A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny Easter Bunnies and Mini Teddies - free patterns!  (Read 1417 times)
Tags for this thread: easter_bunny , rabbit , bunny , teddy , teddy_bear , bear , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2014 02:59:01 AM »

Over the years I've made lots of tiny amigurumi animals for the Christmas Bazaar at my boys' junior school. I've posted lots of the patterns for them on Craftster, including one for a Tiny Teddy: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=289504.msg3296032#msg3296032

What normally happens is that I make something a few times, then I think of ways to change it, to make it better, or turn it into another animal. In this case another Craftster member, Wayuki, did just that: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=298179.msg3398743#msg3398743

I really liked the way the teddies looked with larger heads, so I tried her pattern, then altered it a bit to suit myself, and made lots of larger teddies (not that large, they're still only 1.75" tall!) for the Bazaar.

Now, I've been meaning to post a few more of the little patterns I've made, and while I was testing these patterns I realised it would be very easy to turn the teddy pattern into a rabbit, just in time for Easter. So, I made some bunnies and teddies in a pastel self-striping yarn, which looked nice and spring-like to me. Then I made the two different sizes of teddy in natural colours, and I made a bunny in brown yarn to look like a little chocolate bunny. All the patterns are below, in their most updated form, I hope you enjoy them.

Tiny Teddy and Little Teddy

Chocolate Bunny

Pattern Info

Abbreviations:
ch = chain
st = stitch or stitches
ss = slip stitch
sc = single crochet (US), double crochet (UK)
dc = double crochet (US), treble crochet (UK)
tog = together
sc2tog = decrease by working two sc together
bob = bobble (see special stitch instructions)
pop = popcorn (see special stitch instructions)
FO = fasten off

General instructions:
Work in rounds unless otherwise stated and do not join rounds unless told to. Use a stitch marker to mark the start of a round - a small piece of different coloured yarn placed under the stitch at the start of the round will do. To start a round, you can use the magic ring method, but I prefer (ch 2, work 6 sc into 1st ch). The first ch is a slip knot so it will expand and if you work the 6 sc over the tail of yarn as well you can use that to pull the hole tight.

When changing colour for the tail of the bunny work the sc before the change until there are two loops left on the hook. Then use the new colour for the final yarn over hook and pull through. When changing back to the main colour after doing a 3dc pop work the last dc of the popcorn until there are two loops left on the hook. Then use the main colour for the final yarn over hook and pull through. Finish making the popcorn st and you will have the main colour on your hook for the next stitch.

Work through both loops of stitches unless otherwise indicated.

Special stitch instructions:
3 dc bob: bobble stitch. YOH (yarn over hook), insert hook into next stitch, YOH and pull through loop, YOH, pull through 2 loops, *YOH, insert hook into same stitch, YOH and pull through loop, YOH, pull through 2 loops, repeat once from*, YOH, pull through all 4 loops on hook.

3 dc pop: popcorn stitch. Work 3 dc into 1 st, take hook out leaving loop, put hook through 1st dc & pull loop through.

4 dc pop: popcorn stitch. Work 4 dc into 1 st, take hook out leaving loop, put hook through 1st dc & pull loop through.

You will need:
Small amount of yarn, any colour you like, in double knitting or worsted weight.
Small amount of white or cream yarn for bunny's tail.
Small amount of yarn for embroidering features.
Small amount of stuffing.
3.5mm (E) hook.
Tapestry needle.

The teddy in the middle is a Little Teddy, the two on the outside are Tiny Teddies.

Tiny Teddy

These teddies really are tiny - depending on the yarn you use they'll be about 3.5 cm/1.5" tall.

Round 1: Ch 2, work 6 sc into 1st ch - 6 st.
Round 2: [2 sc in next st, (3dc bob and sc in next st), 2 sc in next st] 2 times - 12 st.
Round 3 - 4: (2 rounds) Sc in each st around - 12 st.
Round 5: [Sc2tog, sc in next st] 4 times 8 st.
Round 6: [2 sc in next st, sc in next 3 st] 2 times 10 st.
Round 7: Sc in next 4 st, 4dc pop, sc in next 3 st, 4dc pop, sc in next st - 10 st.
Round 8: Sc in each st around - 10 st.
Round 9: 2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 st, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 6 st 12 st.
Round 10: Sc in each st around - 12 st.
Round 11: Sc in next 7 st, 4dc pop, sc in next 3 st, 4dc pop - 12 st.
Round 12: [Sc2tog] 6 times 6 sc. FO, leaving a length of yarn.

