A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Spring Nerd Battles --March 1, 2014 - May 31, 2014--  (Read 49581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2014 05:44:06 PM »

Whooo-hooo, I finally have stuff to contribute!  I have one more I could have posted if I'd remembered to take a picture before I sent it... *smacks self on head* 

Battle/Challenge:  March Battle:  Color vs. Black & White
Team: Textbook
Bonus Points: none
Project Name: Girl in the Feather Dress
Brief Description: I saw this picture on the internet, and decided I needed to give it a try.  I can't remember where I found it, but I sat at my computer and sketched.  I did think about coloring it, but decided I liked it the way it was.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Mob:  Spring has sprung.
Project Name: Girl with flowers in her hair
Brief Description: Lifebook 2014 lesson, about spray inks.  My hand was stained for 3 days after this project!  I don't love it, but it was a good start on using spray inks, and I do like trying out new supplies!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Friendship is Magic.
Project Name: Monster!
Brief Description: Made for the Monster Swap here on Craftster, he turned out a LOT bigger and took a lot longer than I thought.  I'm sure the book said an approximate finished size, but I wasn't paying attention.  He's from the Big Book of Knitted Monsters.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Luck of the Irish.
Project Name: Costume for St Patrick's Day performance
Brief Description: Sorry I don't have a great picture of this, but it's a green circle underskirt made from a set of sheets we used as curtains in the townhouse we used to live in, and a top/belt made from pot-o-gold fabric I had for goodness knows what reason.  The top was fashioned on the fly, I don't love it and I'm still trying to tweak the pattern for that style top.  The tie top and overskirt (too much yellow!  I meant for the overskirt to be a lot shorter, and made of lace, but they didn't have yellow lace and I didn't have time to run all over looking for some, which also meant that I had to hem the top, which I hadn't planned on doing!  Anyway, I left the skirt longer so someone else could actually use it as a skirt when I get rid of it, since I'm still planning on getting lace!) was the only thing I bought fabric for, so yay for a mostly stash0busting costume!  And I know the tassel green doesn't really go, but I didn't have any green that did, and I was finishing this up the Friday night before a Saturday performance...
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March RED ALERT! Pi Day.
Project Name: Pie
Brief Description: I finally made a pie ON Pi Day.  Sure, it got finished at 11:30 on Pi Day, but it was technically done on Pi Day.  I couldn't find the chocolate wafer cookies they said to use as the crust, so I went with a from-scratch crust that was a little too chocolately and probably a little thick for my Pi pie pan size.  The inside was a cream cheese chocolate and it's topped with a whipped mixture of heavy whipping cream and sugar.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2014 06:21:16 PM »

Looks like you wee doing a lot of experimenting, Smeddley!  Good for you for being brave.   Smiley  You're cute in your outfit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
artsycandice

Art makes me happy, and birds. Birds make me happy too.

I just want to drink coffee, create stuff, & sleep

« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2014 06:27:12 PM »

Wow Smeddley, you've been busy! I love that even the dish is "pi'd" on your pi pie. Pi pie, I like that, tee hee.
The monster, adorable, the outfit... lots going on there. I need to drift back to the prompts as I've been busy with swaps I've forgotten what they are! Cheesy Great work though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
"Make good art" - Neil Gaiman
50 Projects
samash90
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2014 08:56:30 PM »

Wow smeddly is there anything you can't do ? Kind of in Awww over here !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsycandice

« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2014 09:24:26 PM »

Battle/Challenge: March - Clone Wars
Bonus Points: zero
Project Name: Mini red velvet top hat
Brief Description: I made this little top hat to go along with a doll for a swap. I cannot disclose anymore about the larger piece as it is being mailed out shortly. However, I got the instructions for this mini top hat tutorial through Pinterest, I just sized it down a lot to fit my character: http://charmingink.com/blog/2012/2/7/diy-mini-top-hat-tutorial.html
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014 09:26:23 PM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
50 Projects
crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2014 11:59:07 PM »

There are so many awesome projects to comment on and I'm sorry for not individualizing them but YAY way to go everyone.  Great work!

I have a few things to post before the month is up and I forget.

