A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,206
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Common Ground Round 2 swap gallery  (Read 4014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: March 21, 2014 02:40:20 PM »

Post your lovelies here!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014 02:43:16 PM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014 02:40:50 PM »

Reserved just in case...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014 06:26:09 PM »

My partner is watsonc7 for this swap.  Not only is she very quick-I received my swap package already!-but she is VERY talented as well!  Unfortunately I cannot take or post photos, so a description of the items will have to do.  I sincerely hope watsonc7 will post photos soon, b/c the items are simply beautiful!  Enough gushing Wink, here goes:

-A lovely glass with a dragonfly etched on it!  (BTW, watsonc7, I just like dragonflies!  Grin)  Watsonc7 had no way of knowing this, but I love all kinds of glass for some odd reason, but clear glass is my favorite, so it was a great combination of the two!

- A wristlet/pouch shaped like a big cup of tea!  It is made with turquoise and white dragon fabric/choc brown with dotted lines fabric, and white/turquoise dots/brown birds fabric.  It has a turquoise zipper and the "handle" of the "cup" is stuffed!  Her workmanship on this is perfect, and attention to detail outstanding!  (I mean, a stuffed handle??!!)  (I've been dying for one of these, ever since I started on Craftster years ago!)

-Inside the pouch was a dragonfly charm and a bumblebee charm, and a package of school themed buttons!

-HERE'S THE ITEM THAT IS HHHHUUUUUGGGGGEEEE!  I'm going to say right now that I can't adequately describe it.  It's a tote bag, about a foot and a half in length and about a foot in width.  It's made with two crme colored canvas handles, and orange fabric.  On the front of the bag is what I would say would be a mini art quilt!  It is a pocket for the front of the bag, done in what watsonc7 says is a "flying geese" rainbow.  All different styles of fabrics were used for this.  This part is edged in lighter yellowish-orange fabric.  The lining of the bag is yellowish-orange stripes, with crme stripes with brown polka dots.  She put in several inside pockets and a zippered top (Orange color, rainbow, tote, inside pockets, and a zipper top-all things I mentioned I liked in a tote.)

I am just amazed at the generosity and talent!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I almost forgot, watsonc7 chose our love of bags and tea as our commonality!  I'm so glad she did!)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014 06:45:36 PM by LadybugsAndBumblebees » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Watsonc7

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014 07:34:20 PM »

I'm so glad you loved  it all Ladybugs!  I had a blast crafting for you.  So Ladybugs and I wrote back and forth quite a bit and even though we have quite a few crafty differences, we also have some pretty cool personal commonalities and it was fun getting to know her better.   Our daughters are having Minecraft parties this summer (which I TOTALLY forgot to make the printouts I had planned dangit Sad ), we are family gals, we both have a funky sense of humor, she's a teacher and I have HUGE respect for teachers (I had some ideas for her in that area but decided to keep it strictly Ladybugs spoiling), and some other things we found out that we  had in common....but I ended up pretty much making things I saw off her pinterest that we had in common:

1) Ladybugs had an etched dragonfly glass, using the Coheed and Cambria dragonfly logo, on her pinterest (I found out afterwards she likes the bug, not the band lol).  I love their song "Green Grass and High Tides" (thanks Rock Band) and I knew she liked dragonflies (and other winged insects) so bammm an etched glass was made.  I love etched glasses too and have made quite a few for family and craftsters, but have yet to make myself some...isn't that how it always goes!?

2) She also had a teacup pouch on her pinterest....I also like tea so I had to make this cute thing in one of her favorite color combos teal and brown.  I thought she would like the little dragonfly fabric at the bottom so I lined the inside of the pouch with that fabric too.

3) Finally, when I first skimmed Ladybugs's pinterest I noticed tons of bags and totes......I love bags and storage of any kind as well, what!? Smiley. This was actually the first thing I made for her because I was so excited to see how it would turn out.  I saw a few comments about how special rainbows are to her so I wanted to make her a rainbow bag, and in her favorite color (and one of my least favs lol) orange.  I found a paper pieced "flying geese" pattern online, picked rainbow fabrics, and sewed it going in a counter-clockwise direction for something a little different.  I'm not great at making bags, but it learned a lot from this one.  I used canvas instead of batting because I wanted it to be more sturdy...Ladybugs is a mom of 3 as well as a teacher so I'm thinking she carries a ton of stuff everywhere she goes!  On most of the bags she pinned she mentioned wanting a zip closure so I sewed up my first recessed zipper...super easy and I like how it looks compared to just putting a zip at the top which would have made the top oddly thin when closed, I think.  I'm so glad she loves it!

I'm sure we will meet again in the ongoing swaps Ladybugs!  Thanks for being such an awesome partner!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014 10:14:51 PM by Watsonc7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love love personal swaps.  Check out my pinterest for things I've made and things I want
http://pinterest.com/watsonc7/
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014 08:12:40 PM »

Wow, watsonc7! What an excellent start to the gallery!! That bag is incredible!  It's all awesome.. but that bag is incredible!  Did I mention that the bag is incredible?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014 03:14:30 AM »

Fabulous! that totebag is amazing  Grin I also love orange and rainbows
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
mdelilahcarlson

so many crafts, so little time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014 10:50:35 AM »

Excellent job on all three projects (although I too especially love the bag!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkmichk

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014 10:50:52 AM »

I love that bag

I received a very awesome package from Kookaloo_Starr

dr who inspired cowl

sweary tattoo inspired hoopla (sorry I can't do mature img tag for some reason)

& the most awesome house elf who is knitting in my house colours

thank you so much I love everything & I'm now extra nervous about the package I made you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
pilarfarmer
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014 11:31:20 AM »

wow some great projects love the bag & etched glass going to try that I have a new set in the box to use. love the elf doll very cute.
great start to the gallery Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
bunny1kenobi

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014 11:42:53 AM »

What an adorable house elf!  Love his little sock!  Wink

Ok, so I'm guessing on commonalities for pinkmichk and kookaloo...  They both love Dr. Who (or maybe they both love knitting or both love cowls  Wink), they both love either embroidery or swearing  Cheesy and both have a thing for Harry Potter.  Did I get it right?  Grin
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014 11:48:37 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding
Raw Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Magnolia Bakery Strikes Balance Between Sweet and Smart
Healthier Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
Chef Graham’s Apple Tart Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...