to have the soot cleaned off.

-pj

Haven't tried that yet.....on the to do list.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

pjr107
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014 08:51:47 AM »

-pj

Once you start, its hard to stop!  I keep trying to put some work in the electric kiln but I'm too far over on the dark side with raku Smiley

-p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014 06:34:54 AM »

-pj

Once you start, its hard to stop!  I keep trying to put some work in the electric kiln but I'm too far over on the dark side with raku Smiley

-p

I am just venturing into stoneware so I don't need any more distractions  Shocked Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014 12:28:25 PM »

I actually like the skull not white. It's very simple in design but still attractive. The calico kitty is so well done! The colors did come out great. Did you use a mold or was it shaped by hand?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
pjr107
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014 06:59:19 PM »

I actually like the skull not white. It's very simple in design but still attractive. The calico kitty is so well done! The colors did come out great. Did you use a mold or was it shaped by hand?

Thank you !

The cat (and everything else) is shaped by hand. Every time I try and use molds it's not pretty... So why bother! 

Thanks again
PJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Creates Famous Images on Morning Breakfast
Affordable Wall Artwork
Artist Hong Yi Explains Her Flower Portraits
Embellished Totes For Earth Day
Repurposing Cans Into Ribbon Covered Vases
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...