A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 307,986
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ART DOLLS 3 - GALLERY  (Read 30653 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2014  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2014 10:18:09 AM »

So, unfortunately we need an angel for P_E_S_T_, who lives in the UK. If anyone from this group would like to angel for her, I will send you her info today. You will have two weeks to make and send. Let me know and if you can't, that's okay. I will open it up to the whole Craftster community if you aren't able at this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Summer Ninni Swap - crafting
Mini Junk Journal Swap - crafting
Craftster Trading Cards - Eeek! I'm in
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

Re:
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2014 10:25:01 AM »

It would have been great to have a flake free swap and if I could afford shipping I would angel.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2014 02:42:40 PM »

It appears that perhaps my partner has met some life stuff, I hope that shes ok and that we will hear news of whether or not she liked what I sent her when she is able.
My partner is a vegan and lives in a village where her "alternative" way of life is not met with much support. I on the other hand live a fairly alterntive life style with much support and so I wanted to send some of the love I receive - overseas.
My partner also requested no materials from animals, so no wool etc etc.
First of all, I sent her a good quantity of my friends hand made and dyed nettle yarn. Though a little rough for knitting, it is fabulous for textured sewing.
I also sent her some vegan chocolate
The first doll I made was a "seed" doll, she is a little creature who you may find wandering around the woods gathering stray seeds and replanting them. She carries a little bag - knitted from sari yarn and containing some hand made paper seed bombs (you can plant them and they will grow cornflowers )

The back says "sowing life" Smiley

Ok - so then, because I wanted to really spoil her, and because there was loads of talk about an up and coming spirit doll swap - I also made her a sister moon and mother earth spirit doll for her alter.

[img]

Then, we had loads of walk about her being in love with alpacas, so I made her daughter some little play alpacas.

Im a little sad to not have any feedback from my actual partner - but I trust that life is where it is for her and I so hope she enjoys the pieces.
Feedback would however be really valued from you all.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014 02:45:07 PM by P_E_S_T » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
Smmarrt

« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2014 03:24:41 PM »

Wow!!! - what a fun and thoughtful package. I think I made an alpaca or two for swaps....that was sweet to include her daughter in the swapping.

I hope, too, that she gets back in touch with us. Swapping makes some folks extra nervous and it shouldn't - but I get anxious sometimes myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Summer Ninni Swap - crafting
Mini Junk Journal Swap - crafting
Craftster Trading Cards - Eeek! I'm in
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2014 05:00:09 PM »

Wow what a great package "P_E_S_T"!  So sorry for your partner not being able to comment on the package you sent her & that she couldn't send you one. I know life gets in the way & things happen.
I really love the fantastic "seed" doll all the drawing on her body are so neat & her hair is darling & the cute little knitted bag is so sweet. Also the seed bombs are a great idea. I love your darling Spirit dolls. The lamas are just so cool! Just such a terrific package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
LovelyMiss
Craftalongs Moderator
Crafting for Good Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2014 05:36:35 PM »

Wow, P_E_S_T, what an amazing package!  Your dolls are all so different, and each one is beautiful.  I love the painting on the first doll, and your spirit dolls are wonderful.  I really enjoy seeing them since I am in the spirit doll swap, too.  Grin  The seed bombs are so fun, and the alpacas are adorable! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angielou1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2014 07:31:44 PM »

Ahh! That's a great package you sent P_E_S_T.  Love the seed doll and seed bombs Cheesy. She's lovely. The spirit dolls are great too. Love the colors!
My partner is a vegan and lives in a village where her "alternative" way of life is not met with much support. I on the other hand live a fairly alterntive life style with much support and so I wanted to send some of the love I receive - overseas.
"MissCrafty29" will definitely feel the love you sent with them.
Sometimes life just does get in the way and there's not much you can do but follow through with it Sad I hope "MissCrafty29" is doing okay and feels better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2014 07:56:49 PM »

I think that your partner must have adored the package you sent her  PEST.  How could she not!!??  It's obvious you put a lot of thought and effort into all of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
thisbirdsabsurd
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2014 09:06:34 PM »

I think that your partner must have adored the package you sent her  PEST.  How could she not!!??  It's obvious you put a lot of thought and effort into all of it.
My thoughts exactly!  You did a wonderful job and no matter what her situation is, your caring and effort really shows.  Hope you hear back from her soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a new website! www.thisbirdsabsurd.com and I'm still on Etsy www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything...

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2014 06:32:32 AM »

P_E_S_T that is an amazing package! Full of so many wonders and you can tell you put a lot of your heart and soul into it! I am interested in that nettle yarn. the doll is lovely with all the painting and your spirit dolls are fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...