Craft Challenge #97 - Container Crafting - Entries Due Apr 1 - Apr 8
Our winner this month is... lxtab!
Check out the blog announcement and his project thread here
It's Time to Vote! Scroll up to see the voting poll.
You must be logged in to vote. One vote per member.
If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
It's Time to Enter! The entry period is Apr 1 - Apr 8, 2014. To post your entry, please start a new topic for it here on this board. Click NEW TOPIC on this board to post your entry! Entries must be posted by April 8 11:59:59 PDT 2014. If you are a new member, and cannot post images yet, please just post a direct link to your image(s) in your post. A friendly neighborhood Moderator will come along and update your post to embed the image(s) for you.
Your challenge this month is to repurpose a container. A container is defined as, "anything that contains or can contain something." Use your best judgement in determining if an object is a container or not.
Your crafting should somehow transform the container into something awesome
. It can
still have the purpose of being a container, but it's not a requirement.
Perhaps you'll transform a plastic storage tote into a composting bin. Maybe you'll transform a soda bottle into a terrarium. Or maybe you'll give your container an entirely different purpose, and craft a shampoo bottle into a necklace. The decision is yours! Have fun.
You can use other supplies and materials on your project, but your container should somehow be the star of the show.Additional Rules and Details:
- Craft your project during this challenge period (Mar 3 - Apr 8 2014) only. Projects created before this timeframe will be excluded from the voting poll.
- On Apr 1 2014, there will be a special folder created for entries. Post your entry on the specified entry board during the period of Apr 1 to Apr 8 11:59:59 PDT 2014. No sooner. No later. Do not post your project elsewhere on Craftster.
- Voting will happen from Apr 9 - Apr 16 2014.
- The winner will be officially announced on the first business Monday of the next month -- in our May newsletter, on this thread and on the Craftster blog. We will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement, to get your prize package information.
- Enter only ONE project. Your entry can have multiple components to it.
- If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past. But if your project was definitely inspired
by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project. Prizes:
At the end, I'll set up a poll right here and the first place winner (US or non-US) will get:
(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
(3) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!