A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,328
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Spring Nerd Battles --March 1, 2014 - May 31, 2014--  (Read 70548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #710 on: May 30, 2014 07:42:08 AM »

I need that Pi apron!  So stinking cute!  Pinned!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: May 30, 2014 11:24:22 AM »

Holy project dump, batman!! Wow!!  You did some awesome stuff, there!  The Tardis cutting board is mind-blowing... just gorgeous! I also really like your MTG shirt.  I'd like to make some like that for my hubby, but I have no idea which mana I'd use... he doesn't seem to have a particular favorite mana, just favorite decks.  You know, the ones that virtually ALWAYS completely annihilate his opponents.... Roll Eyes  The modded lands are really cool, too. 

Well, those are the most fun decks to play! Grin

Smeddley The dreamcatcher and needlebook both look awesome! I really love the fabric you used for the needlebook! Yay for finishing the dishcloth! And I am in LOVE with your pi mug rugs and the apron!!! The colors are lovely and it's just the perfect amount of nerdiness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #712 on: May 30, 2014 12:34:31 PM »

Smeddley - I love the color of that dishcloth!  So pretty!  Your Pi items are too awesome!  I can't believe you're giving away those mug rugs!  And 63 digits is super impressive!  Love the apron, too!  Great idea to make your costumes multi-purpose.  Grin

Holy project dump, batman!! Wow!!  You did some awesome stuff, there!  The Tardis cutting board is mind-blowing... just gorgeous! I also really like your MTG shirt.  I'd like to make some like that for my hubby, but I have no idea which mana I'd use... he doesn't seem to have a particular favorite mana, just favorite decks.  You know, the ones that virtually ALWAYS completely annihilate his opponents.... Roll Eyes  The modded lands are really cool, too. 

Well, those are the most fun decks to play! Grin

Yeah, they totally are the most fun!  Cheesy  My favorite is the white/light deck (at least for 2013, I haven't gotten into 2014 yet).  Grin  I need to figure out some MTG crafts for my new place!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #713 on: May 30, 2014 03:23:36 PM »

bunny1kenobi- Excellent "Now We're Cooking" item! Although, it's not something I'd choose to cook with Smiley

pishaw13, what a gorgeous quilt! And hooray for finally finishing it!

BadWolf314, you have been busy! What a great Lion King card! Did you hand cut it? It's beautiful! And, I love both of your t-shirts. Nice job on your crochet squares, too. Your shrine is great- clever way to combine both themes! Your Snitch necklace came out great, and I like the bead for the "golden" part (I had a lot of trouble finding a good bead to use to make mine). I'm a bit jealous that you have the space for some raised beds in your yard- I hope you have a good harvest!  That cutting board is AMAZING!!! I thought it was painted until I popped over to the post- I can't believe that you cut and glued all of those pieces together! Your "Hangry" towel is a riot... I might have to steal that idea Smiley Your necktie is also well done (I really, really need to start watching Dr. Who!). Your Hermione ATC is adorable and I love her scarf! Your Zeus ATC is also really neat- is the whole thing collaged, or is part of it painted? I don't know much about Magic, but those Modded Lands are neat (I've seen the symbols around individually, but they look neat as a collection!).

Smeddley, what an excellent tiny dreamcatcher (and a great way to interpret the shrine prompt). Love the steampunk needlebook, too. Nice job on the knitted dishcloth (one of these days, I'll finish my knitted scarf and try a dishcloth) and the Pi mug rugs (stencilled?)! And, the apron is fantastic (I love geek humor)!

Okay... I am highly unmotivated to finish an item, but I really hate to not finish it in time (plus it's an overdue request for a friend). I will have to work on it tomorrow. And, I really should be finishing a project I started when I got home... and I realized I may be able to count it as an item... So, since a thunderstorm is happening, I should get off of the computer and tackle that project at least! In the morning, I will finish that other monkey on my back...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: May 30, 2014 04:01:08 PM »

BadWolf314, you have been busy! What a great Lion King card! Did you hand cut it? It's beautiful! And, I love both of your t-shirts. Nice job on your crochet squares, too. Your shrine is great- clever way to combine both themes! Your Snitch necklace came out great, and I like the bead for the "golden" part (I had a lot of trouble finding a good bead to use to make mine). I'm a bit jealous that you have the space for some raised beds in your yard- I hope you have a good harvest!  That cutting board is AMAZING!!! I thought it was painted until I popped over to the post- I can't believe that you cut and glued all of those pieces together! Your "Hangry" towel is a riot... I might have to steal that idea Smiley Your necktie is also well done (I really, really need to start watching Dr. Who!). Your Hermione ATC is adorable and I love her scarf! Your Zeus ATC is also really neat- is the whole thing collaged, or is part of it painted? I don't know much about Magic, but those Modded Lands are neat (I've seen the symbols around individually, but they look neat as a collection!).

