A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: decoupage a wall  (Read 1968 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gagreel
snickerdoodle cookie

I heart Queen

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2004 06:35:37 PM »

Does anyone know how i could decoupage an entire wall.....i don't think mod podge would work...is there something else i could use.
Thanks Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I never paint my dreams or nightmares, I only paint my own reality"   -Frida Kahlo
Goddess
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004 06:37:33 PM »

would you need to be able to take this stuff down eventually? or would this be a permanent installation?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gagreel
snickerdoodle cookie

I heart Queen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004 07:09:48 PM »

uhh....i'm planning on living there a while but let's say temporary.

what should i do

or at least how could i organize my posters in a cute way instead of just taping them up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I never paint my dreams or nightmares, I only paint my own reality"   -Frida Kahlo
Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004 08:20:06 PM »

Well you could frame your posters!

I don't think you can modge podge directly on the wall, if you plan to leave, but maybe you could create (depending on the size of your wall) say 12 pieces of wood, or cardboard cut to the size of 10 by 10, and mod podge on those, and install them on the wall. That way you can take them down, but still get the same look. Or even three or four big long panels..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004 12:41:36 AM »

as Lia said, the best way to go is to collage or to mod podge large pieces of whatever ( I have used posterboard cut to the size of the wall) and tack them up to the wall
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheeshoo
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004 08:51:33 AM »

I too would suggest decoupaging plywood or something you can remove easily later. Poster board may curl really bad from the moisture of the adhesives you'd use. But foam core or mat board would probably stand up to the gluing and be lightweight to hang on the wall

If you don't want to use that much Mod Podge, you could try spray adhesive or wallpaper paste. Watered down pvc (white) glue would work also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004 01:45:53 PM »

I have a great thing that's called a Crayola Poster Picture Stick, which (imperminently) attaches psoters, etc. to your wall. I've made 2 collages on my wall (framed right on the wall) with this glue stick. Just you have to put on a little sparingly so the picture doesn't rip, but it leaves such a tiny bit of residue that it's worth getting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbie

I didn't lose my mind... i sold it on ebay!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004 04:44:14 PM »

just paint ur wall oh my friend outlined her body on her wall and painted it so it looks like shes hoding her pics and standing by her mirror sorry i don't have pics!!!any questions???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cinderemma
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004 10:15:49 AM »

I'm in the middle of decoupaging my closet ceiling. Modge Podge should work for you (It worked for me) I have a medium sized walk-in closet that I use as an art room (I have enough room for a small table, a chair, and a shelf for my stuff. So far the ceiling looks really good. Hopefully I'll finish soon! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peach Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make Fruit Roll-Ups
How to Make a Summer Granita
Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe For Summer
Sweet Corn Ice Cream?
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...