A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to fix pyjama looking pants?  (Read 1541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eludrea
« on: April 27, 2014 07:52:33 AM »

Hey everyone!

So I made some pants of a fabric I really love and they turned out looking like a pyjama :/

Anyone has got an idea how to fix that or what to make else out of it?

Here is what I am talking about!

Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014 11:22:55 AM by meleriffic - Reason: Revealed images for new member. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WeeFreeRhie
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014 06:05:05 PM »

I'd say add a flat waist band and a zip or buttons, rather than an elastic waist. And maybe make the legs more fittedn, like a skinny-jean type look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yippie-ki-yay FELLOW CRAFTERS! Cheesy
steiconi
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014 12:27:32 AM »

but they look so comfortable!

quick fix:  press them with a crease up the front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams
nikkic26
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015 11:07:58 PM »

Or.............you can take them in in a different spot i found out about a few years ago and i just love the effect. My jeans were getting this saggy lower butt thing and being one of my fav pairs i sleeked help on what to do to make them fit better. and i was instructed to try this method i just lov to do to any of my pants that   turn them inside out and grab the top of the crouch seam in one hand and the top of the back seam in the other hand....see a scoop from front to back? stitch along that arch from front to back like maybe a 1/4 of an inch if you need more you can always do it again. then cut seam allowance close to the stitch line (but not too close) then clip your curves and then finish with Fray Check!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...that is one of my fav sewing tools!!!!!!!!!!!!
-you will want to try on the pants inside out after you do the stitch. because you can always take out the stitch and try something else, but thats kinda impossible if you've already cut the fabric! lol good luck hun!!!!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

☆.**`.Nikki.**`.☆
steiconi
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015 06:16:16 PM »

If I understand what you're saying, you're stitching 1/4" in from the original stitch line all along the crotch seam from front waistband to back waistband?

That will lower the crotch by 1/2", making the pants looser there.  It will also make them narrower by an inch all around the waist and hips.  It won't change the legs.

Or.............you can take them in in a different spot i found out about a few years ago and i just love the effect. My jeans were getting this saggy lower butt thing and being one of my fav pairs i sleeked help on what to do to make them fit better. and i was instructed to try this method i just lov to do to any of my pants that   turn them inside out and grab the top of the crouch seam in one hand and the top of the back seam in the other hand....see a scoop from front to back? stitch along that arch from front to back like maybe a 1/4 of an inch if you need more you can always do it again. then cut seam allowance close to the stitch line (but not too close) then clip your curves and then finish with Fray Check

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015 06:18:50 PM by steiconi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Holiday Bingo
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...