A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap Round 5 (signups March 2-15, 2014; sendouts May 17, 2014)  (Read 28602 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2014 09:42:51 PM »

I wanted to be the mom in the Kool-Aid commercial and then I wanted to be a Queen (any country would have done). As I "grew up" I wanted to be an Enviromental Attorney. My kids (and their fiends) say I'm a pretty awesome mom and I am the Queen of our little prairie, so I guess 2 out of 3 ain't so bad!
....hhheeeyyy...I bet I wanted to be Tony THE tiger before I wanted to be a tiger!...interesting...I know I was afraid of the hephalumps under the bed, and my mom was telling it like it was a family story and I pointed out was terrified of the elephants coming after me from under the bed and not hephalumps, as she thought....I bet it was the advertising!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014 09:45:43 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2014 10:18:11 AM »

The _____ I bought for the _________ isn't going to fit... Going to have to rework this idea somehow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #422 on: April 16, 2014 07:32:03 PM »

Sorry I have been so quiet. My notifications suddenly started going into the spam file. *palms forehead*
I finished the majority of an something that I'm pretty proud of. I've done this craft before, but never with these materials and I think it turned out pretty awesome. It needs a little something extra though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Magpirate
« Reply #423 on: April 17, 2014 02:15:58 PM »

I'm having a hard time focusing on any single thing that I'm making, I'm so excited by all the ideas I've had that I keep trying to do everything all at once!  I only have one small item completely finished, but I have a large item started and three more medium/large ones well underway.  I'm glad we still have a month to craft, even with my ADD method of crafting I should be able to wrap everything up by then!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #424 on: April 17, 2014 04:57:44 PM »

Well one of my dogs ate part of the project I am working on, luckily it was only about an hours worth of work and I should be able to whip up another one.

For some reason I kept thinking that sendouts were May 2 and was starting to feel a bit stressed, so glad that I was wrong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SenatorOrgana
« Reply #425 on: April 18, 2014 11:53:31 AM »

I was so happy to find that this swap had a super-long crafting period - we're moving next weekend and I know I will be getting the majority of my crafting done after that!! My first big piece is almost done, though, and just started on a medium that will be easier to work on while moving Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #426 on: April 18, 2014 08:43:47 PM »

I'm having a hard time focusing on any single thing that I'm making, I'm so excited by all the ideas I've had that I keep trying to do everything all at once!  I only have one small item completely finished, but I have a large item started and three more medium/large ones well underway.  I'm glad we still have a month to craft, even with my ADD method of crafting I should be able to wrap everything up by then!  Cheesy

You and I are neck to neck it seems.  I have one small completely finished, one medium/largish about half finished, and another medium kind of started.  I have materials for another smallish medium chosen and ready to go.  I'm so glad you're not planning on sending super early because I expect to send very close (if not on) the send out date.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2014 10:12:14 AM »

Sorry ladies, life got away from me yesterday!  Here's the Check In Question:

Do you have kids? Tell us about them!  Do you have pets? Tell us about them!

I have two children: a daughter that's 19 and a son that's almost 13.  My daughter is off trying to figure out who she is right now.  My son is doing that earlier than his sister.lol  DS runs cross country and track, likes to be involved, plays video games, hunts, fishes, chops wood, pretty good kid, funny as heck.

Currently I do not have any pets - although I adore cats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2014 10:31:50 AM »

I have two grown children.  My son will be 32, plays guitar in a rock and roll band and generally enjoys his life. He has an extra special girlfriend; she is someone I'll be proud to call my daughter-in-law. My daughter is going to be 29 and is an animal control officer for Washington D.C. Humane Society.  She is married to a smart guy who does some sort of secret work for the government!  Cheesy  I have an aging jack russell terrier.  We claim that we saved each other's lives.  She will be 13 this fall.  I loved spending time with her and she with me.  Cheesy 

I am looking forward to having grandchildren someday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #429 on: April 19, 2014 10:58:14 AM »

No kids for me but I have two fur babies that I love so much.  Cosmo is going to be 12 in November.  He's a 11 pound black poodle who was rescued from a puppy mill at 9 months.  They had taken him very early from his mom (he still loves to suck my fingers), and kept him in a car carrier, all by him self.  When he was rescued he had never been groomed and that can kill a poodle due to skin infections and such, and his eyes were milky due to poor diet and not being able to see past the walls of the car carrier.  He was like a stuffed toy that you had to feed and walk.  For the first year or so, he wouldn't walk around on his own, unless leashed.  He would just sit where ever you put him.  He didn't bark for the first 3 years, but he makes up for it now.  And he loves me more then anything else ever has.  Sometimes, when we are starring deeply into each others eyes, he will suddenly give a little excited sound then dive at me, covering me with kisses.  He just loves me so much he can't stand it some times Grin.  That's him in my avi too

Luna is also a rescue.  She was found wandering the streets.  She is a long haired golden chahua.  My folks had adopted her, and then my Daddy fell down the stairs a week later (nothing to do with her.  She was in another room).  He was in the hospital for a month and it was too much for my mom to deal with, so she lives with me now.  But we visit Grandpa and Grandma every month or so, so she still gets to see them often.  She loves my Hub the best, but thinks of me as the pack leader as we are always together.  It took her a bit to warm up to me, because I was the one who took her from my folks, and Cosmo was possessive of me in the beginning.  But even though she loves my Hub she will follow me if I leave the room where he is.  When she is feeling cuddly, she completely relaxes and it's like trying to hold an 11 pound water balloon.  She is super smart and learns fast.  Normally, it only takes one or two stern voices before she decided it's not worth it.  We think she is 3ish, but don't know for sure.  She is very patient with all the old folks she lives with, but Luna-tic does come out sometimes Grin  She is not a barker, but grow talks all the time.  Cosmo doesn't growl often.  His bark is like an ice pick in your ear most times...I'm rather sure I have some hearing loss from him Grin

They are super funny together as they are complete opposites, but exactly the same size.  When they are dancing for treats, they are even the same height.  They are finally getting along better after a year, and even play together once in awhile.  Since Cosmo didn't have anyone to teach him to be a dog, he hasn't ever gotten along well with other dogs.  He tends to look them all in the eye no mater what the size is.  Luna is definitely a dog.  She has been teaching him some dog rules and he seems to be getting the hang of her language.  In the first year they would get into some kind of scarey arguments, but I haven't had to separate them for a long time.  The hardest part for me, is I get to deal with both types of hair issues now.  Luna has a fur coat, so she sheds a lot.  Cosmo has a hair coat, so he has to be clipped and combed regularly, though I'm super luck with his coat.  He has never gone wiry, and is still soft as when he was a pup, so he doesn't get mats close to the skin much.  His hair does cord like a Puli's though, which is cute.  The women who rescued him was a groomer and taught me how to groom him, so he normally has a distinctly unique hair style.  I've been growing out his "mane" for the last few years, and he is due for a short cut soon, so soon he will look like a tiny black horse Grin  Right now he looks like a floppy furry Muppet Grin  Luna, thankfully, loves her ferminater hair brush, and loves to be brushed, so that is helping to keep the hair a bit more under control.  

I could go on and on, as I love to talk about them both...but I think that is the basics Grin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014 11:02:22 AM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Avocado Toast with Lemon Juice
No Fail Herb Salad
Eat Like a Caveman With This Paleo Granola Bars Recipe
French Supermarket Promotes "Inglorious Produce" To Reduce Food Waste
Heart Healthy Recipes for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...