A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Invite Your Partner (IYP) 25: Silver Jubilee, SU closed, SO Apr 26 2014  (Read 39056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smileyyogini
« Reply #470 on: April 23, 2014 11:43:58 AM »

Oh Sylwa (((hugs))) I am so sorry you were feeling badly and then that happened! Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiles,
Melody

www.MelodyCrochet.com
http://www.ravelry.com/people/Smileyyogini
http://www.pinterest.com/MelodyCrochet/

Currently stalking the Ongoing Wish Swap 114! Hoopla 14! TM Patch 5!
VERY open to personal swaps Cheesy Message me!
gala_apples
« Reply #471 on: April 23, 2014 09:02:37 PM »

Crap, it's been a while since I've commented. *tries to think of something interesting to say*

Oh! If you have to colour something, and you want it to have an interesting sheen, painting with nail polish ends up looking pretty good. I tried it after attempting paint, marker, pencil crayon, and varnish, at my wits end. At the very least it looks better than everything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: April 24, 2014 12:54:33 AM »

I love using nail varnish on things. More than on my nails! Cheesy

I had a few days camping so I'm still a gnat's whisker away from finishing! No doubt I'll be finishing at the last minute as usual! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: April 24, 2014 02:41:28 AM »

luckdragon, get well soon! Sending you healthy vibes!! And hugs!!  Cheesy

And Sylwa, I'm so sorry that you have to start all over! Kids  Huh   Roll Eyes can be &*#@* sometimes! And yes it is hard to be mad at them, they felt like helping you. Hugs, love and crafty vibes for you!!  Kiss

I finished my last small item for Suereal this morning, hoping to be able to post too. BUT I ran around the house searching for an envelope for Stickers package and a box for Sue... GRR!!!  Angry No envelopes... No good box! I re-used a box and finally found one envelope. It doesn't look good, but it will do its job. Not wrapped nicely, stuffing doesn't do it any good so I just didn't go for that.  Tongue

Hope you ladies like it! I will hurry to our nearest city after lunch to the PO. DONE! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014 05:46:20 AM by wendiek » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scrappy Happy Swap! And the Scrappy Happy Swap Gallery!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #474 on: April 24, 2014 07:18:15 AM »

So, I was making _______ for underthemountain, but I just can't see me finishing it in time in no way, so I've put it aside for another time and I starting making a _______.  Totally new to me and I'm barely even stared and I LOVE it!!! I may have to make several more of these for us!!!  I'm going to try to make a _______ too, also new to me.  As for sheepBlue, I've got a couple little things done and a sock monkey near complete.  I should be good to go on both my packages by send outs!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
kwality570
« Reply #475 on: April 24, 2014 12:08:55 PM »

OH NO SYLWA! That's just horrible!!!  At least you know you'll have some crafty artists in your future when they grow up. Smiley

I got my package done for Jo-Mama.  Going to wait to send with my other package so I only have to go to the post office once.  It's always such a chore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp

~Tapestry~

« Reply #476 on: April 24, 2014 12:21:52 PM »

Soooo good news and bad.

Good news - I finished Wulf's pillow sham finally. YAY! The actual embroidery piece is 11x8 and I've never embroidered anything this large or involved before. It's gorgeous though and I'm really, really pleased with it. Of course it's one of those things that took forever and was quite involved and now looks so bloody simple and unassuming that I'm already worried how it will measure up against what Wulf is making for me. Meh. But I'm sending today so happy snoopy dance.

Bad news - My large piece for Chughes225 did not go well and I'm starting over on it. Even if it had gone as planned there is no way I could finish by the send date. Thus I'm sending late to one of my partners Sad On the other hand - when crafting for freaking craft geniuses like Wulf and Chughes225 there's a certain pressure to make sure I'm making something fantastic and I don't want to disappoint.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #477 on: April 24, 2014 01:01:35 PM »

Finally feeling better today!  Whew!  Of course, 3 days of sitting on the couch with barely enough energy to click the remote to watch the next episode of Once upon a Time on netflix was not conducive to getting my swap package done!  So, I also will be sending late Sad

Sylwa!  Hugs! I know they were trying to help, but yikes! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Sylwa
« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2014 04:01:33 PM »

well I am over it now, the broken heart has been mended by tiny kisses Smiley
it was my youngest daughter, the aspiring artist, that improved the painting with her fingers. And yes, she dipped her fingers in pain and finger painted it  Grin gotta love her
I started on the new painting today and I look at the whole experience as a good one because now I have a chance to do things differently, better. So yay for that!
I might be able to send kwality's package on time but won't be able to send pixie's because of long drying times on the big project. It asks for a minimum of 24 hours drying time and I just won't have that. Then I have to also drill into it and use a hot glue gun ... and then there are the extras that I haven't even started yet ... sigh ... somehow the kids always manage to take away any free time I had planned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2014 07:33:34 PM »

So, I was making cheese for underthemountain, but I just can't see me finishing it in time in no way, so I've put it aside for another time and I starting making a camel instead. Totally new to me and I'm barely even stared and I LOVE it!!! I may have to make several more of these for us!!!  I'm going to try to make a BMW convertible too, also new to me.  As for sheepBlue, I've got a couple little things done and a sock monkey near complete.  I should be good to go on both my packages by send outs!! 

come on play fill in the blank
sorry I'm loopy atm.  just got done with Science Night at my daughter's school.  managed to get hundreds of kids involved so yay...just lots of organizing and making of stuff.  LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Douglas Florian Reads His Poem Worker Bees
Dominque Moceanu Shares Her Olympic Memories
Dominique Moceanu on Her Autobiographic Novel "Off Balance"
Mothership Book Trailer
Jermaine Jackson on Growing Up with Michael Jackson
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...