A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ART DOLLS 3 - GALLERY  (Read 12381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2014 10:18:09 AM »

So, unfortunately we need an angel for P_E_S_T_, who lives in the UK. If anyone from this group would like to angel for her, I will send you her info today. You will have two weeks to make and send. Let me know and if you can't, that's okay. I will open it up to the whole Craftster community if you aren't able at this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

Re:
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2014 10:25:01 AM »

It would have been great to have a flake free swap and if I could afford shipping I would angel.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2014 02:42:40 PM »

It appears that perhaps my partner has met some life stuff, I hope that shes ok and that we will hear news of whether or not she liked what I sent her when she is able.
My partner is a vegan and lives in a village where her "alternative" way of life is not met with much support. I on the other hand live a fairly alterntive life style with much support and so I wanted to send some of the love I receive - overseas.
My partner also requested no materials from animals, so no wool etc etc.
First of all, I sent her a good quantity of my friends hand made and dyed nettle yarn. Though a little rough for knitting, it is fabulous for textured sewing.
I also sent her some vegan chocolate
The first doll I made was a "seed" doll, she is a little creature who you may find wandering around the woods gathering stray seeds and replanting them. She carries a little bag - knitted from sari yarn and containing some hand made paper seed bombs (you can plant them and they will grow cornflowers )

The back says "sowing life" Smiley

Ok - so then, because I wanted to really spoil her, and because there was loads of talk about an up and coming spirit doll swap - I also made her a sister moon and mother earth spirit doll for her alter.

[img]

Then, we had loads of walk about her being in love with alpacas, so I made her daughter some little play alpacas.

Im a little sad to not have any feedback from my actual partner - but I trust that life is where it is for her and I so hope she enjoys the pieces.
Feedback would however be really valued from you all.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014 02:45:07 PM by P_E_S_T » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
Smmarrt

« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2014 03:24:41 PM »

Wow!!! - what a fun and thoughtful package. I think I made an alpaca or two for swaps....that was sweet to include her daughter in the swapping.

I hope, too, that she gets back in touch with us. Swapping makes some folks extra nervous and it shouldn't - but I get anxious sometimes myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2014 05:00:09 PM »

Wow what a great package "P_E_S_T"!  So sorry for your partner not being able to comment on the package you sent her & that she couldn't send you one. I know life gets in the way & things happen.
I really love the fantastic "seed" doll all the drawing on her body are so neat & her hair is darling & the cute little knitted bag is so sweet. Also the seed bombs are a great idea. I love your darling Spirit dolls. The lamas are just so cool! Just such a terrific package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2014 05:36:35 PM »

Wow, P_E_S_T, what an amazing package!  Your dolls are all so different, and each one is beautiful.  I love the painting on the first doll, and your spirit dolls are wonderful.  I really enjoy seeing them since I am in the spirit doll swap, too.  Grin  The seed bombs are so fun, and the alpacas are adorable! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angielou1
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2014 07:31:44 PM »

Ahh! That's a great package you sent P_E_S_T.  Love the seed doll and seed bombs Cheesy. She's lovely. The spirit dolls are great too. Love the colors!
My partner is a vegan and lives in a village where her "alternative" way of life is not met with much support. I on the other hand live a fairly alterntive life style with much support and so I wanted to send some of the love I receive - overseas.
"MissCrafty29" will definitely feel the love you sent with them.
Sometimes life just does get in the way and there's not much you can do but follow through with it Sad I hope "MissCrafty29" is doing okay and feels better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2014 07:56:49 PM »

I think that your partner must have adored the package you sent her  PEST.  How could she not!!??  It's obvious you put a lot of thought and effort into all of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2014 09:06:34 PM »

I think that your partner must have adored the package you sent her  PEST.  How could she not!!??  It's obvious you put a lot of thought and effort into all of it.
My thoughts exactly!  You did a wonderful job and no matter what her situation is, your caring and effort really shows.  Hope you hear back from her soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything...

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2014 06:32:32 AM »

P_E_S_T that is an amazing package! Full of so many wonders and you can tell you put a lot of your heart and soul into it! I am interested in that nettle yarn. the doll is lovely with all the painting and your spirit dolls are fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie
How to Crochet a Baby Blanket
How to Crochet a Baby Hat
How to Choose Crochet Yarn
Crochet for Beginners: Half Double Crochet Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...