A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 45 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Erratic stitch length  (Read 235 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Adagia520
« on: April 04, 2014 05:54:25 PM »

I got a new Singer Heavy Duty in January and it was working perfectly up until about 3 weeks ago when I hit a pin.  It threw off the timing and I took it to the shop.  I got it back and it was mostly fixed but it would stitch long stretches then skip an inch or so.  I took it back in and now the stitch length is completely random no matter what I set the stitch length to on the machine.  If there's any thickness to what I'm sewing it will skip over it entirely.  It looks like it'd be really loose but the stitches stay if I pull a thread.  I mostly use minky or fleece but I've tested with cotton too.  I've tried different needles, different thread, rethreading, adjusting the tension.  I'm going crazy.  Anyway here's a picture of it in action-  Is the timing still off or is there another issue here?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014 09:04:16 AM by MissingWillow - Reason: Revealed image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nofuelleft
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014 06:35:21 PM »

Don't think its the timing that is off, looks like there is a problem with your bobbincase

Get the bobbincase out , look for and dust of fluff, clean it if needed, that put the bobbincase back. Make sure there is nothing between the iron part and the plastic part
Leave the needle plate off and see what happens if you turn the wheel manual .
If everything is moving as it should and nothing is being "hit"  repeat with a bobbin in the bobbin case.
Still going good , put the needleplate back on and try with some fabric but still turn the wheel manual.

But didnt they test it before you got it back??
When i get my machine back from service there always is a piece of fabric with stitches on it from testing .
How else would they know it runs ok?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Gift Wrap a CD
How to Gift Wrap Small Items
How to Wrap Gift Baskets
How to Wrap a Box Shaped Gift
How to Gift Wrap a Circular Object
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...