A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Easter Basket Swap Gallery  (Read 1770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linakins
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craft Hoarder

Will work for craft supplies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014 10:17:22 AM »

My basket from Charlieandwillow is amazing!!!

This is everything!

I got a ton of stuff!!!

These are my favorites!!!

My basket is made from paper bags. I was actually thinking of making my partner one like this before I went in a different direction. I love it and yay for upcycling!

The Totoro and Pusheen are hairclips. I'm in total love with them and so are my girls They are eager to where these everywhere.

The Totoro box is full of my favorite sweet: Sour Jelly Bellys. This box is going to live in my bookshelf once I'm one snarfing down the candy.

The paper on the bottom was my hello note from Charlieandwillow. It's filled with the cutest Kawaii pictures. I'm definitely going to use these for something. My partner totally got what Kawaii is.

Speaking of Kawaii... my top is totally Hawaii Kawaii

The fabric is the cutest summery hawaiian print ever!

I'm going to wear this out as its light and its totally perfect for the long hot Texas summer.

Then there's these cute button and bead rings. I think she also made the pouch too. I love polka dots!

The card and poster she made me are jsut too awesome for words. She took my two favorite things and smooshed them together.

It's a slytherpuff jigglypuff!!! It's totally me! And then the saying is from this top I sooo want. These are just the best and I can't wait to use them!

I love everything soo much!! Thank you so much Charlieandwillow for an amazing swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft to preserve my sanity!

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
charlieandwillow

Professional viking-tamer & bear-wrangler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014 06:56:47 PM »

I am SO relieved you like everything! I had lots of fun investigating your geekdoms and making stuff, but boy did I have major swap anxiety!
A word to the wise: don't try to hand sew through paper while watching Thor - The Dark World. Chris Hemsworth's arms are a big enough distraction at the best of times, but when I'm holding a sharp object things end up getting a bit stabby...
I'll 'fess up; I didn't make the little polka dot pouch. I've had it in my stash for a million years because I knew I would find a use for it one day, and this seemed ideal.
I did just want to add another picture showing the back of the shirt. It's a modification of the Colette Sorbetto pattern inspired by LindsalinaMarsh's mod on the Colette Flickr photostream (and I'm super stoked to have enough of that fabric left to make myself one!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emilywilde
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014 07:53:45 PM »

Slytherpuff Jigglypuff! So adorable and awesome! What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charlieandwillow

Professional viking-tamer & bear-wrangler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014 05:59:50 PM »

My package arrived from Linakins today. I've been having a hellish week, and the Bear and I were just butting heads all day today, so this was the perfect diversion and pick-me-up.
I was a little concerned when the parcel, clearly marked as fragile, turned up looking like this

but everything was ok, much to my relief!
I think the picture can tell the story far better than I can now...

Inside the treasure chest, this is what I found...

I most closely identify with the house Stark in the Song of Ice and Fire series. Which is a bit unfortunate because...well, because it's George R R Martin and therefore everyone you like ends up dying.
Anyway, moving on...

These little chaps were hiding in the box. I hope I found all of them!

This is what my basket looked like. Everything came packed inside Easter [dragon] eggs. I LOVE these, and need to find a place to display them once we're moved into our house.

Ok, candy. This is a good start... I love Peppermint Patties and couldn't get any for our family Easter basket this year. This made me smile today.

Next up, some fabulous felt Doctor Who decorations. The Bear, the Viking and myself are amassing our own tree decorations as we're in the process of renovating and moving into our first home together, and it's a family tradition on both sides of our family to never throw out decorations and add to the collection of Christmas ornaments every year. These make my nerdy little heart skip a beat. That adipose! Squeeee!

Oh my stars. I think this is probably my favourite swap receipt ever. It's Kaylee in her Shindig dress! Kaylee is my favourite Firefly character, and the one I identify with the most.

She's a little peg dolly, standing about 4 1/2 inches high. And she's a perfect little layered cake!

Everything together... I'm so spoiled!

Thank you so much Linakins! You totally got my fandoms, and I am so awed by what you made. Shiny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linakins

Craft Hoarder

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014 07:08:39 PM »

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I'm soooo glad everything was safe inside! I packed everything in layers upon layers of newspaper and bubble wrap. I'm so glad that I did or everything would have been ruined judging by the shape of that box.

That being said, I'm so glad you like your basket XD Everything was so fun to make, particularly Kaylee and the Dragon Eggs. The Dr who things are actually little lanyards to attach them to cell phones and the like but I suppose they'd make some excellent Christmas ornaments too XD

YAY! This makes me terribly happy that you like your package. It was a total blast crafting for you ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you like my work and would be interested in a personal swap, please contact me!
RikaHeart

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014 07:57:41 PM »

I sent my Package on Wed! ^.^ hehe and Everything is cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anubisheart

Lost in Zombieland

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014 09:14:25 AM »

JulieminustheE received her package last week but has had some family issues so I am going to post the pictures of what i sent her Smiley

So here is the full package Smiley I needed to get creative with the "basket" so I made her a Finn hat from Adventure time and used that Smiley

and of course I couldnt make the hat without making a Jake and finn plushes to go with them :p

I decided that was enough Adventure time stuff so I branched out the The Hobbit and made a Lonely Mountain and Smaug shirt for her

and last but certainly not least! I try to make at least one thing that my partner really wants. This time it was a Doctor Who item. I decided to go with a home made bow tie... oh and since Karen Gillian was in town before I sent....I got her to sign it Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can walk you can dance; If you can talk you can sing
Art exists in many forms, the trick is to see all of them.

Check out my etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/AnubisCreations
Check out my Blog!
http://anubiscreations.blogspot.com/
juliminustheE
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014 03:43:03 PM »

After a really rough week I can finally show my items, my partner posted photos for me but she left one thing out!! I sent my items off to Anubisheart, and hopefully the post office really sent it to her this time! I love these adventure time stuffs!!
And my Finn hat to go along with it! I tots love this! Mathmatical!

My favorite item out of the whole bunch is this sonic screw driver crochet hook!!! I love it so so so much!

Thank you and I hope you get your package soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linakins

Craft Hoarder

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014 03:53:33 PM »

That is just the cutest package of goodies Anubisheart! I love Adventure Time too and I have Finn hat envy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

felicitybaby
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014 06:58:31 PM »

Here is my package from Crying Goddess:

She made a TARDIS basket with 2 dragon eggs.  One egg had a red bow tie (cause bow ties are cool) and the other had a baby dragon inside.  She included some cute cat fabric and Nerd candy extras!  Thank you Crying Goddess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
From the Vogue Closet - How to Wear a Tuxedo Jacket
Vintage Bowles - Shopping at Porte De Clignancourt in Paris
Jeanius - Grace Givens on Blue and White Patterns
Vintage Bowles - Discovering Comme Des Garçons in Paris
Jeanius - Chloe Malle on Wearing Pop Over Shirts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...