A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Gallery 103, 104 & 105  (Read 21274 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2014 01:47:18 PM »

This has been a good week! Yet another claim for me, hooray! Alwaysinmyroom claimed me twice, for something sewn and for supplies, and managed to stuff everything into one box.

So here are the supplies, all very well thought out for me and perfectly chosen, all together:

(not easy, I had to keep fighting my daughter off and then chase her to get the stuff back)

Look, lovely aqua and blue fabric with matching thread (+ black, which I always need):

Magnetic clasps for purses. Purple. Purple! I never even knew...

And there are zippers, mini containers (4 bigger round ones, and a stack of 13 for beads which are going to hold beading notions, I was looking for something like this just this week!), zippers, felt (much thicker than what I used for Ave's necklaces, cozy!) and a cool card made by underthemountain.

So this was one claim. And here comes the something sewn:

The pleated purse I wanted in a really big size. And black outside, pink lining. Happy me! Always, this is so beautiful and perfect and well done! With pockets! And with a little elephant as the zipper pull for the extra zipper pocket! And if you look closely, you can see a LE 2014 stamp inside the pocket:

And did I say it is huge? I put my class folder in there, that would be about 10x15 inches, I think. The tiny black thing in the little pocket (a perfect fit, by the way) is my phone, and the little book is 4x6. Huge!

And one more so you can see how it looks when I wear it:

Thank you very, very much, Always, I love everything! But that bag is just the best!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014 01:48:08 PM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
Im Sew Silly

If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2014 02:34:39 PM »

What a wonderful package! I bet that lovely bag will be so handy! I especially love the jazzed up zipper pull & all the inside pockets. No such thing as a purse with too many pockets! (IMO)

:)ISS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Sylvan
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2014 03:07:06 PM »

Ooo! That is a LOVELY purse!

Those magnetic closures are really nifty looking.

I received from alittlemusthave. She has sent me Peanuts ornaments!

I opened the envelope and thought "Gee, she made these thick. I wonder if it's to keep the fabric from curling."

It turns out that there are FIFTEEN! Peanuts ornaments. I was expecting a half dozen, so I was absolutely floored and overjoyed that she sent so many cute ornaments! I am awed at the skill it must take to make the faces easily identifiable, and to also give them facial expressions!

Now something you may not know is that my Christmas tree looks like a Charlie Brown tree. My tall, dark and bearded bought it before we started dating. I think it's actually a Halloween tree. We don't have a lot of ornaments yet, this will be our second holiday season living together. So the Charlie Brown tree is very bare. Wink

Anyway, these little guys will suit it just perfectly. Smiley

For now, they are going to live in the ornament box, but I am already looking forward to Christmas so I can hang these up.

Thank you, alittlemusthave!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BriannaB03

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2014 03:32:16 PM »

oh wow those are awesome packages!  

I love the purse and the supply fabric is awesome.

Those peanuts ornaments are fabulous!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014 03:33:17 PM by BriannaB03 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

I'm finally learning to crochet and knit!
Alliekat914

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2014 06:02:40 PM »

Everything is so nice.  I love the bag you got anna.wahnsinn it is gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2014 07:14:04 PM »

aww I love Peanuts!  What a happy package to save for your holiday decorations!

I hope you can use the fabric to make your own bags, anna.wahnsinn!!  I set large pieces since you seem to like large bags the best! Grin...I was trying to find blue closures but they were out...there are also green ones and pink ones and white ones...maybe next round they will be stocked up again!

The felt is wool...you can use it to make projects or you can felt it and it will become even thicker...it is a dream to sew by hand as the needle just glides through it!

I sent the little containers because I know you do a lot of jewelry making...I just love little containers and have tons of them!

I explained to you that we have a place that has a wall of zippers and they are so inexpensive!  I just kept picking out colors for you!

I am glad you like the bag...I was a bit concerned about a black bag but this one had some grey on it so it did not seem to be bad for showing lint and stuff (I know you have a small child as well!!)...the pink was so you could see into the bag...I am not fond of bags with black lining...everything gets lost in the black hole!  If you need a wider pocket, just rip out one of the sewn down parts...I think maybe take out the pen holder pockets?

I really enjoyed making that bag...it has been a while since I made one, but I love making them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rscowtown

Please pray for Isabelle! Help her beat cancer!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2014 07:59:39 PM »

such lovely crafting from everyone! Ive seen a lot of things I'd love to get so i may be adding to my pin boards Smiley
 Gotta go take pix of the claim that ISS sent me and post in a few min!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God's blessings, Laurel in Wisconsin

http://pinterest.com/rscowtown

PRIVATE SWAPS: prayer flags, mug rugs, other stuff, PM me please!

Hostess of OWS round 107, 108 & 109
Alittlemusthave

Another cup of tea ?

« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2014 12:31:01 AM »

Sylvan, I'm sooooo happy you like them Grin I really enjoyed making the peanuts characters for you and it's one of the reasons I love swaps so much as it gives me opportunities to make awesome things that I might not necessarily make for myself but enjoy making.
I'm sure they are going to look fantastic on your tree at Christmas.
It gives me so much joy to see them in your lounge room on the other side of the world!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2014 05:50:59 AM »

Woops, Always goofed up and sent the fabric for me to Anne? Could it be? Maybe she was thinking Anne would want to make something blue and white for me? The bag is gorgeous! I love the zipper pull!

The peanuts ornaments are great! My grandmother would have gone nuts for those!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2014 07:01:04 AM »

Lookie what I got!  Sylvan sent me this amazing book and a box of Smarties!  Unfortunately the Smarties are now in my tummy!

A few of the pages that caught my eye!

Thanks for this very inspiring book Sylvan!!! 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014 07:05:10 AM by underthemountain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Shrimp and Scallop Country Casserole
How to make Hickory Smoked Chicken
How to make Crab Cakes
How to make Chocolate Turtle Pie
How to make Cornbread
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...