A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SPAMonster face jewlery  (Read 2013 times)
Tags for this thread: spam , monster , jewelry , fake_fur  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 06, 2014 07:46:02 PM »

So...this is a SPAMonster..

He is trying to look extra huge since he is afraid of you...this is true.  SPAMonsters are afraid of humans.  This particular SPAMonster made friends with my dogs, so I was able to eventually get near enough to tame it.  One of the interesting thing about SPAMonsters is they can change their body shape and configuration.  I was able to get a pic of a lesser seen expression...

Another interesting thing is that you can take their faces off and wear them around like jewelry....I was very surprised by this quality!

Here I am wearing his face like a bracelet.  As you can see, when I lift my hand in the air, he keeps looking at me instead of turning his back.

I was a bit nervous about wearing him around my neck, but he was very gentle and didn't once strangle me in the 3 hours I wore him around the house.

He also works as a head band of sorts.....he would make a wonderful addition to a SPAM inspired belly dance costume as a head piece

OK..ya caught me.  I actually made this little beasty out of a SPAM can.  Here's some pics of the before part..

I was thinking of old school SPAM where the label was printed on the can *snort*..so I eventually had to figure out a way to put the plastic like SPAM label onto the metal tab that gets pulled off to expose the meat...it is meat right?...I used packing tape.  That way I could cover the edges with the tape too.  I also used the packing tape to seal the back of the pull ring.  I then added the safety eyes that I clipped the backs off of.    Then I filled the spaces with glow in the dark paint.  I added grommets to the ends of the SPAM and one in the lower space of the A for the face part.  I just used elastic cord doubled up  so I wouldn't have to have a closer.  Then I pinched the can and glued on the fur...Monster Mischief Made ...and I now have jewelery to wear when I feel like talking way too much Grin       
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014 09:46:19 PM »

And again - only you could think up this use for a container/can! I think the word "spam" is utterly funny - but what is it- some kind of meat product?  In any case, your spaMonster is cute and I love the old fake fur you used. And of course, it's great that it's face comes off Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014 10:04:36 PM »

I partly think the reason SPAM has survived so many years is the funny name Grin
Since I wanted to get my info right, I looked it up and found there is a wiki...or course there is a wiki Grin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28food%29

Here is the home site of SPAM
http://www.spam.com

Though it sounds a bit disturbing, it is kind of yummy once in awhile scrambled into eggs.  Or pan fried till it's just as crispy as bacon Grin
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014 10:05:38 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014 07:41:40 AM »

I love him!! Cheesy  I had no idea they used labels now, either, ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
suereal

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014 07:57:30 AM »

Thanks Sweets4.  Thankfully for me, the label is a plastic and not paper, so it survived my first attempt to glue it to the lid Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014 08:03:42 AM »

Ha, ha, SPAM monster! Only you, suereal. Only you. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
suereal

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014 08:07:59 AM »

*giggle* Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhinestic
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014 08:15:35 AM »

You know, over here in the sunny island I reside in, we have a cafe that serves spam sushi! And I've friends who are crazy about that! This would be so apt for them! ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love the process of creating~
Visit my blog at http://rhinestic81.blogspot.com and my shop at http://rhinesticknickknacks.etsy.com!
suereal

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014 09:31:34 AM »

There is a Hawaiian cafe in Washington state that has tons of SPAM recipes.  I haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhinestic
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014 09:35:37 AM »

Wow!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love the process of creating~
Visit my blog at http://rhinestic81.blogspot.com and my shop at http://rhinesticknickknacks.etsy.com!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Curves in Photoshop
Neon text effect in Photoshop - Tutorial
Ice Text Effect in Photoshop - Tutorial
Create Glossy Sphere in Photoshop - Tutorial
Adobe CS3 Print Workflow - How Compare Different File Types
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...