Aw shucks, thank you! I used my silhouette to cut out the Lion King card, I spent most of that day though putting together the pattern for it. Definitely steal the hangry towel idea and yes, you really, really need to watch Doctor Who!!! And the Zeus ATC is just collaged, painting is just too challenging sometimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #715 on: May 30, 2014 04:55:29 PM »

Battle/Challenge: April - shrines
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: 0
Project Name: House Pillows
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: An ode to one of the most sacred of places, home.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: May - flash mob
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: 0
Project Name: Art Doll
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: This is a doll I made for P_E_S_T. After looking through her posts and learning more about what she does at home and what she does for others in her personal life and through Crafster I felt that she deserved some serious spoiling. I tapped into the strong feminine spirit to create this piece and sent it off along with others goodies. This was created in honor of her awesomeness as a mother, woman, and female spirit.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014 07:51:51 PM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

May ATC Swap 15/13/9

50 in 2014
50 in 2015
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #716 on: May 30, 2014 07:08:25 PM »

Aw shucks, thank you! I used my silhouette to cut out the Lion King card, I spent most of that day though putting together the pattern for it. Definitely steal the hangry towel idea and yes, you really, really need to watch Doctor Who!!! And the Zeus ATC is just collaged, painting is just too challenging sometimes.

Excellent! Thanks for the added details... that means that I could manage a Lion King card (or something similar) of my own, and maybe even a collaged something. And, I think when I make my Hangry towel, I might have to create an image of the Hulk in a chef's cap... or an apron... or holding a fork and knife...  Smiley

artsycandice, I love those house pillows, and the art doll is fantastic (I love the color). I need to make some pillows for my couch, and those house pillows would look great! So many projects...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #717 on: May 30, 2014 08:14:48 PM »

I should add that I mailed the pillows un-stuffed so they would ship smaller (they were mailed over seas).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014 08:17:17 PM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Crafster Best of 2014 Winner!

May ATC Swap 15/13/9

50 in 2014
50 in 2015
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2014 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #718 on: May 30, 2014 09:44:31 PM »

beautiful doll, artsy candice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inselaeffchen
« Reply #719 on: May 31, 2014 06:06:40 AM »

Huh, now quick the before end of Battles rush... ;-)

Battle/Challenge: MARCH - Clone Wars
Team: Multimedia
Bonus Points: none
Project Name: Felty Owl
Brief Description:
I made a couple of Felt Owls for swaps and here's one of them (you'd never think they would take that long to cut, sew and stuff!!)
My swap partner had crocheted Owls on her Pinterest but she had so many felted items on the Pinterest as well that I thought I'm going to make some felted ones (using Marianne's Dies)

Battle/Challenge: MARCH - Exterminate
Project Name: Owlette
Brief Description:
Another of my felty owls, I used the leftover felt from the Clone Wars Owl. Yet for another Swap.

Battle/Challenge: BATTLE ROYALE MAY - TEA
Project Name: Tea mug cozy
Brief Description:
Crocheted tea mug cozy with felt "tea bag tag" on the side (in German, for my fellow German swapper). We're both keen tea drinkers! Smiley

Battle/Challenge: MAY - Department of the Interior
Project Name: Dragon cushion cover
Brief Description:
I used my silhouette Cameo to cut a flocked iron-on dragon (first ever using flocked items ... and still fairly new to the cameo anyway!) to use on a nice brown cushion cover for my swap partner in the HP Box swap.

Battle/Challenge: APRIL - Honey, you should see me in a crown
Project Name: Unicorn Kitchen Towel
Brief Description:
Another flocked iron-on (think I get the hang of it now!) for the HP Box Swap. The Unicorn is in several crests of royal houses, therefore I deem it to be regal.

Battle/Challenge: APRIL - You're the best around
Project Name: Mini Gnome
Brief Description:
As I've not been doing a lot of scrapbooking lately, I think CROCHET is my next best craft. This is a little gnome for my swap partner in the "Use your own stash" swap.

Battle/Challenge: MARCH UFO
Project Name: Birthday Card 1
Brief Description:
A birthday card for my dad's 70th.

Battle/Challenge: APRIL UFO
Project Name: Birthday Cards
Brief Description:
Another birthday card, this time for my mother-in-law, using Tonic Punches with stamps set.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014 06:09:28 AM by Inselaeffchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...