A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Absolutely STUCK with journal project, help?  (Read 306 times)
Tags for this thread: journaling , 365_day_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyChicka
« on: April 22, 2014 09:52:58 PM »

Hey Everyone!

This past year, around November, I decided I wanted to record special (but fleeting) moments each day for a year between those few people that I see every single day.  This could be something as simple as a laugh attack, or something as memorable as a trip, but it's more to show that there's something good that happens every day, regardless of how the year in total 'summed up' (as humans we tend to dwell on the negatives forgetting the positives).

ANYWAY- sorry for the ramble Smiley

I purchased handmade journals, 3 of them. One for each person.  The first journal I purchased, I wasn't thinking straight, so I had a journal created with 250 pages, or 500 sides.

Problem here is if I want to do one page per day, I don't have enough.  If I do one side of the page per one day, I have too much.

This is where i'm stuck. 

Do I do the art-journal with mixed media (and wording of course) per each side of the sheets, and add a collage of photos to the end/mixed in to eat up those extra papers?

Do I dedicate 1 page (preferably skipping page one, using the back of 1 and front of 2 to create a large page, and continuing on) but only map out the weeks (52 pages that way)?

Do i finagle a way to adhere additional pages into the journal randomly to bump up to 350?

I'm starting to understand just how ambitious this was for me Tongue  Any help would be much appreciated.  I'd love to start actually putting all the information I have into the journals soon!

Thanks for the help in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014 04:26:29 AM »

I don't think there is a set formula for how you have to do it.  It could differ from day to day, it doesn't have to be the same from day to day - just do what feels right, but it is pointless to stress over it because that will defeat you in the end because it should be an invigorating creative process that should stimulate and refresh you.  Sometimes maybe all you need to do is at the end of the day doodle a bit or write down a significant thought, quote, event, word and flesh it out later when you have more time.  Or when you are creating, take any left over ink, paint, or gesso, scrap papers, and prep some random blank pages to get you started on the future - whatever it may be.  Sometimes staring at the blank page can be intimidating and doing some random pre prepped pages may take some of that away.  I have done that with tags and just that process of applying seemingly purposeless pattern and colour can it self be therapeutic and creatively satisfying.   That alone can inspire something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
thejournalceo
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014 04:11:45 PM »

Hmm. Maybe some days get 2 sides, and some get 1 side? Or themed sections for special vacations, older memories, etc.?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014 06:49:42 PM »

I think that some days are pretty eventful, while others are a bit on the dull side. You might find that one page just isn't enough sometimes to capture all the awesome stuff you want to capture, while on other days, you're running short on material. So I think it will all work out for you! Also, you can think of tearing out pages if you want and making things like pockets or pages that fold out. Just because a journal comes with a certain number of pages doesn't mean the pages have to stay in there! Grin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Mini Bridge Feature in Adobe Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Crop Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Content Aware Fill Tool on Adobe Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Brush Panel on Adobe Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Text Layout Framework in Adobe Flash Professional CS5
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...