A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spirit/Intention Doll Swap (S.U. CLOSED!; MAIL BY 6/2/14)  (Read 12445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

P_E_S_T
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2014 03:03:16 PM »

I'm alive Smiley)))) I have almost made one set - will finish and potentially post tomorrow leaving the weekend free for more Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
Alittlemusthave

Another cup of tea ?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2014 05:04:16 PM »

Well my doll is all finished and has been sent off to my partner stellou, yesterday!
All I can say is that it involved wrapped fabrics and fibres, handmade beads, something in polymer clay Wink( and I'm not talking about the face), something made from shrink plastic and  something made by wrapped wire.
That's all I can say....... Wink
Good luck everyone, I can't wait to see everyone's beautiful dolls in the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2014 06:56:07 PM »

OK I just want to show you all what I found in my Mother's & Grandma's sewing basket that I haven't looked at for awhile. A lot of laces & I think tatting also. A few beads & such! I still need a few leaves & maybe some rose petals & a few charms. A lot of it is in my head. But I'll be putting it together soon!

I think my Grandma made most of it. I don't remember my Mother doing tatting or the small crochet & my Grandma did. I also didn't do it either. I do some simple crochet but not the tiny one. Just thought some of you might like to see!
Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2014 08:01:52 PM »

Those are gorgeous, Sharalee! I love looking at my great grandmother's crochet and tatting. I got a lot of her stuff, since I'm the crafty one in the family. I love feeling connected to her that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2014 10:00:52 PM »

OK I just want to show you all what I found in my Mother's & Grandma's sewing basket that I haven't looked at for awhile. A lot of laces & I think tatting also. A few beads & such! I still need a few leaves & maybe some rose petals & a few charms. A lot of it is in my head. But I'll be putting it together soon!
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz89/SharaLee2/20140514_154528.jpg
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz89/SharaLee2/20140514_154722.jpg
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz89/SharaLee2/20140514_154843.jpg

I think my Grandma made most of it. I don't remember my Mother doing tatting or the small crochet & my Grandma did. I also didn't do it either. I do some simple crochet but not the tiny one. Just thought some of you might like to see!
Thanks for looking!
sharelee, you have no idea of the heavenly spin you just put me in x
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014 06:18:54 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2014 11:16:45 PM »

Thanks grasshopper for checking in! It is good to know that you are still with us and crafting!

All those ideas and shapes and possibilities! I love it!!

I'm hoping to make good progress today 😀

Will set up the gallery as soon as my Ipad and internet start working together, since working on my phone is .. Complicated. Changing my spelling all the time and that tiny screen are driving me crazy 😳
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything...

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2014 06:13:03 AM »

I have no doubt that your doll will be awesome Raging Sloth. You are very talented and have innovative ideas that will make lemon pie out of lemons. Mmmm... Pie.

On a different note, I am moving along at a good clip on my doll, until I decided to bead parts of it. What was I thinking? Oh yes, that beaded elements would look great, and they do, so on I will bead! I also added a second spirit doll to my pile in a swap with Abeeroad who missed the sign-up. I am excited to start on hers too as it will have a very different feel than the one I am making for my swap partner.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Omg you are so sweet artsycandice!  Cheesy That is just the nicest complement. I can't wait to see your beading!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madcrafter
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2014 08:26:05 AM »

Thank you Wendiek for the hanger ideas I never thought about a simple ribbon.  So I scaled back the size of the doll to be lighter and hang better.

Sharelee it is very generous of you to share your family treasures.  From the pictures I was able to identify tatting, bobbin lace and crochet.  Be sure to keep some lace for projects for your own family.  It is a great way to share a bit of our family and handmade lace is very scarce.   If you want to keep up the tradition of tatting there is now an easier form called needle tatting.  Even I was able to learn!

Grasshopper I didn't doubt you were still around.  Unfortunately I am way behind making your doll.  It took a while to decide on the size and shape.  I ended up just cutting out a paper doll and then traced around it on to some fabric.  The fabric is now in an embroidery frame being embellished.  If you don't mind I would prefer that you wait to send the doll.  I would feel awful getting my surprise before you.  If you do send the doll I will try not to open it before I'm finished.  But I think it would drive me nuts trying not to open the package.

Looks like I need to really embroider and bead faster!

Thanks
Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2014 08:49:51 AM »

I've only made a start on my doll, but hope to work on it today....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2014 10:33:27 AM »

"dhamara_rebel" & "P_E_S_T"  Thanks for the nice comments!

"Sharelee it is very generous of you to share your family treasures.  From the pictures I was able to identify tatting, bobbin lace and crochet.  Be sure to keep some lace for projects for your own family.  It is a great way to share a bit of our family and handmade lace is very scarce.   If you want to keep up the tradition of tatting there is now an easier form called needle tatting.  Even I was able to learn!"

"madcrafter" thanks for Identifying the different laces. Also I will keep some laces for my family & make some things for them. I just might try that needle tatting thanks so much!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014 10:35:22 AM by Sharalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fiesta Corn Relish Recipe
Baked Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy Recipe
Best Ever Oven Baked Tuna Casserole Recipe
Cheddar Apple Crisp Recipe
After Easter Cheddar Ham Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...