A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 301,533
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Look, I Can Read! Fave Kids Books Gallery  (Read 12726 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Early Bird Special

Formerly "sewwabisabi"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2005 04:00:01 PM »

Wow, worthwhilegirl!  You did get a lot of cute stuff!  I love the snowball idea.  That is *too* sweet.   Smiley

Kendaljay, I look forward to the flaker update & I'm ready for action, whenever and for whomever!   Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliel85
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Serial Crafter

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2005 08:04:52 PM »

I love all the snowy day stuff!  In fact, I love all the stuff.  Whether eterne ends up sending or I get crafts from other wonderful crafters, I know I'm in good hands.  You guys rock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2005 07:22:03 AM »

I'm glad you could post pics, because as I think I mentioned, my hubby took our camera cable to work so I can't post any pics right now (and I really want to post pics of my awesome Frances stuff, too!)

One of my very favorite pictures in the book is where Peter is looking in his pocket for the snowball and it's gone (as used on the lid of the box) but I couldn't figure out how to use that picture.  I happened to be in Michael's and saw that yarn, white with iridescent sparkles, and I thought "Oh man, I'm makin' a snowball!!"  Don't you love that kind of inspiration?  Grin  Oh, and btw, I had in mind that the snowflake side of the journal is the back cover, but since it's a blank book, I guess it can go either way!  Wink

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2005 08:42:47 AM »

I'm glad you could post pics, because as I think I mentioned, my hubby took our camera cable to work so I can't post any pics right now (and I really want to post pics of my awesome Frances stuff, too!)

One of my very favorite pictures in the book is where Peter is looking in his pocket for the snowball and it's gone (as used on the lid of the box) but I couldn't figure out how to use that picture.  I happened to be in Michael's and saw that yarn, white with iridescent sparkles, and I thought "Oh man, I'm makin' a snowball!!"  Don't you love that kind of inspiration?  Grin  Oh, and btw, I had in mind that the snowflake side of the journal is the back cover, but since it's a blank book, I guess it can go either way!  Wink

Melinda

I was so excited about all of it I didn't even realize til I read your post that my pictures are of the wrong side!! I did see both sides but I guess in all my giddiness I took a picture of the wrong one!! I will remedy that tonight!! Thanks again Melinda!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005 08:46:14 AM by worthwhilegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
xmelinda
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2005 11:08:47 AM »

Oh, I wasn't criticizing or anything!  I just thought it was funny -- being a blank book, it could go either way until you write in it -- or you could write on both sides!  Grin  One thing I really love about Ezra Jack Keats' art is that it looks like craft, all cut-paper and fabric.  All those lovely pink and blue snowflakes are rubber stamped.  Very cool!  I love his other books, too.

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2005 11:36:12 AM »

oh. i love the snowball!!  that's what i need here in texas.  Wink  and the book too w/ the snowflakes on it.  looks great for listing all your christmas gifty ideas and wants!  great job xmelinda!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2005 02:04:49 PM »

Oh, I wasn't criticizing or anything!  I just thought it was funny -- being a blank book, it could go either way until you write in it -- or you could write on both sides!  Grin  One thing I really love about Ezra Jack Keats' art is that it looks like craft, all cut-paper and fabric.  All those lovely pink and blue snowflakes are rubber stamped.  Very cool!  I love his other books, too.

Melinda

I didn't think you were criticizing! I am really being honest that I was just so excited that I didn't even realize as I took the pics!!

So here is the front or back of the journal (depending on how you look at it) Wink

I love Ezra Jack Keats' art as well. I think that is why I was drawn to it as a small child. The simplicity of the words and pictures make them wonderful!!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 03:56:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quinston
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2005 02:47:46 PM »

TabaRhodes, I couldn't tell who made your bag but I love, love Love your bag from the Bunny Book
with the turtle and the hare.  ADORABLE!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2005 02:49:41 PM »

I just realized that monfrere didn't post a picture of what I sent her yet so I will!! Her book was the butter battle book by Dr. Seuss. It's about a war between the Zooks & the Yooks over the proper way to eat your bread- butter side up or down.

I sent her a t-shirt done with a multi-layer stencil of some of the cover art, two tea towels embroidered with butter side up & butter side down, a big felt die that she can roll to help her decide how to eat her bread & a VHS copy of the cartoon version of the book.

Here are the pics:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2005 03:14:54 PM »

that is all so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pickle Stuffed Sliders
Mac and Cheese 2.0 Recipe
How to Make Cajun Style Mayonnaise
How to Make Cajun Style Shrimp Linguine
How to Make Cajun Gumbo
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...