A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amateur Drafted Crafter from Northern California  (Read 247 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlexanderW
« on: April 12, 2014 04:57:00 PM »

Hey everyone, my name is Luke and I'm an eighteen year old college student from Nothern California.  My girlfriend, TiffanyCrow, recently started a craft business and roped me into helping her.  Since then, I've been experimenting with various crafts trying to find my niche.  She has been swapping a lot recently, and thought I might enjoy it too, so here I am.  With that in mind, I'm making this my first post towards the 15 I need to get started.

My primary crafting interests (successful, I think), are:
-Chainmail Jewelry, Keychains, and whatever looks doable.  So far I've mostly just stolen designs I've liked and ran with it, but I don't stick to other's designs well so I usually just take the idea and make it work.
-Hollowing Out Books, to make hide-away-books.  This was my first success in crafting things on my own since I was little.
-I have cross-stitched in the past, always simple with a printed design to stich on.  If memory serves they all turned out well (Chrsitmas gifts for relatives)
-Wire Wrapping various objects, mostly keys so far.  I like the different curves they have to play with.  I don't have a huge supply of beads to wrap with, so it is mostly just a base object and the various wire colors.

My other artistic interests (failures, but I haven't given up yet), are:
-Pencil Drawing, color and non-color.  I have relatively little-no talent to speak of in this field, but it is also such a basic skill that I think should be given more love.  I'd love to be able to even just accurately sketch out the things that show up in my head most days, but some sceneries and situations would be great if I could at least give a decent representation in picture form.
-Polymer Sculpting small fantasy animals (ok, maybe I gave up on this one...)
-I think computer programming is an art, and therefore I will include it, even if it isn't exactly relevant to swapping.  Computer Science is my major in college, so I will hopefully move this one up to the other list sooner rather than later.

I'm the youngest of five children with three nephews and a niece living in the same house as me.  It's always loud, always roudy (when naps are forgotten), and always interesting when they can tear me away from the computer.  Although... Truthfully I spend most of my time nowadays at school or getting the business started with my girlfriend at her house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TiffanyCrow
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014 05:29:53 PM »

Grin Yay! you are finaly posting!!!

Bwah hahaha now to get you those 15 posts. I have pictures of your keys and books that you can post tonight when you get off work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014 08:17:17 PM »

Welcome and WOW! You are one talented and busy guy. I look forward to seeing what projects you post here on Craftster. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014 11:07:26 AM »

Welcome.  Your girlfriend posted in the OWS swap thread that you just posted your first post here.  So, a warm craftster welcome to you.  Anyways, it was interesting reading your bio.  Ive started to dabble in chain mail bracelets.  Its pretty fun.  And hollow book making is always fun too.  Smiley  I look forward to seeing your projects posted.  And be sure to come join the monthly OWS swap after you have your 15 posts.  Its a pretty awesome swap, to which Im sure TiffanyCrow has told you all about since shes in the swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014 07:10:19 AM »

Hiya! So glad your girlfriend talked you into joining and that all the estrogen floating around didn't frighten you off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tutu Dress
The Wildlife Pins of George G. Harris
Ryan at the Hot Shop
Turning Crafts Into Cash
How to Make a Guitar Pick from a Gift Card
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...