A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: need your yarn winder opinions!  (Read 458 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ehlvee
« on: March 28, 2014 08:23:57 PM »

I am looking for a yarn winder that wont break after a couple uses. A lot of the ones i see on Amazon and Ebay look cheaply made and some of the reviews aren't  the best. What do you guys think? I don't have tons of money otherwise i would just buy a really nice one.

Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zylo
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014 04:52:53 PM »

I can only speak from my experience but I got a Stanwood years ago and it's still chugging along. I think it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Stanwood-Needlecraft-YBW-A-Hand-Operated-4-Ounce/dp/B004B44PYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398297064&sr=8-1&keywords=ball+winder

I move a lot too, and he's made all the moves with me. The only thing that's not in perfect shape anymore is the metal ring that holds the yarn for winding. It no longer stands on its own when it gets tugged - it just falls overs. However, it was cheap and has made it much longer than I expected.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For tutorials, recipes, and patterns, check out my website: Fanofstuff.com.

For handmade gifts and accessories, visit my Etsy shop: Etsy.com/shop/ZyloHandmade

Also find me on pinterest at /fanofstuff or /zylohandmade!
Ehlvee
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014 08:11:03 PM »

I can only speak from my experience but I got a Stanwood years ago and it's still chugging along. I think it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Stanwood-Needlecraft-YBW-A-Hand-Operated-4-Ounce/dp/B004B44PYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398297064&sr=8-1&keywords=ball+winder

I move a lot too, and he's made all the moves with me. The only thing that's not in perfect shape anymore is the metal ring that holds the yarn for winding. It no longer stands on its own when it gets tugged - it just falls overs. However, it was cheap and has made it much longer than I expected.

Thanks for your reply! I ended up getting one from knit picks and its working great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Of The Week
How To Create An Ombre Lip
Summer Makeup Tricks to Beat the Heat
How to Apply Gel Eyeliner
Makeup Expert Kandee Johnson Transforms Into Lady Gaga in 30 Secs
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...