Woohoo! I received my package from my parter Ladybugsandbumblebe
es today. I was really hoping to catch the turtle that brought the package here, but no luck
It was like Christmas in April, well worth the wait, look at this heaping pile of goodies all wrapped and labelled
Ok so where to start....I'll try to group them so I don't overload this board
1) commonality: our love of bags and things to live greener.
gs and I have been in some ongoing swaps together, and that coupled with my "I'm not that into crochet stuff" note in my questionnaire had poor ladybugs worried the whole time because she is a yarnie. Cut to today when I opened this and eeeeked all over the kitchen....I'm in love with this crochet bag! The size and colors are so perfect, I'll be sporting this bag around town for sure!
2) commonality: the importance of family
So then I had a matching set of 3 things to open...a beautiful "family" mirror (I love all the different fonts and how all the pieces are painted/stained in barn red), and two wooden plaques with 2 of my very favorite pictures, awwwww. Ladybugs also made me a framed cork piece that I can use as a trivet or a wall hanging to match. I totally jumped on the wine cork craft train so I was so excited to see this! I'm sure I'll be spending most of tonight trying to decide where to hang this beautiful set.
3) commonality: our love of swaps (and keeping them organized) & our love of fabric
I got the cutest swap journal with a removeable owl cover. Then I open it and inside this crazy lady had spend tons of time creating heading prompts on EVERY page in this journal...so all I have to do is fill in the information for each swap (the next pic will have a pic of it opened), love it! I also got some super cute mushroom fabric, eeee, that ladybugs had remembered me commenting on in a different post.
4) commonality: sense of humor and owls
She's in my head somehow....I know it's almost May but I totally haven't gotten a calendar. My daughter beat me to the stickers
5) ok ok so last of all (even though it was the first thing I saw!) is a big pile of crochet dook....with a back pocket...and arms....and a "whovian" button. This is going to have me rolling for awhile. In her note ladybugs said this was her attempt at making a monster with a pocket that I had on my wishlist, but she thought it turned out looking like poop and I could "toss it" if I liked.......ummmm no way! A pile of dook is the best place to hide things away in. I'm so glad she sent it instead of chucking it because it was truly a highlight....how funny that (if I just had to put them in order) my two favorite things were crocheted. The little sign around his neck was hilarious too. His pocket is perfect for putting your phone in but since I was using it to take pics I tried out our remote. He's without a doubt going in our living room
Thanks so much ladybugs, I truly loved it all! I'll be messaging you later about the other thing we discussed...it's been a hectic few weeks around here.