A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Why is search function so impossible?  (Read 269 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dustyfro
« on: April 05, 2014 09:46:35 PM »

1, I can't even search for phrases of two words together, so I get every thread with both words anywhere in the post.
2, None of the results are relevant at all.  Even if I know exactly what I'm looking for, I can't find it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014 08:30:49 AM »

Sorry about that!

Could you please tell me exactly what you are searching and the method you are using?  A screenshot would be very helpful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
dustyfro
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014 05:16:20 PM »

So, say I'm looking in a swap gallery for the items that a user sent/got.  I go to the gallery thread, enter the username in the search box for "current topic" and get no results.

Or, right now I'm in a skull swap.  I know that there has been one before, and I want to find the gallery.  But when I enter [skull swap] and limit it to the gallery board, I can't even find it.  When I search for ["skull swap"] with quotes, it does not search for the two terms together, which would be really useful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014 06:14:53 PM »

Thanks for the info!  I know it can be finicky and we're still working out some issues with it currently.  Let me try to work through these two particular issues.

So, say I'm looking in a swap gallery for the items that a user sent/got.  I go to the gallery thread, enter the username in the search box for "current topic" and get no results.

I just tested with a random gallery.  I used this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=432401.0 and searched for thisbirdsabsurd and specified Current Topic.  It gave me the results to five posts in which her username was mentioned.

Could you tell me which gallery and username you are searching, so I can test exactly the same one as you?

Or, right now I'm in a skull swap.  I know that there has been one before, and I want to find the gallery.  But when I enter [skull swap] and limit it to the gallery board, I can't even find it.  When I search for ["skull swap"] with quotes, it does not search for the two terms together, which would be really useful.

Ahhh, yes.  We do have the quotation option, but it's currently broken. Sad  To find the skull swap gallery, try this:  Advanced Search and search for skull swap gallery.  Checkmark Search in topic subjects only.  Press enter or click Search.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper-Vinyl Wallet
How to Make a Butter Sculpture
Mesquite Tree Used for Woodwork in Texas
How to Make Homemade Lanterns
How to Make a Glitter Garland
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...