A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charted Adventure treasure map behavoir chart.  (Read 310 times)
Tags for this thread: reuse , treasure  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 14, 2014 06:21:06 AM »

I came up with this idea in the shower one day last week and set out on the adventure of creation. I should have used a bit more measuring as its a bit crooked in areas. Plus I should have put in more planning but I'm the type to wing it and freestyle craft. Overall still happy with the outcome. We had a big freezer box laying around which was cut into 2" strips and 2 big panels were cut one measured 24" square that got covered in fabric the other was the base for the frame and panel to go on and that one was 28" square. With lots and lots of hot glue I layered the strips and squares up and glued on mock wood which I painted with ink and watercolors on watercolor paper. The treasure maps, ship, bottle, treasure chest and daily diamonds were all done with heavy 140lb watercolor paper ink & watercolors. So this is how I designed it to work:  My daughter gets a diamond for every day she fills up her chart with 16 gems (every set goal complete gets a gem over the maps I will probably make a chart for a reminder but they will change as she gets older). If she gets 7 diamonds she gets her treasure chest (allowance) and catches a mermaid. If she catches 4 mermaids she gets a message in a bottle which is a random surprise reward the bottle is flipped to the side where it is empty until she gets the mermaids and the message shows up. Smiley I had lots of fun making this and I hope you guys enjoy as well. Most of all I hope it works well she's really excited about it so far.

Please ignore the unfinished frankenwall. Its hideous I know but I gotta keep sweet talking the hubby into helping me finish it up.. LOL

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014 11:14:05 AM by WhimsicallyObsessed » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
vincentvanbuck
In Martha we trust

Breaking loved ones' sewing machines since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014 04:09:44 PM »

This is just too cool!  So well thought out, and the style of it is just smashing.  I bet DH could probably get me to do a few more chores if I had something fun like this to motivate me, heheh.  I'm sure your daughter will like it, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
  • Mini 13 Days of Halloween R. 6

Nerd Battles: Team Multimedia
Harry Potter Craftalong: House Ravenclaw
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014 06:54:23 PM »

Thank you!! Cheesy She absolutely loves it! That makes all the work worth it really. She's been begging me to give her chores so she could get gems to hang up lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select Iron On Transfers for Fabrics
How to Use Iron On Stickers
How to Design and Print on Inkjet Transfer Papers
How to Print Designs on Dark Transfer Paper
How to Design T-shirt Transfers on the Computer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...