For the Art Doll swap I repainted an old porcelain doll and dressed her up in Steampunk clothes.
When I got her she looked like this:
I comed her hair out with conditioner and styled it again. That worked wonders!
I painted her face and eyes with acrylic paints. This scratched off really easily so I was very careful and then put a coat of Modpodge over everything.
I made the goggles out of some travel size shampoo bottle lids. I cut them at an angle with a hot knife and painted them.
I made her shirt and skirts and corset. Everything is sewn on, which is much easier than making clothing that can come off. Also, using felt for the aviator cap, goggles and boots made things much easier too because I don't have to hem them!
I was having a hard time making her shoes until I came up with this boot idea (they are glued to her feet!)
Shas lots of little details: hooks on her corset, a gear necklace and bag made from an actual clock, clips on her outer skirt, rivets on her sleeves and boots.
My favorite material for this project was the gold leaf paint. It looks just beautiful, I used it as a highlight on the googles and corset hooks. Love that stuff!