A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Look, I Can Read! Fave Kids Books Gallery  (Read 11275 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2005 12:31:59 AM »

Does anyone think there will be a round two to this one? Oddly, a short while ago my sister found a bunch of our old books and I thought "it would be awesome to have a swap where you trade children's books and then do crafts based on them." Literally the next I got on to craftster and saw the sign-ups for this, sadly I was in the midst of my first swap so I could not join in
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fadeawaydream
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2005 02:26:30 PM »

Yay! I got my package from monfrere yesterday. (: My book was Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson--the story: Harold is a little boy who can't sleep at night so he draws himself into wonderful adventures with his big purple crayon. (: Anyhow, here's what I received:

Everything: Pouch, handmade book, mini book, mini colored pencils, candy, notecard, and I really don't know what the elephant-looking thing is :/

My favorites: the pouch (with Harold's route embroidered in purple!) and the handmade travel journal--it's so well made! How did you get your pages so even!? Did you get them cut somewhere?

Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2005 04:30:34 PM »

oohh...cute journal fadeawaydream!  great job monfrere!

Does anyone think there will be a round two to this one?

i'm sure there will be...this one has been loads of fun!! Cheesy

and i got pics up finally of the stuff i sent to emmyliz...so here we go:
she had 2 books:  Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (about a town where it rains food) and The Facts and Fictions of Mina Pratt (a young girl who loves music)
first an overview of the whole packie

next the bagel mobile with forks and spoons.   Wink

and the hamburger tote that I sewed MYSELF!!! <my first time> the inside is the hamburger print all over

a charm bracelet with musical instruments

a bookmark with 2 of Mozart's pieces on each side

and a journal made from a sheet music notebook (the guys at the music store already think i'm weird for buying 52 guitar picks at a time, now they just think i'm insane for buying sheet music: "what kind do you need, guitar, piano?"  me: "it doesn't matter".  "oookay"  Grin

have you ever noticed that you take more pics of the stuff you send?  hmm...well i'm about to take pics of my fantabulous book from grasshopper's mom and there will be TONS!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005 05:32:48 PM by kendaljay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2005 05:31:00 PM »

okay, i got pictures taken!!  are you ready?  yeah....so i realized that if i put all the pics that i took on here, it would seriously overrun the page.  so i'm going to put a few of my faves and you can go view the rest here: http://photobucket.com/albums/v412/kendaljay/Wild%20Things/ (feel free to look thru the rest of my albums if you want) sorry about the shadows and the ugly linoleum; i was taking them in the kitchen!
so here is the front cover and the spine.  she put a window inside the front cover (that opens and closes which my sister pointed out to me!)

and the first 2 pages, she used stamps, ribbons, tags, pull out pages and all kinds of fun stuff on the pages!

the middle pages are about Maurice Sendak, the author.  btw...i did not know that he did another book with Max!  now i have to go find it!

a close up of the pockets that contain.....lesson plans for when i have my own classroom!!   Shocked and these pages where sewn together and then had cool beads weaved throughout

the last pages with another cutout and a cool sun charm inside the little window

okay...go to the above link for more great pictures!  i am so in love with this book....you have no idea!  i'm a wee bit obsessed with Wild Things.  to give you an idea, here is a small list of Wild Things "stuff" i have:
a full set of the monsters & Max statues, a monster puppet, a small max doll/stuffy and monster, a journal, the wild things stamp, the book in hardbound and 2 in paperback, hmm...i know there's more.  anyway, thank you so much Grasshopper's MOM!!!  Kiss
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005 05:33:22 PM by kendaljay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2005 05:59:02 PM »

Does anyone think there will be a round two to this one? Oddly, a short while ago my sister found a bunch of our old books and I thought "it would be awesome to have a swap where you trade children's books and then do crafts based on them." Literally the next I got on to craftster and saw the sign-ups for this, sadly I was in the midst of my first swap so I could not join in

I would join a round 2
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fort_loop
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005 06:26:23 PM »

I would join a round 2
I would too. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Early Bird Special

Formerly "sewwabisabi"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005 07:14:25 PM »

HOLY COW!  Kendaljay, that Wild Things book is incredible!  You're one lucky gal. 

I would join round 2 as well.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2005 10:24:51 PM »

I would join a round 2
I would too. 

Me three. Can we make it happen?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emmyliz
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2005 01:22:06 PM »

Wow, that Wild Things book is amazing!  Shocked

kendaljay, thanks for posting pics of the stuff you sent me.  I finally got around to taking some pictures just now, so I'm glad that you got here before me.

I did want to make sure that everyone got to see the cool hamburger print fabric inside the tote bag, so here it is:

And I'm not the only one who loves the bagel mobile.  My cat Franklin thinks it's pretty cool, too.  Here he is interrupting my photo shoot to play with it:

Thanks again for all the great stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monfrere
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2005 07:10:12 PM »

i got my package in from worthwhile girl (it was waiting for me when i got back tonight) and everything is perfect! i will post  a picture of the sweet loot i got tomorrow....but i just wanted to say thank you for now, this was a perfect first swap + i can't wait to do another one!
p.s. natalie i'm happy you like everything! : ) the purple elephant thing is a paper balloon, if you just blow a little air into the hole on top it will inflate! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Our 5 Minute Makeup Routine
Costello Tagliapietra Fall 2014 NYFW Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Miss USA Nia Sanchez LIVE
You’ll Never Guess The First Thing Miss USA Ate After Her Victory
See Makeup Pro Kandee Johnson Transform Into Taylor Swift
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...