A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,463
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 76
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Spring Nerd Battles --March 1, 2014 - May 31, 2014--  (Read 57290 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tanath
« Reply #260 on: March 31, 2014 04:37:47 PM »

samash90 - glad to see I'm not playing solo this round. You're crafting up a storm, your pages are great, I'll try to keep up Smiley
Inselaaffchen - mini pies for the little ones is a great idea, much easier to handle.
calliemae - welcome to the games! There's nothing like handmade cardigans, kids always look so cute in them.
ActasofCraftiness - Great hooplas and the pushpins would sure keep things in place, who would dare take a note guarded by a monster? I love the buttons, and I remember playing Oregon Trail when I was a kid too. I didn't know it was a common game played in schools in the states, I only lived there for a bit.

Managed to get one more thing done for March:
Battle/Challenge: March Mob
Team: Fandom
Bonus Points: none
Project Name: Rainbow Flower
Brief Description: Flowers are always a symbol of spring, not that we lack flowers during winter (it's very mild here). So, I took this oppurtunity to try a technique I've bookmarked. Not sure how happy I am with it, it kept acting all wonky (see my needle doing an impression of it), but it's not too bad.
This is the tutorial I followed (thanks, Google): http://biserok.org/podveski-v-tehnike-mozaika/
Project Pictures:

And that's March for me. Brace yourselves for an interesting day tomorrow  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2014 05:46:01 PM »

Okay, I am just jumping on here to post, and then I'm heading to bed, since I'm not feeling well. I'll go back and look at what everyone posted tomorrow when I get home!

Battle/Challenge:  March UFO
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: +10 Yellow
Project Name: Yellow Crocheted "Bed Scarf"
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: In February of 2013, I visited m mom in FL and was working on a baby blanket in linen stitch. My mom really liked it, and decided she needed a "scarf" to lay across the end of the bed in her guest room. She bought a skein of yellow yarn and I started her off. She continued working on it after I left, and when she was almost out of yarn, discovered that the color had been discontinued, and it was nowhere near big enough. So, when I visited at Christmas, I bought her 4 skeins of a similar color and said I'd make her a new one. I visited again this past February, and spent a good chunk of the week working on a strip in the new color. It took way longer than I expected, so I decided (with mom's approval) to finish the skein, and then finish up what she had left from last year. Then, I exchanged a skein of yellow for a skein of white and made a third, smaller strip. Once they were all completed, I stitched them together and then put a border on it (she mailed it up to me because I left it in FL). Now, all I have to do is mail it back!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Battle- Color vs Black & White (Black & White!)
Bonus Points: n/a
Project Name: Zentangle Venetian Mask
Brief Description: My friend has 2 masks from Venice, and they remind me of Zentangles. So, when this Battle was announced, I knew what I had to make! I may add some feathers or fancy trim to it (depends how much I'll be wearing it), but for now, it's finished!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Flash Mob- Spring!
Project Name: Daisies in the Grass Wreath
Project Page Link (if available): I saw this wreath on Pinterest a while ago, and while I don't ordinarily love wreaths, this one was too cute to ignore! I used yellow pins instead of pink, and ric-rac instead of ribbon, but otherwise, it's pretty much the same (although I left off her little sign). I'll add in the inspiration link as soon as I find it.
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  Brownie Points!
Project Name: Boston Marathon Scarves
Brief Description: As a way to honor those who are running the Boston Marathon this year, and those who were injured last year, as well as all of the volunteers, a church near the Marathon finish line is hoping to hand out scarves to them. A teacher at school is running it again (she was less than a mile from the finish line last year when the bombs went off), and another teacher organized a group of students who were working on scarves. These are the two that I was able to finish (one is linen stitch and the other is Maria Merloni's Woven and Crocheted Houndstooth Check pattern).I think the school group had at least 10 scarves altogether (including mine).
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #262 on: March 31, 2014 06:52:22 PM »

I love the mask!   Smiley

I hope you feel better soon.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds

http://ernestthesiger.org
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #263 on: March 31, 2014 07:37:14 PM »

ActsofCraftiness - I love the button egg hoop!  So colorful.  Your little Back to the Future guys are so cute, and YAY! for Oregon Trail!  Your monster pins are adorable, too!

Tanath - That flower is so pretty!  I'm so impressed with anyone who can bead in patterns...I just can't wrap my brain around it!

craftADDchick - The bed scarf looks great, though that does suck about the discontinued yarn!  I love your zentangle mask, and your wreath is so cute!  Giant ric-rac?!  Great scarves, too!  I love those patterns and colors...and how cool that they're going to the marathon runners!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014 08:02:08 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #264 on: March 31, 2014 07:51:48 PM »

~*Congratulations, craftADDchick!*~
You are the first member of the Geeky Giver Gang!

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Head over to the Geeky Giver Gang headquarters for more information!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2014 08:42:34 PM »

...it kept acting all wonky (see my needle doing an impression of it)

O_O

I've had the tips of my needles bend, I've had needles kinda curve on me, but NEVER have I had a needle look like yours.  what did you do to it?!  Cheesy

but that flower is really pretty.  I kinda want to give it a shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
LovelyMiss

« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2014 11:04:04 PM »

~*Congratulations, Color!*~
You have won the March Battle Royale.

For the Black & White fans:

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

*Once revealed, a badge can be found in the Badge Center.*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014 11:04:27 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: April 01, 2014 10:12:00 AM »

sammylouise40 I love the Zentangles! The rose is lovely and the earrings look awesome!
Krafty_Karasu Wow! Amazing cross stitch!
vincentvanbuck I love the Atcs! The easter eggs are adorable!
LovelyMiss I love how the doll turn out and the kitty is cute!
Tanath The rings look great! I love all the different patterns and colors! And the flower looks lovely!
samash90 I love all your pages! My favorites are the black and white and pink one!
Inselaeffchen Yum! Those pies look delicious!
calliemae I just have to say it again, such adorable sweaters! And good luck on your research project! I cant wait to see it!
ActsofCraftiness The hooplas are awesome! I LOVE the Oregon Trail one!!! That was my favorite game back in the day! The monster pins are so cute too!
craftADDchick The bed scarf turned out fantastic and the mask is perfect! I love the choice to go with black and white, its awesome! I love how the wreath turned out and I love the scarves patterns and colors! And what an awesome cause to craft for!

Battle/Challenge: March: Exterminate
Team:Textbook
Project Name: Let it Go TM Patch
Brief Description: Ive finally decided to take the risk and try my hand at a TM patch. I used a bunch of my scrap fabrics and string. I also used my silhouette to cut a stencil for Elsas head. I love how it turned out and I got to learn some new techniques!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: March: Luck of the Irish
Team:Textbook
Project Name: Hulk TM Patch
Brief Description: For my second TM patch I decided to take my inspiration from my favorite superhero.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
LovelyMiss

« Reply #268 on: April 01, 2014 02:14:24 PM »

BadWolf314 - I LOVE your TM patches!  All your tiny stitches look so perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2014 02:15:28 PM »

Check out the Nerd News Update over in the discussion thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 76 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Smart Filters - Photoshop
How to Make It Snow - Adobe After Effects Part 1/2
How to Make It Snow - Adobe After Effects Part 2/2
How to Use the Render Que - Adobe After Effects
How to Create Templates - Sony Vegas Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...