A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 76
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Spring Nerd Battles --March 1, 2014 - May 31, 2014--  (Read 42215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2014 05:15:24 PM »

Thanks, guys, and yes, samash90, there's a lot I can't do!  Smiley  But I'm always game to try something new, I'm just quiet about it when I fail spectacularly.  Wink

I am trying to restrain my grabby hands over the top hats and the hoops, and I am *so* going to try that alcohol ink pin.

Also, LovelyMiss, what do you mean you didn't need to make an entire box of cupcakes?! Did this mean you didn't bring enough to share with the entire craftalong?! ;p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2014 05:30:41 PM »

artsycandice - Great hoops!  I'm hoping to expand my hoopla wall whenever we finally find a house and move!  That is a lovely folio set, and what a neat inspiration.  Love those TM patches, too!  I have so many scraps I keep thinking I should make another TM item...I'm too slow with stitching though, it's aggravating!

BadWolf314 - Delicious looking cupcakes!  I love the ice pieces!  The pieced flower ATC is so pretty, and your "color" t-shirt is super awesome!

Smeddley - BadWolf314 is probably the only one with that kind of restraint!  Cheesy  I would definitely make the whole box of cupcakes, and then maybe, if I'm feeling generous, share three or four with someone else.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2014 05:47:23 PM »

Haha, oops, I read the wrong line, you were quoted in that message and I just went with that.  I'm also more of the "make an entire batch and someone else may or may not get some".

BadWolf314, were are our cupcakes, then? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2014 06:06:34 PM »

Smeddly, I love the artwork, and especially how vibrant the "Spring Has Sprung" one is. And, your Pi pie is excellent-looking, and I'm curious about where your got the Pi pie plate! I think I need one of those for next year! Great dance costume, too! And, that monster looks totally huggable Smiley

artsycandice, what an adorable hat! I don't look good in hats usually, but I wonder if I could get away with a mini version? I might have to try one (probably a little bigger than yours, though!). And, I love your hooplas! Holy cow, I would love to hang either one of them on my wall, especially the Spring Garden one. Your journal pages came out very cool looking and it's neat how you created them with a theme in mind. And, hooray for Tessha Moore patches! Grin

crazyda79, what a neat way to make good use of old markers. I have a bunch in my classroom, and if I could get to them before the kids chuck them (if they are not oozing ink, they toss them... so wasteful!). Do you just use regular rubbing alcohol? I like your wreath (which reminds me to get mine finished!). Kudos to you for writing that many words on a canvas and I love how you were able to come up with so many positive words! And, the infinity symbol with the name of your friend's daughter is so sweet and special.

BadWolf314, I think I saw those cupcakes on Pinterest, too, and while I haven't seen the movie yet, I love how they bring it to mind! I like the flower ATC- how long did it take to cut and apply all of those little squares- yikes! And, while I don't know who Ib is, I really like the shirt- what method did you use to print it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2014 07:34:51 PM »

Smeddley I do have one left if you want to fight over it! Wink Normally I'd just make a whole box too but I'm a little sweeted out from Pi day. The husbands family visited so I made three pies thinking the 5 of them with their two teenage boys would be a huge dent in them... Nope, they aren't pie people! So I had just finished the last of the pie and I knew I couldn't handle a whole bunch of cupcakes too.

craftADDchick For the shirt I used my silhouette cameo and freezer paper for two stencils and fabric paint. But just as a note freezer paper doesn't iron very well to the painted fabric (That made doing the black part really difficult and time consuming).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2014 11:40:49 AM »

Battle/Challenge:  March Battle - Color!
Team:  Wordy
Bonus Points: none
Project Name:  Peake Nonsense
Brief Description:  For the Complete Nonsense swap.  I can add some more details now Knickertwist has received.  This is not my own design!  Except for adding the words, all I did was stitch over some psychedelic print fabric, which took forever!   Roll Eyes

Battle/Challenge:  Research Project
Team:  Wordy
Bonus Points: none
Project Name:  Mystery Fish
Brief Description:  For my IYP swap partner.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/123133_25Mar14_mysteryfish.jpg

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014 09:15:02 AM by Ludi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2014 11:54:28 AM »

You do such amazing stuff, Ludi!  both of your partners are going to be delighted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2014 11:56:44 AM »

Those are so good Ludi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2014 12:06:35 PM »

Amazing!!! Your partners are so lucky! I love the nonsense one it's gorgeous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2014 12:51:26 PM »

Oh. My. Goodness. Ludi. I want that fish. lol. Wow. The nonsense one is beautiful too, but I love the very "James Christensen" quality of the fish piece. Just lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
"Make good art" - Neil Gaiman
My website
50 Projects in 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 76 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Enable Color Management in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Use the Bridge CS3 in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Manage Colors in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Customize Menus and Shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Workspace
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...