If you have seen "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen", you have probably noticed Lola's bottle cap necklace. Here is how to make one for yourself:
1. Using a pair of flat-nose pliers, flip up the edges of 3 bottle caps. Get the edges as far up as possible so that they do not irritate your chest when the necklace is on. Do this slowly or the middle of the bottle cap will cave in!
2. Find some old necklaces that you don't care about. I used the metal kind with all the little balls (see the picture at the end if you don't know what I mean.) Keep 1 necklace completely intact. Then, from other necklaces, cut out 2 pieces of the exact same size. These will be used to attach the bottle caps in a triangle formation. Then cut out 4 pieces that are a bit smaller than the pieces that you just cut out. These will be used as "tassels" on the bottle caps.
3. If you want to paint any of the bottle caps, do it now. I painted the top two with a rainbow pattern.
4. Take 2 bottle caps and glue their back sides onto the necklace that is intact. Glue them as far away from the necklace closure as possible, but keep a nice distance between them.
5. Take the two equally sized pieces of necklace and glue them to the back of the last bottle cap. Each of the top two bottle caps should have 1 piece of necklace attached to the bottom cap. The caps should form a triangular shape.
6. Allocate 2 of the 4 equally sized pieces of necklace to each of the top caps. Glue them to the back of the caps so that they hang downward. Then cut a tiny piece off of the bottom of the outer tassels so that they are a bit shorter than the inner tassels.
There you have it! Just put your necklace on and enjoy. In case any of those steps confused you, I took some pictures of the necklace. Here is the front:
And the back:
Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.