Battle/Challenge:  March Battle Color
Team: Randomizer
Bonus Points:
Project Name: DIY alcohol inks
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I had never even heard of alcohol ink until LovelyMiss posted her push pin project here.  I was intrigued and started looking up what they were.  Then I decided I NEEDED some and instead of going out to buy more stuff to put in my stash, I found a site that had a DIY on how to make them.  So I did.  SO simple, just pour some alcohol in a cup and cut up a marker and put it in and let the alcohol absorb the color.  I had some dried up markers I cut open and put in the alcohol and this was the result.  So bright and vibrant.  I included the lil canvases I sampled the ink on.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Flash Mob- spring
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Welcome Spring
Brief Description: And again with my wreaths LOL.  This was made with the floral foam as the wreath, wrapped in two strands of green garland.  I painted the wooden flowers and cute the sign in the middle out of foam.  This was for the Dreaming of Spring Swap
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Idioms
Bonus Points:
Project Name: A picture paints a thousand words
Brief Description: After making the alcohol inks, I knew I wanted to do something with this idiom, so I began writing positive, uplifting words on a canvas.  When finished, I painted the ink onto it randomly.  Some of the words disappeared but for the most part all are there.  It is bright and makes me happy to see it! (and if anyone is bored enough to count, no there are not 1000 words, I could only fit 371 but it's the idea Wink  )  Took me over 5 hours just to write all the words!!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March Red Alert- Pi Day
Bonus Points:
Project Name: Infinite Love
Brief Description: Pi is an infinite number right? Well, what better way to symbolize that than the infinity sign.  My friend lost her baby girl at 28 weeks and I wanted to make her something.  She was mentioning that she wants a tattoo of the infinity symbol with her daughter's name in it, so I created this wooden heart magnet for her.  I'm sure a tattoo artist could do way better but this was done with love and care Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
131/50 swaps
97/50 friends/family
228/50 total
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2014 04:43:03 AM »

sammylouise40 - Welcome to the Nerd Games!  I love your clay hand!  What a neat project!

Smeddley - Such pretty drawings!  I love the one with spray inks...I still haven't quite figured them out yet!  Your monster is adorable, and your costume is perfect for Saint Patrick's Day!  And Pie...yum.  Great pie plate, too!

arstycandice - Such a tiny and wonderful top hat! 

crazyda79 - How cool that you made alcohol inks!  Now I wonder where all my dried up markers have gone...  Your projects turned out great!  I love the Idiom canvas!  Your wreath is also very cute, and the magnet for your friend is so sweet and thoughtful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2014 06:45:03 AM »

Wow, it's been a busy weekend!  So much awesomeness! Smeddley, you've been so busy!  My fave is the girl in the feather dress and I'm loving the tiny hat, artsycandice!  I may have to try my hand at the alcohol inks, too.  I have to remember to stop throwing out the dried out markers.... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsycandice

« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2014 09:34:38 AM »

Battle/Challenge:  March - Luck of the Irish
Project Name: You Can't Grow Luck Hoopla
Brief Description: I made this little hoopla specifically to make something for this prompt, and to add something more to my wall.  Grin Et voici!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March - Flash Mob
Project Name: Spring Flower Garden Hoopla
Brief Description: I made this for a swap. My partner likes flower gardens and bathtubs. So, here they are, forever joined in springy magnificence!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March - Exterminate!
Project Name: Teesha Moore-style scrappy patches
Brief Description: I just discovered these patches and thought they would be the perfect solution to my scrap bag of bits I didn't know what to do with but simply could not part with.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge:  March - Battle Royale COLOR
Project Name: "Birth" folio book pages
Brief Description: I made these at a book arts workshop a couple of weeks ago. It was a really neat experience. The instructor, Matthew Tyson, was from England and presently lived in the south of France so he brought a really interesting dynamic to the weekend. These pages are meant to be loose. I intend to make a folding portfolio to hold them in, eventually. They are stamped with various objects including potatoes, a ceramic vase and a paper towel tube. The content of the book is inspired by my birth experiences with my two kids (and number three, who will be here shortly).
Project Picture:
All the pages together:

A close-up of one page:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014 10:41:07 AM by artsycandice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find happiness.
50 Projects
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2014 10:47:22 AM »

Congratulations to bunny1kenobi and FreakieGeekie!  You are the Nerds of the Week!

First off, BIG CONGRATS to you too!!! You both deserve it!

Amaranth_in_oz Welcome!!! The ATCs are awesome I cant decide which I like better!
craftADDchick Awesome first TM patch! I love the background fabric its perfect with the quote!
vincentvanbuck Great ATCs!!!
sammylouise40 Awesome hand! I love the color combo!
Smeddley The sketch is awesome and I love how the spray inks look! The monster is adorable and I jealous of your Pi pan (also the pie looks delicious!) And your costume turned out fantastic!
artsycandice The mini top hat is adorable! And both of the hooplas turned out great! And awesome TM patches! I cant wait to finish my first one! And I love the folio pages! The colors are awesome!
crazyda79 I might have to try the alcohol inks, the colors turned out fantastic! I love your idiom, what a great idea! And the wreath and magnet both look great!

Battle/Challenge: March: Clone Wars
Team:Textbook
Project Name: Frozen Cupcakes
Project Link: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/262756959483900919/
Brief Description: I saw this pin and I knew I just had to try it! Plus since theres only two of us making a whole box of cupcakes isnt such a great idea. I messed up the frosting some how but thats what I get for not following a recipe and winging it.
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: Flash Mob: March
Project Name: Violet ATC
Brief Description: For me spring is the when the flowers start to bloom and since I dont any allergies I quite enjoy them!
Project Picture:

Battle/Challenge: Battle Royale: Color
Project Name: Ib Shirt
Brief Description:
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014 10:48:32 AM by BadWolf314 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy a Digital Video Camera
How to Create a Bullet Wound with Makeup
Non-Linear Editing - A Primer
Film Editing Basics and Theory
Free Video Editing Tip: 3D Compositing
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...