Stuff head and body. Push the bobbles on the head outwards and embroider features using black yarn. Use length of yarn to sew up hole at bottom, pulling yarn upwards through body to make sure the bottom is flat.

Little Teddy

These cute little teddies will end up about 4.5 cm/1.75" tall, depending on the yarn you use.

Round 2: 2 sc in each st around - 12 st.
Round 3: [2 sc in next st, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, 3dc pop in next st, 2 sc in next st, sc in next st] 2 times - 18 st.
Round 4 - 6: (3 rounds) Sc in each st around - 18 st.
Round 7: [Sc2tog, sc in next st] 6 times 12 st.
Round 8: [Sc2tog, sc in next 2 st] 3 times 9 st.
Round 9: [2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 st] 3 times 12 st.
Round 10: Sc in next 5 st, 4dc pop, sc in next 4 st, 4dc pop, sc in next st - 12 st.
Round 11 - 12: (2 rounds) Sc in each st around - 12 st.
Round 13: [2 sc in next st, sc in next 3 st] 3 times 15 st.
Round 14: Sc in next 9 st, 4dc pop, sc in next 3 st, 4dc pop, sc in next st - 15 st.
Round 15: [Sc2tog, sc in next 3 st] 3 times 12 st.
Round 16: [Sc2tog] 6 times 6 sc. FO, leaving a length of yarn.

Stuff head and body and embroider features using black yarn. Use length of yarn to sew up hole at bottom, pulling yarn upwards through body to make sure the bottom is flat.

Easter Bunny

This little bunny will end up about 4.5 cm/1.75" tall, not including ears, depending on the yarn you use.

Round 2: [2 sc in next st, (sc and ss into next st, (ear) ch 6, sc into 2nd ch from hook, dc into next 3 ch, sc into next ch, ss back into original st), 2 sc in next st] 2 times - 12 st (the ss used to start the ear counts as a st, and you will work into it on the next round).
Round 3: [2 sc in next st, sc in next st] 6 times 18 st.
Round 4 - 6: (3 rounds) Sc in each st around - 18 st.
Round 7: [Sc2tog, sc in next st] 6 times 12 st.
Round 8: [Sc2tog, sc in next 2 st] 3 times 9 st.
Round 9: [2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 st] 3 times 12 st.
Round 10: Sc in next 5 st, 4dc pop, sc in next 4 st, 4dc pop, sc in next st - 12 st.
Round 11 - 12: Sc in each st around - 12 st.
Round 13: [2 sc in next st, sc in next 3 st] 3 times 15 st.
Round 14: Sc in next 4 st, change to tail colour yarn, 3dc pop, change back to main yarn, sc in next 4 st, 4dc pop, sc in next 3 st, 4dc pop, sc in next st - 15 st.
Round 15: [Sc2tog, sc in next 3 st] 3 times 12 st.
Round 16: [Sc2tog] 6 times 6 sc. FO, leaving a length of yarn.

Stuff head and body and embroider features. Use length of yarn to sew up hole at bottom, pulling yarn upwards through body to make sure the bottom is flat. You can also use this yarn to sew a stitch or two at the bottom of each ear to make sure they're pointing forwards.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoopidou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014 01:07:12 PM »

Too bad I don't know how to knit, I would have made the bunnies. They are  very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014 03:40:58 PM »

A few of these might need to be whipped up quickly to be stuffed in plastic eggs for our Egg Hunt.  As with all your work, I am a fan, the Chocolate Bunny is particularly delightful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014 12:08:33 AM »

Thanks guys! goldfishpollywog, I hope you had time to make a few for Easter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susie in the sky
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014 03:51:41 PM »

Soo cute, thanks for the pattern, I'm going to make some of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014 06:05:28 PM »

I've made a couple, they just need faces.  So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn How To Draw A Reindeer
How To Draw A Cookie Monster
How To Draw A Halloween Cat
How To Draw A Ghost
How To Draw Fish
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...