A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Spring Nerd Battles --March 1, 2014 - May 31, 2014--  (Read 45189 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artsycandice
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2014 07:53:49 AM »

lol, congrats Amaranth_in_Oz!

I laughed out loud when I saw my balloon picture there. You guys are too funny. Wink Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
"Make good art" - Neil Gaiman
My website
50 Projects in 2014
artsycandice

« Reply #411 on: April 18, 2014 08:15:10 AM »

Battle/Challenge:  April - Honey, You Should See Me in a Crown
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: 0
Project Name: Royal Crow
Project Page Link (if available): N/A
Brief Description: This is a mixed-media piece I created using watercolor, graphite, micron, charcoal, colored pencils, and acrylics on paper then mounted it on board. Did I mention that I love birds?  Grin
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014 08:15:48 AM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
My website
50 Projects in 2014
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #412 on: April 18, 2014 08:28:03 AM »

Oh, I love that raven!!! Can I have it?   Cheesy  Just kidding, unless you want to send it to me.  Then I'm dead serious...  Wink

And holy freakin' crap, badwolf... those tables are amazing!!  Shocked
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014 08:29:20 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #413 on: April 18, 2014 09:27:30 AM »

I also want that bird!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #414 on: April 18, 2014 10:52:15 AM »

Ok, here's a solution.... artsycandice makes about a gajillion copies of the raven and then just sends one to everybody.  Coz everyone would be gettin' in line for one, I have no doubt.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice

« Reply #415 on: April 18, 2014 01:47:48 PM »

Ok, here's a solution.... artsycandice makes about a gajillion copies of the raven and then just sends one to everybody.  Coz everyone would be gettin' in line for one, I have no doubt.  Cheesy

lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
My website
50 Projects in 2014
Amaranth_in_oz
ATC lover <3

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I CAN'T SEE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: April 18, 2014 03:32:01 PM »

Yay, doing my little happy dance!

I love that raven too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #417 on: April 18, 2014 07:06:34 PM »

Okay, the last few weeks have taken a lot out of me, so my first day of vacation was spent mostly in my PJs, watching TV. Did some crafty planning, but mostly just relaxed. Tomorrow, I will be crafting! But for now, I can get caught up on some amazingness- there was a lot I didn't see in the past couple of weeks!

crazyda79, I love your Discworld stuffie! I started reading the series, but then got hung up when I couldn't get the "next" one at the library. I really enjoy seeing renditions of the Discworld whenever they pop up! And, what a neat idea for a cutting board! Was it a glass cutting board? I might have to keep my eyes peeled so I can try something similar. Your TM Penguin patch is adorable, and the Cuban sandwich looks delicious (I've wanted to try one, too, since I read the first Dexter book).

BadWolf314, I love Oreo truffles (and now I want some). I like how the white drizzle over the top makes them look all fancy Smiley And, I want the tables you made for your brother, too! I can't wait to see the project post. Nicely done!

Ludi, your Nonsense House is amazing. I especially love the fish tail, and the thatched roof, but the whole thing is fantastic! Your miniatures are also amazing (especially the books- holy cow, they are tiny!!). Your Fantasy Map hoop is so neatly done, and the colors in the mermaid's tail are perfect, and I love that she is reading, too Wink And, your Ghost Squid... well, I just have to say it's the best looking squid I've ever seen! I love the details! But, is it bad that now I have a craving for calimari?

sammylouise40, excellent titles for your cute book charms! Some of my favorites, as well Cheesy

artsycandice, great stitching job on the Capricorn hoop! I love how the direction of the stitches gives it dimension, too. Also, your balloon creations are so cool! I love the alien, and it's neat how you get that helmet effect (must take a lot of practice!). And, your Royal Crow is gorgeous (crows really are amazing birds!)- I love how you used the colors to create the iridescence in the feathers!

bunny1kenobi, nice job on the "Faith" drawing. Drawing is a skill I need to work on, so I love to see what other folks can do!

Amaranth_in_oz, another great  set of ATCs! I laughed at the birthday one, and the mask set is excellent, and would look great framed side by side. And, another Capricorn! Somehow, I never noticed that Capricorn didn't have legs in the back, but seeing your ATC and artsycandice's hoopla has opened my eyes!

gozer, what a cute wristlet! I like the pleating on it!

And, congratulations to:

Nerds of the Week (last week and this week!): artsycandice, Amarant_in_oz,  calliemae, and Krafty_Karasu! With bonus nerds BadWolf314 and Ludi

Nerds with featured projects: LovelyMiss, artsycandice, and ActsofCraftiness!

Whoo hoo! Such a talented group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
ActsofCraftiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: April 18, 2014 07:39:10 PM »

I'm glad I finally had some time to scroll through and see what everyone is up to because I usually skip right to my bookmarks and I miss the featured projects. Thanks for the shout out!  Grin

Badwolf - Your tables are great.
artsycandace - I agree with the others; your raven rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2014 08:18:11 AM »

Congrats to all the awesome people we have in our craftalong!  It's such an amazing group!

And, yes, I will be in line for a copy of the raven picture...  Wink

Battle/Challenge:  April Mob: Humorous.
Bonus Points: none
Project Name: Bellydancing Bunny Buttons!
Brief Description: I found a picture of a bellydancing bunny online, and sketched a version of it (the original is very serious and textured and lovely, I realize mine is quite simplistic!).  My husband colored it on the computer, and I made a bunch of buttons to give out at our "Easter" bellydance class.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Clone Wars.
Project Name:  Birds Nest Necklaces
Brief Description: I've seen these in so many places, and I love them, so I finally decided to tackle my fear of wire and make some of my own!  The good news is that I didn't have to wear an eyepatch to the Pirate's Ball last night, I managed to avoid poking an eye out - and I like, for the most part, the way they turned out.  I really do think I like the smaller, lighter colored beads the best.  I thought I'd love the purple ones, and maybe with silver wire?  (But I love the nest-brown wire I found!).  There will almost certainly be more of these in my future.  They're fairly quick, even with my obsessive fiddling and over-securing, I can almost get one done in half an hour (that's almost three per movie!). 
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Exterminate
Project Name: Giant Baubble Bracelets
Brief Description:  I bought these giant plastic beads to go on the tops of some tassels for a costume I made eons ago, and figured I'd use them up in some bracelets (part of the "Easter Bunny" bellydance party give-away, there's no such thing as jewelry that is too big to a bellydancer!).
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  April: Whats your sign
Project Name:  Aries Bracelet
Brief Description:  Okay, technically not MY sign, it was made for someone else who is an Aries (I'm not into astrology, I figured I'd make something for someone else!).  And I have a thing for these wrap bracelets... I just can't stop making them!
Project Picture:

I do actually have one other done, but it's for a swap, so I'll wait until it's received before I post, or if I make something else I can post (it's the "best at", and I'm going with crochet/amigurumi, so... it's very possible there will be more before the swap items are even received, if my hands hold out!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Live Trace and Live Paint in Illustrator
How to Create an Image Reflection in Photoshop
How to Change the Eye Color in Photoshop
How to Create Black and White Images in Photoshop
How to Make a Preloader in Flash
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...