A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,146
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Look, I Can Read! Fave Kids Books Gallery  (Read 11117 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

emmyliz
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005 09:32:29 AM »

Everything looks (or sounds) great so far!  I can't wait until hollydaze gets my stuff!  (I really hope you like it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cindylund
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005 11:33:41 AM »

I'm glad you liked everything, sleepygirl!  I forgot to include a note in the package, so i wanted to let you know the t-shirt is an iron on transfer and the directions say that you shouldn't put it in the drier.  i hope I'm not too late in letting you know!  i was just uploading a bunch of photos so i thought i'd post mine while im at it.  here's the stuff i made:

inspired by Katie Morag delivers the mail-
the t-shirt

and a close up

the fishing lure earrings (one of the packages she delivers is fishing lures)

and the mail-bag

inspired by the patchwork cat-
notecards
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_androidette
_luscious_

__beep. boop. beep__

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005 11:39:15 AM »

_/lurking
cindylund those fishing lure earrings are fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_!cheap robotic thrill with [AA] batteries required& coin operated heart || 'kissed the boys and made them cry with curves and kissers and pearly whites'
juliel85
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005 12:53:10 PM »

I love the notecards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005 05:13:10 AM »

ooh...i love the notecards too!!

and, i am VERY excited to say that i got my package from grasshopper's mom tuesday!!! (Sorry, i called in stupid at work yesterday, so didn't get to post!)  and really, all i can say is "WOW!!!"  my book was Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak and she decided to do an altered book themed to Max and the Wild Things.  it is truly amazing!  it is absolutely gorgeous!  i can not believe the amount of work you put into it!  i can't stop using exclamation points!!!   Roll Eyes  anyway, i really really REALLY love it, it's going to need it's own shelf (along w/ my wild thing statues i got a few years ago) and i will definately get pictures up this weekend of it.  but if you have pictures already, Grasshopper's Mom <teehee...she even put that on the address label!> please post them so everyone can see the great job you did!!  Kiss  thank you so much!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
Early Bird Special

Formerly "sewwabisabi"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005 05:21:21 AM »

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post a picture of the tote bag I sent to Emilyflew.  She said she got it last week, but I haven't seen the pics in our gallery yet, so here goes:

I also sent her a charm bracelet covered in cars, trucks, planes, trains, helicopters, and other vintage buttons.  I attempted to take a picture, but it was too shoddy.   Tongue

By the way, everyone's items look REALLY great!  I just loved participating in this swap & hope to see a round 2 sometime soon. 

xoxo
Amy

PS, I can't wait to see what I get! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollydaze

Best things I ever made.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005 05:46:38 AM »

I recieved the following from Emmyliz; a journal , a bracelet, a set of magnets and a treasure box. 

The two books I sent were the Secret Garden and Thumbelina, so the journal and the bracelet have keys on them.  I love keys! 

The magnets are scenes from Thumbelina and the treasure box was inspired by Thumbelina's lily:

Thanks, Emmyliz!  Everything looks great.  You did an amazing job! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're not totally at the mercy of the wind, or of life.  Wind is essentially a chaotic phenomenon, but you can still sail in it.
emmyliz
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005 06:17:44 AM »

Glad to hear you like my stuff, hollydaze.  I am really enjoying seeing everyone's stuff.  sewwabisabi, that tote bag is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005 06:19:11 AM »

thanks for putting up the pictures sewwabisabi! My camera has been having some issues. Isn't the bag awesome, everyone? I've been using it every day since I got it, and getting lots of compliments on it. I LOVE it! The bracelet it really really cute too, with all these colorful things that go. By the way, the book I sent was Cars and Trucks and Things that Go, by Richard Scarry--soo good. Someone at my book club last night recognized that the bag was from that book, more proof that you did a great job, sewwabisabi. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
grasshopper

Do you like me? Make an assessment.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005 10:19:52 AM »

On behalf of Grasshopper's Mom: COOL!  I was afraid that she would think "Uh, sure."  But, she liked it! 

I called Mom at home and told her what you said, kendaljay!  She was so glad you liked it!!  And now you can see why I wanted to thieve it from the mailman before he put it in his bag!!  YIPPEE!  Cheesy Grin Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The time has come
The walrus said
To talk of many things-
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairdressing Essentials Tool Kit Bag
How to Get a Quiff
Use Dry Shampoo to Make Your Blowout Last for Days
Emo Hair: Haircuts for Boys
Emo Hair: Haircuts for Girls
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...