A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art Dolls 3 - Send out Thursday April 24, 2014  (Read 10548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything...

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2014 05:38:27 AM »

This really got my creative juices pumping! Hoping my other swap won't be left behind! o-o I already half-did the head... it's all planned and whatnot...

That's too funny... I was thinking the same thing. Wink I have other swaps I should be finishing first but ended up spending a couple of hours on this yesterday and I am already in love! And no pressure, please, as I intend to send this out extra early only because my 3rd kiddo is due about the time this swap wraps up so I want to make sure that it is awesome and finished, well before that time arrives, just in case. Wink

Oh, really?! I had no idea! That's exciting! Do you know what gender it is? I might send a little something for them as a birthday present if that's alright. just a quick something, though. I just know I have some supplies for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Raging Sloth

Because Papier-Mache solves everything...

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2014 05:44:37 AM »

I felt like we drove and called all over town today looking for super sculpey. It wasn't carried anymore at some places and just out of stock at others. Grrrr. One place did have the super sculpey firm, but it was nearly $16. I gave in and went there only to discover that my customer card had gathered up enough $$ to get $10 off. Woo hoo! I will be starting the head-sculpt tonight!

Wow, out of super sculpey? and wow you get a customer card like that?! That's amazing. I only really have Michaels to go to and they only ever give about 40% off one item and most things I get are about five dollars or less so it ends up with me maybe getting a dollar or two off which isn't much of a savings considering I go there about once a week if not more. Stupid michaels...

I started my head sculpt and the body is being worked on now. It's exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsycandice
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2014 06:33:13 AM »

I felt like we drove and called all over town today looking for super sculpey. It wasn't carried anymore at some places and just out of stock at others. Grrrr. One place did have the super sculpey firm, but it was nearly $16. I gave in and went there only to discover that my customer card had gathered up enough $$ to get $10 off. Woo hoo! I will be starting the head-sculpt tonight!

Wow, out of super sculpey? and wow you get a customer card like that?! That's amazing. I only really have Michaels to go to and they only ever give about 40% off one item and most things I get are about five dollars or less so it ends up with me maybe getting a dollar or two off which isn't much of a savings considering I go there about once a week if not more. Stupid michaels...

I started my head sculpt and the body is being worked on now. It's exciting!

It's a little local art store. Once you spend $100 you get $10 off of anything. I go there... a lot. Wink

Yay for construction progress! I'm excited. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
"Make good art" - Neil Gaiman
My website
50 Projects in 2014
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2014 07:08:24 AM »

I don't usually do sketches because I'm horrible at it. But I do have an idea I am toying with Cheesy

I thought I may try to sketch too, but also horrible at it. I love your wists angielou1 and will spend some time there today. I didn't realize I had missed so much posting, but I don't have great internet here. Off to wist land and back to your questionairre.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2014 09:14:36 AM »

My sketches aren't much more than stick figures, I'm such a lousy draughtsperson....

Still torn between two designs, but beginning to settle towards the more elaborate one, naturally... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2014 10:36:35 AM »

I made a stick figure sketch, too...with lots of arrows and words to make up for my lack of drawing abilities...and my impatient, "just make it up as you go along" mentality.  It was mostly just so I would remember to incorporate all of my plans.  Cheesy 

I started work on my doll on Friday, and have only really made a little progress.  For some reason all of my ideas are turning out to be kind of time consuming!  But I hope it will all come together and turn out nice. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2014 11:54:03 AM »

Wow - you are all so busy and productive. I'm feeling good - just have no clear ideas yet.

Have a great week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
Ninni Swap in August
Fall Dotee Swap in September
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2014 03:40:29 PM »

I have a question...What do folks feel the difference is between dolls and figure?  Does it mater?  I am kind of feeling like a doll is something you could play with and a figure just sits on a shelf, but you see lots of art dolls that just sit one shelves....the stuff I've been working on recently I have been calling figures...well action figures actually...so you can play with them, but they aren't "doll" like...is this an apples and oranges thing?  Or more of a potato, poTAToe thing?  Just curious what y'all think Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2014 03:51:00 PM »

I think that it is whatever the artist calls it. I don't know if you are familiar with "artists' books" but I imagine it's something similar. You can have your standard codex that most people identify as a book to something made with ceramic and feathers and bits of text stuck together in what someone might consider a sculpture, but could still be in the "artists' books" realm. Art dolls are a bit like that. It is a broad category that spans the gamut from a jointed, poseable doll of plastic, resin, paper porcelain or fiber to an art doll that is immobile and perhaps even sculptural or made of glass, or partially mounted in a canvas. *shrug* It's an "art doll" if you say that it is. Wink
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014 03:52:30 PM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
"Make good art" - Neil Gaiman
My website
50 Projects in 2014
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2014 04:08:55 PM »

I agree with candice.  Art is in the eye of the artist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fall Jewelry Trends From Jill Martin
How Do You Pull Off a Crop Top? Ask Jessica Alba
Four Hot Trends From Milan Fashion Week
Diane Kruger Found Her Spirit Animal - Find Yours!
4 Top Outerwear Trends For Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...