A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Common Ground Round 2 swap gallery  (Read 3858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kwality570
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2014 07:00:29 AM »

Awesome, KittyHerman!  Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2014 07:18:49 PM »

Since jennythor has been busy, I'm gonna post a picture of the group shot of her package and she can add more later if she has time Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
jennythor
crafty where it counts

crafting and swimming will save the world

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2014 11:44:01 PM »

Since jennythor has been busy, I'm gonna post a picture of the group shot of her package and she can add more later if she has time Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/153540_19Apr14_20140403_004625.jpg

wwoohoo thanks so much, i haven't even had time to take pics yet, but i love my package, the coolest shrunken apple head, a kitchen witch note-holder and a couple of positive inspiration potholders which i will hang in my kitchen, two Teesha Moore patches to start me off (i really wanted to join the TM swap but couldn't this time around) a fun journal and a funky frame with an outdoorsy and camping frame.

if i were to hazard i would say that our common ground was penguins and a love for sushi.
i think/hope that we will stay netpal friends after this swap as getting to know each other has been so awesome
love all around and happy easter
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014 02:52:50 AM by HSG - Reason: Removed image tags for quoted image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

love to take part in personal swaps, I would love a poppet of my very own, or a doll like the ones made by Poppets & Lace
Watsonc7

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2014 12:23:34 PM »

Woohoo!  I received my package from my parter Ladybugsandbumblebe es today. I was really hoping to catch the turtle that brought the package here, but no luck Wink
It was like Christmas in April, well worth the wait, look at this heaping pile of goodies all wrapped and labelled

Ok so where to start....I'll try to group them so I don't overload this board

1) commonality: our love of bags and things to live greener. 
Quick backstory....ladybu gs and I have been in some ongoing swaps together, and that coupled with my "I'm not that into crochet stuff" note in my questionnaire had poor ladybugs worried the whole time because she is a yarnie.  Cut to today when I opened this and eeeeked all over the kitchen....I'm in love with this crochet bag!  The size and colors are so perfect, I'll be sporting this bag around town for sure!

2) commonality: the importance of family
So then I had a matching set of 3 things to open...a beautiful "family" mirror (I love all the different fonts and how all the pieces are painted/stained in barn red), and two wooden plaques with 2 of my very favorite pictures, awwwww.  Ladybugs also made me a framed cork piece that I can use as a trivet or a wall hanging to match.  I totally jumped on the wine cork craft train so I was so excited to see this!  I'm sure I'll be spending most of tonight trying to decide where to hang this beautiful set.

3) commonality:  our love of swaps (and keeping them organized) & our love of fabric
I got the cutest swap journal with a removeable owl cover. Then I open it and inside this crazy lady had spend tons of time creating heading prompts on EVERY page in this journal...so all I have to do is fill in the information for each swap (the next pic will have a pic of it opened), love it!  I also got some super cute mushroom fabric, eeee, that ladybugs had remembered me commenting on in a different post. 

4) commonality: sense of humor and owls
She's in my head somehow....I know it's almost May but I totally haven't gotten a calendar.  My daughter beat me to the stickers Smiley

5) ok ok so last of all (even though it was the first thing I saw!) is a big pile of crochet dook....with a back pocket...and arms....and a "whovian" button. This is going to have me rolling for awhile.  In her note ladybugs said this was her attempt at making a monster with a pocket that I had on my wishlist, but she thought it turned out looking like poop and I could "toss it" if I liked.......ummmm no way!  A pile of dook is the best place to hide things away in.   I'm so glad she sent it instead of chucking it because it was truly a highlight....how funny that (if I just had to put them in order) my two favorite things were crocheted.  The little sign around his neck was hilarious too.  His pocket is perfect for putting your phone in but since I was using it to take pics I tried out our remote.  He's without a doubt going in our living room

Thanks so much ladybugs, I truly loved it all!   I'll be messaging you later about the other thing we discussed...it's been a hectic few weeks around here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2014 12:28:03 PM »

Awesome package!!  I'm so glad it finally made it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2014 06:30:47 AM »

Wow!  You outdid yourself again, Ladybugsandbumblebe es.  Amazing package as usual.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2014 06:47:44 AM »

What a cute monster Ladybugsandbumblebe es! He turned out adorable. I especially love the tag. My sister hates getting homemade stuff so I always make sure I make her something for Christmas and her birthday. LOL! I should put that tag on it. Ha! The fabric and journal were amazing as well! Great idea with the prompts! I may have to steal that idea for my future SIL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crescentfresh
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2014 09:07:18 PM »

I haven't heard back from Emilyxorange, but I'll post pictures of what I sent her way, had fun making these things inspired by our shared love of geometry, color, and some things from her pinterest page.... =)

Some super groovy geometric foam shapes i hand sewed and strung on a garland! hard to get a great picture of them all..

Always wanted to make one of these beaded leather wrap around bracelets, now i have!

Knit cap that goes with the color theme, very cozy, slouchy, vibrant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watsonc7

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2014 09:32:58 PM »

Cool package!  I loooove that bracelet!  I've made a bracelet similar to that and it was crazy time consuming, props
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014 09:34:10 PM by Watsonc7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Serve Tempura Shrimp and Vegetables
How to Make Tempura Shrimp and Vegetables Sauce
How to Make Chicken Curry
Chicken Curry: How to Fry Rempah and Cook Chicken
How to Marinate Beef for Beef Bulgogi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...